X500 vs QB6 vs DR650GW-2CH

beef331994

Hi guys,

I am looking at purchasing a dashcam in the upcoming IT show and I hope the gurus around here can enlighten me and point me in the right direction.

The three models I am looking at are the Thinkware X500, Marbella QB6 and Blackvue DR650GW-2CH.

I heard thinkware is super reliable. It has all the bells and whistles but the price is a bummer.

The specs of the QB6 looks good and the videos look decent and can get the job done. Best thing is the price for 2CH full HDeek.gif. However i would like to know its reliability, maybe based on past models because this is a new model.

The Blackvue DR650 has the best form factor. However, I read online that the back camera sometimes turns totally purple. Blackvue also has quite a bad problem with heat. The most overheating problems come from Blackvue units.

Having said all these, I am still a newbie at dashcams and hope you guys can help me out. Which should i pick and why? Also may I know approx how long do these cams last?

Thanks a ton in advance

↡ Advertisement

like any machinery, they all heat up under operations. And if your car is always parked under intensive heat, even the most expensive dashcam will spoil. That is because you car becomes a sauna in that kind of temperature.

all dashcams that has a certain price tag appears fairly decent. I used a Papago P3 which cost me a bomb and served me very welk. I changed to my new Sylphy and replace with Blackvue. So far so good, no regrets. Feels warm to the touch. But then again, which equipment doesn't heat up.

Finally, all decent dashcams are almost similar with different speciality. Dun just shop for the best. Note what functions u need, shortlist then, test it out, then go with your guts.

Hi guys,

I am looking at purchasing a dashcam in the upcoming IT show and I hope the gurus around here can enlighten me and point me in the right direction.

The three models I am looking at are the Thinkware X500, Marbella QB6 and Blackvue DR650GW-2CH.

I heard thinkware is super reliable. It has all the bells and whistles but the price is a bummer.

The specs of the QB6 looks good and the videos look decent and can get the job done. Best thing is the price for 2CH full HDeek.gif. However i would like to know its reliability, maybe based on past models because this is a new model.

The Blackvue DR650 has the best form factor. However, I read online that the back camera sometimes turns totally purple. Blackvue also has quite a bad problem with heat. The most overheating problems come from Blackvue units.

Having said all these, I am still a newbie at dashcams and hope you guys can help me out. Which should i pick and why? Also may I know approx how long do these cams last?

Thanks a ton in advance

↡ Advertisement