ESSO DBS 20% discount?

Heluim

Does anybody knows how do we get ESSO DBS 20% discount?

I always see the advertisement at the petrol station.

However the Max I have gotten is 17%.

And most of the staff is clueless about it also.

↡ Advertisement

Does anybody knows how do we get ESSO DBS 20% discount?

I always see the advertisement at the petrol station.

However the Max I have gotten is 17%.

And most of the staff is clueless about it also.

call DBS and ask loh... could be some cashback or rebate to make it like 19+% close to 20%..

maybe this http://www.dbs.com.sg/personal/cards/credit-cards/dbs-esso-platinum-card

Edited by Xers007
  • Praise 1

onsite only 17% discount

the "additional" 3% discount under loyalty programme is not easily achieved unless you are a high usage user ...

how much or how many liters of fuel you pump per month?

post-7984-0-93523100-1423554608_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

I pumped full tank yesterday and I have both the OCBC and the DBS Esso Card. I asked the cashier which card offer more discount, she told me the DBS card offer more discount. How much discount ? I did not check.

• Praise 1

every litre of esso gets 1 smile pt.

750 smile pt get $30 fuel discount.

if pumped >=250 litre in a calendar mth, get 35% bonus smile pt.

dbs esso card gets direct upfront 17% discount. the remaining 3% r derived frm above with bonus smile pt. [;)]

• Praise 4

every litre of esso gets 1 smile pt.

750 smile pt get $30 fuel discount.

if pumped >=250 litre in a calendar mth, get 35% bonus smile pt.

dbs esso card gets direct upfront 17% discount. the remaining 3% r derived frm above with bonus smile pt. [;)]

oh.. they gimmick sia like tt.. they should just put 17% flat.. we are ok with that.. made me confused man.. haha..

• Praise 1

I pumped full tank yesterday and I have both the OCBC and the DBS Esso Card. I asked the cashier which card offer more discount, she told me the DBS card offer more discount. How much discount ? I did not check.

dbs esso card gets upfront 17%, no string attached.

ocbc 365 gets upfront 14% n another 4.3% frm 5% cashback (0.86x5%=4.3%) a mth or so later. the catch is that must spend at least $600 on the card (on anything).

17% normal discount is correct. But if you pump $60 worth, you get another $2 off, which is equal to 3.33%. So all in all you get 20%. But the catch is, 20% is achievable only if you pump in multiples of $60.

Hope this clarifies

Edited by Matoonia
  • Praise 2

17% normal discount is correct. But if you pump $60 worth, you get another $2 off, which is equal to 3.33%. So all in all you get 20%. But the catch is, 20% is achievable only if you pump in multiples of $60.

Hope this clarifies

$2 off no more already. i got it late last mth but not yesterday.

• Praise 1

Citi Dividend card is same as the OCBC365 then less the $600 min sum per mth.

14% upfront + 5% cash back (effectively 4.3%) so total 18.3% discount, 1 criteria is must pump minimum $50 nett.

IMO. the above is the best if you pump more than $50 nett each time otherwise the DBS Essocard with upfront 17% discount is next best if you pump less than $50 nett.

OCBC365 card no point I feel cos must spend $600 for the month which can be a burden I feel.

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 9

Talk about Credit Card discount,make me angry,HSBC Corporate Visa card a @ Caltex,14% discount,HSBC replaced the Visa card to Corporate Mastercard,only 5% discount @ Caltex..HSBC is the worst bank around.

• Praise 1

Talk about Credit Card discount,make me angry,HSBC Corporate Visa card a @ Caltex,14% discount,HSBC replaced the Visa card to Corporate Mastercard,only 5% discount @ Caltex..HSBC is the worst bank around.

HSBC Visa Infinite also [thumbsdown]

I have checked with the Esso counter staff.

20% discount is applicable only if you charge $600 nett on fuel purchase at Esso in a calendar month to the card. Station discount is 17%. The additional 3% will be credited into your card.