[Review] 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter

Superyandao

g.png

I drive a honda ridgeline pickup truck and my wife drive a honda civic. I've been looking for a decent jumpstarter that would be powerful enough for both of our vehicles. Rather then having 2 various models it just seemed easier to get two identical units. After reading reviews on several various jump-starters I opted for this model.

Now the most negative thing I could find about this thing was it lacked a flat charger so you couldn't leave it plugged in. For me that's not even a factor, after all I bought this to charge it and then put it in the trunk of my wifes car and in the cargo area of my truck. I don't intend on leaving this plugged in. So if you plan on using this HOW IT IS DESIGNED then you too don't even need to worry about the lack of a float charger.

That being said, the unit itself is a bit heavy, imagine picking up really big battery, that's essentially what this is. It has some weight to it.

The jumpstarter itself also features an interesting little light that pivots as well as an air compressor. I've heard/read back reviews on the air compressor, for me it's not why I bought it. But initial checks it looks like it works fine and even has somewhere to store the air hose which is really nice.

The one negative I have on this thing is the power switch for the air compressor is on the back and is not protected. In other words it could in theory be flipped on and drain the battery. So when you need to jump your car the starter would be dead. I wish they put a cover or moved the switch but honestly it would take a perfect mistake for that to get turned on so it's really not that critical. To prevent this from potentially happening I actually went down to Target and bought 2 milk crates,one for me and one for my wife. I put a jump starter, first aid kit, oil, etc in the crate so it's essentially the roadside emergency crate and also protects the jumpstarter from getting knocked around and/or turned on.

Overall I spent $140 total on 2 of these and I'm really happy with the quality. They charge overnight easily, the indicator lights show you the charge remaining on the battery and it has power ports for 12volt and USB which is an added bonus.

If you need a jumpstarter I would definitely consider this one.

51x1IIIvo1L.jpg

↡ Advertisement

g.png

I drive a honda ridgeline pickup truck and my wife drive a honda civic. I've been looking for a decent jumpstarter that would be powerful enough for both of our vehicles. Rather then having 2 various models it just seemed easier to get two identical units. After reading reviews on several various jump-starters I opted for this model.

Now the most negative thing I could find about this thing was it lacked a flat charger so you couldn't leave it plugged in. For me that's not even a factor, after all I bought this to charge it and then put it in the trunk of my wifes car and in the cargo area of my truck. I don't intend on leaving this plugged in. So if you plan on using this HOW IT IS DESIGNED then you too don't even need to worry about the lack of a float charger.

That being said, the unit itself is a bit heavy, imagine picking up really big battery, that's essentially what this is. It has some weight to it.

The jumpstarter itself also features an interesting little light that pivots as well as an air compressor. I've heard/read back reviews on the air compressor, for me it's not why I bought it. But initial checks it looks like it works fine and even has somewhere to store the air hose which is really nice.

The one negative I have on this thing is the power switch for the air compressor is on the back and is not protected. In other words it could in theory be flipped on and drain the battery. So when you need to jump your car the starter would be dead. I wish they put a cover or moved the switch but honestly it would take a perfect mistake for that to get turned on so it's really not that critical. To prevent this from potentially happening I actually went down to Target and bought 2 milk crates,one for me and one for my wife. I put a jump starter, first aid kit, oil, etc in the crate so it's essentially the roadside emergency crate and also protects the jumpstarter from getting knocked around and/or turned on.

Overall I spent $140 total on 2 of these and I'm really happy with the quality. They charge overnight easily, the indicator lights show you the charge remaining on the battery and it has power ports for 12volt and USB which is an added bonus.

If you need a jumpstarter I would definitely consider this one.

51x1IIIvo1L.jpg

Bro, you got it from Amazon.com?