Scratched a Mercedes. Need to know repair charges.

rhaz

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone. Need some advise here. I accidentally scratched a mercedes while trying to reverse my lorry n the owner is asking for repair compensation. So i would like to know how much is the total cost to repair a scratch mercedes market price before i got con for extra charges. Help me pls. Thanks in advance.

post-154237-0-34484300-1421035298_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

based on ur pict.. 2 panels..

ard 200~500 range... really depends on where the owner goes... u.. are at his/her mercy anyways...

The owner got to take the trouble to get it fixed and may not be able to use his car for a couple of days. What does the merc owner gain from it? Spray painted can't be comparable to original condition. Under sunlight the scratch is still slightly visible. You can't say TS is at his mercy. He didn't asked to be scratched leh.

• Praise 6

Twincharged

Depends on where he go and how particular he is. If he don't mind just spot repair then $200-$500 can already. If he wants it to be done by re-spraying all the panels affected or going back to AD then it will be alot more.

repair and respray 2 x panels = $500-$2000 (depends AD or not)

1-2 days job = rental car = $200-$500 (depends on AD or not)

if go back to AD and AD chut pattern and said must replace the whole fender ... more ex ...

and hopefully the door has no "damage"

Edited by Wt_know

all AD charge premium la .. not just CnC ... because jin ho jiak ... and sometime the work is even outsource

try to talk to the car owner and to do the repair outside if there is no "physical" damage only "superficial"

but if new car less than 3 years and still under warranty ...

if i'm the owner ... die die will want the repair done in AD ...

Merc AD CnC for one panel respray is at least $600.

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

if it's your merc, will you accept?

$1000 not enough nia. especially if the car under warranty or quite new. then obviously he will want to go back AD for the work.

Ts, dont headache.

Offer Merces owner cash S$1000 to close case.

take it as a lesson.

From pic looks like E class, it it?

AD different model charges also different.

Some more owner also , if more expensive model may ask more also.

Might as well claim insurance if he ask too much.

• Praise 1

I think the side mirror kena also.

Two panels + one side mirror, should be ard $800 to $1000.

If he go back AD, then u better check ur insurance excess and maybe ask him claim ur insurance instead.

I reckn the owner will go back to the AD, usually the AD will have their own spray shop or company if you want the best deal go with the owner to the spray shop and work out the price to repair. If you go down the insurance route the workshop will definitely the jack up the price up to claim your insurer. I experience this before except I kanna scratch by other people. The workshop maybe pity you give you a better price if you are there to review the job with them

Edited by Mercury1

I think the side mirror kena also.

Two panels + one side mirror, should be ard $800 to $1000.

If he go back AD, then u better check ur insurance excess and maybe ask him claim ur insurance insteaI TO

I tot insurance excess is only applicable for own claiming purpose, doesn't concern the other party claiming u at all?

↡ Advertisement