Do I need to do alignment?

Spken1976

Hi all, need your advices. Had changed my 4 tyres recently, do I need to get my alignment done also?? Had done the rotation during changing. My steering wheel was tilted a bit now.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, need your advices. Had changed my 4 tyres recently, do I need to get my alignment done also?? Had done the rotation during changing. My steering wheel was tilted a bit now.

Must do alignment ...

If you hold your steering wheel straight, but your car is drifting to the side, alignment won't help.

If you let go your steering wheel, it automatically turn slightly to the side, you need to do alignment.

Find a straight, flat road and test. Of course, look out for traffic..

Recently, I needed to do alignment, after I changed my rims & tires from 14" to 16". Cost $70,at Kenny wheel alignment.

• Praise 2

If you hold your steering wheel straight, but your car is drifting to the side, alignment won't help.

If you let go your steering wheel, it automatically turn slightly to the side, you need to do alignment.

Recently, I needed to do alignment, after I changed my rims & tires from 14" to 16". Cost $70,at Kenny wheel alignment.

Kenny is a good place to go.

Hi, thks for all the advices. Btw anyone been to KN Garage for alignment? Any comments? Cause I live nearby there.

in case you really need a fast turnaround time to get the wheels aligned, you may go to Aesop Automotive Centre. i have been to both workshops which are located in AMK. the Malay uncle is just as good as Kenny. slightly cheaper as well. :D

in case you really need a fast turnaround time to get the wheels aligned, you may go to Aesop Automotive Centre. i have been to both workshops which are located in AMK. the Malay uncle is just as good as Kenny. slightly cheaper as well. :D

Hi thks for the recommendation.

Hi, got a bit confused.

My car will drift to one side if my steering wheel is straight. In order to drive straight, i need to turn the steering wheel slightly to the right. So i guess its the same as your first point, meaning alignment wont help?

So what can be done for that? Sorry noob driver here. [sweatdrop]

It's always good to do alignment when change Tyres. It will better serve ur new Tyres 😄👍

can explain why change tyre must do alignment?

tyre profile remains the same

can explain why change tyre must do alignment?

tyre profile remains the same

Good to do, one reason for myself is to make sure my new Tyres r align n balance properly so as not to hv new Tyres wear uneven fm day one.

N anyway I change Tyres once every 2 yrs, so doing alignment is also part of routine check to make sure car Alingment is good😄

Some wouldn't do, still ok.

• Praise 1

Hi, got a bit confused.

My car will drift to one side if my steering wheel is straight. In order to drive straight, i need to turn the steering wheel slightly to the right. So i guess its the same as your first point, meaning alignment wont help?

So what can be done for that? Sorry noob driver here. [sweatdrop]

Hi, probably I didn't explain properly due to my poor English. Nonetheless, please search some videos from YouTube, perhaps you will understand better. Essentially, alignment only adjust your tires, to prevent uneven wear and tear. For your case, need to align your steering wheel which normal workshop can do the job. Edited by Optramagnum

Hi, probably I didn't explain properly due to my poor English. Nonetheless, please search some videos from YouTube, perhaps you will understand better. Essentially, alignment only adjust your tires, to prevent uneven wear and tear. For your case, need to align your steering wheel which normal workshop can do the job.

Thanks for the reply. [thumbsup] I get it now, i always thought that wheel alignment and steering are together, as in one single process. [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Went to KN Garage for alignment this morning. Spent $30. But think nothing improved. My steering wheel still tilted. Went back to the shop in the afternoon to rectify, the guy just took my car for a ride outside and came back and told me it was rectified. I asked him what did he do, and he was unable to answer. Drove back and found out the steering wheel is still tilted. Totally not recommend to this shop.

Bought the tyres from AL Tyres and they recommended me to this workshop.

Went to KN Garage for alignment this morning. Spent $30. But think nothing improved. My steering wheel still tilted. Went back to the shop in the afternoon to rectify, the guy just took my car for a ride outside and came back and told me it was rectified. I asked him what did he do, and he was unable to answer. Drove back and found out the steering wheel is still tilted. Totally not recommend to this shop.

Bought the tyres from AL Tyres and they recommended me to this workshop.

Search in this forum " Side Slip " there are tons of information

You can try JC wheel dynamics at Jurong east. Can look for Ah xiong. I've been there twice and it's pretty good.

You can google for more reviews to decide.

↡ Advertisement