Ford : 6.8m

Nissan : 5.5m

Fiat-Chrysler : 4.8m

Honda : 4.3m

PSA : 2.9m

Renault : 2.7m

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Which cars contributed to their sales? Camry and altis? I do not really see a lot of new altis on the roads. Current altis is about 120K. Minus off say 50K for the difference in coe compared to 2008 period, and adding back the cevs rebate, one is effectively paying abt 70plus K compared to 60plus K for an altis then! I may be wrong in my calculation though.

Edited by Andyngps

Which cars contributed to their sales? Camry and altis? I do not really see a lot of new altis on the roads. Current altis is about 120K. Minus off say 50K for the difference in coe compared to 2008 period, and adding back the cevs rebate, one is effectively paying abt 70plus K compared to 60plus K for an altis then! I may be wrong in my calculation though.

Its one of the better buy compared to the Korean K3 or elantra

Its one of the better buy compared to the Korean K3 or elantra

True bro. No doubt toyota is reliable. Though I am surprised Honda did not perform better given that now their premium over toyota is reducing.

Nowadays, all ADs are making more per car compared to years back, reason is cos they selling much less cars these days but as they still need to cover their overheads hence they make more per car to make up for the shortfall. Not saying this is right but that's the bottome line i'm afraid [thumbsdown]

• Praise 9

This is global sales. Singapore's contribution to this figure has many many zeros in front and many many decimal places at the back. But that said, we have the most Toyota operating on the roads at this time. In terms of value, Singapore is contributing more towards Toyota in the volume of spare parts traded.

If we look at it with domestical context, each country will tend to some brands with very strong presence, eg. Maruti-Suzuki in India. So, it really depends on the how solid is the brand name in that country and how much the brand wants to invest in marketing and production locally.

The 2 biggest consumer markets are where all the action is.

Toyota is strong in every American segment - Pickups, regular cars, SUVs

VW is probably strong in China where all the Japanese brands will get hammered cos of anti-japanese sentiment.

Even ISIS uses toyota lol..

• Praise 1

Nowadays, all ADs are making more per car compared to years back, reason is cos they selling much less cars these days but as they still need to cover their overheads hence they make more per car to make up for the shortfall. Not saying this is right but that's the bottome line i'm afraid [thumbsdown]

Agreed. So should we be hunting for undervalued cars instead though it is depreciating asset? Lol.

Sales figure in 2014

Toyota : 10.23m

Volkswagen : 10.14m

General Motors : 9.92m

Hyundai : 7.9m

Ford : 6.8m

Nissan : 5.5m

Fiat-Chrysler : 4.8m

Honda : 4.3m

PSA : 2.9m

Renault : 2.7m

Volkswagen can rank No.2, seriously it's miracle