When you see car behind forget to on their head lights

3ply

What do you do?

I usually try to indicate to the driver by using the 'twinkle twinkle star' hand signal, but 2 recent incidents is making me think twice.

The first time after indicating to the driver, the driver turn on the head lights, wind down his window and show me the finger. The second, which just happened, the driver kept flashing his high beam at me and tailgate me for a considerable distance.

Wrong to indicate driver he forgot to turn on his head lights? [:(]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

I used to wind down the window and tell the driver but now I can't be bothered. Now I see even more drivers left the fuel cap cover pop open or rather not closed properly. I can't be bothered also. LoL...

See too many of such drivers. Why should I be reminding them? There are indicators in their dash and mirrors to check whether the cover is properly closed. Kayu drivers.

• Praise 7

i have also gave up on telling others after encountered similar rude responses... difficult to be good guys. think SG is too stress up, out of nothing they just think you are trying to be funny with them. i just let them be. forget it.

• Praise 3

I encountered one last night. I followed the car for some distance. I turned off my headlamps and turned them on again. A few seconds later, that car's lamps were turned ON!

• Praise 3

Just switch on and off your headlights afew times. If the driver get it,he will know what to do.

Out of 10, only 2-3 drivers will get this

Sotong to the max

I used to wind down the window and tell the driver but now I can't be bothered. Now I see even more drivers left the fuel cap cover pop open or rather not closed properly. I can't be bothered also. LoL...

See too many of such drivers. Why should I be reminding them? There are indicators in their dash and mirrors to check whether the cover is properly closed. Kayu drivers.

Fuel cap no need bother to inform, they will know it when they leave their car.

It is not hazard to other drivers.

And some car dun have indicators saying that fuel cap is not closed properly and conti cars fuel cap cant close fully when u lock the car

• Praise 1

Most drivers too busy to notice other motorists....just overtake them,don't follow a car that did not switch on their lights,just in case they step on their brakes & you bang into them.[lost your NCD]. [furious]

Edited by ER-3682
  • Praise 1

Sotong to the max

Fuel cap no need bother to inform, they will know it when they leave their car.

It is not hazard to other drivers.

And some car dun have indicators saying that fuel cap is not closed properly and conti cars fuel cap cant close fully when u lock the car

Heh. My low end car don't have such function too.

Turbocharged

Those that got it are normally the car enthusiasts. This group of drivers have better situation awareness.

It is more difficult to indicate tyre puncture !

There is some gadget you can install to monitor your tyre pressure. It will show you via a small screen on your dashboard.

Those that got it are normally the car enthusiasts. This group of drivers have better situation awareness.

Nowadays.. Many cars got auto lights or even self-illuminated instrument cluster. As a result, many people conveniently "forget" to turn on their headlights at night because back in our old fashioned mind, in our old fashioned cars,

Instrument cluster illuminated = head light/pole light on.

• Praise 1

I encountered one last night. I followed the car for some distance. I turned off my headlamps and turned them on again. A few seconds later, that car's lamps were turned ON!

Good.... but not good for those with HID lights to do on/off simultaneously... I'm just sayin'... -_-

i have also gave up on telling others after encountered similar rude responses... difficult to be good guys. think SG is too stress up, out of nothing they just think you are trying to be funny with them. i just let them be. forget it.

No need to get upset when u meet rude ppl la... juz tell yourself... 对得起自己...

personally, i see i will still tell regardless of the response from the driver.. as long as there is a tiny possibility that driver turn on headlights can help him/her avoid an accident.. its worth the effort...

btw... if on expressway... i steer clear if i deem dangerous .. if on normal roads.. usually drive beside, tap horn, smile and indicate wat i want to say...

• Praise 2

What do you do?

I usually try to indicate to the driver by using the 'twinkle twinkle star' hand signal, but 2 recent incidents is making me think twice.

The first time after indicating to the driver, the driver turn on the head lights, wind down his window and show me the finger. The second, which just happened, the driver kept flashing his high beam at me and tailgate me for a considerable distance.

Wrong to indicate driver he forgot to turn on his head lights? [:(]

Must be careful when you play "twinkle twinkle star" hand signal. Female drivers may think it's sexual harassment. Maybe that's why they are so pissed off. Haha.

I usually don't do anything to tell them, because no good way to do so.

1) Tap horn - later he dun get the message, not happy, how? Spoil my day.

2) Flash high beam - same as #1.

3) On/off headlights - I have HID headlights. Not going to damage them.

4) Pull alongside and hand signal - I have a few choice hand signals, but none are appropriate for this.

So, i normally just stay clear of them.

On cny 1st day at my carpark area i saw a car boot open during noon and and no people around, at night came home also open big big. this kind of situation how to alert the owner? haha

↡ Advertisement