Aircon fan delay

Ronleech

Noticed this morning.

I on my blower without air con button turn on. Air flow was ok. when i press the air con button to on, it delay for a few second then can feel the cool wind.

But when i try it another way round, i wisted the AC power to start the fan with the air con button engaged, it was ok.

Park my car and try, with air con button not on but blower on, i press the air con button, the fan took a quite a few seconds before it was activated and tuen.

Tried again with aircon button on, then follow by blow, fan on instantly.

Something wrong with the air con?

↡ Advertisement

Don't understand... do you mean the air flow stops when you press the AC button, then after a few seconds the air flow starts and it's cold?

If what you mean is the air flow takes a few seconds to change from warm to cold, then that sounds normal, AC isn't instant and it takes time for the cold air to flow through the pipes to reach you. The cooling element isn't fixed right at the vents.

(edited)

no lah...

situation 1

On blower no on air con (button no pressed on), when wann on air con, fan delay to turn after i press the AC button.

Situation 2,

activated my AC button then on blow, fan turn immediately.

In situation 1, fan delay a while then start to turn...not air flow....

Kekeke....pai sey.....

Edited by Ronleech

(edited)

thanks...but think i get the pic now.... Fan dun necessary run all the time when even air con on...depending on the thermostat and whatever device it was fitted with, it will come on and off when necessary ie too warm... is it correct? I am driving a picanto

Edited by Ronleech

sorry got all of it sorted out...i looked at the radiator fan not air con fan.... sorry for all the commotion. :P

was checking out the cut in when turning on aircon as engine become rougher after doing so. Then realise there is another small fan for blower and the one behind the Tangki is not my target...hahah.

was checking out the cut in when turning on aircon as engine become rougher after doing so. Then realise there is another small fan for blower and the one behind the Tangki is not my target...hahah.

I think you are looking at the aircon condenser fan, the aircon blower is usually installed inside your dash board which you cannot see.

the big fan behind the radiator....what fan is that?

Radiator fan lor.

Some car makers design the aircon system separately from the main radiator. So you see one big fan behind your radiator and next to it a smaller fan to cool what looks like a small radiator but it's an aircon condenser. They look alike coz they basically work on the same cooling principle. Some cars are designed as a "2-in-1" where aircon and radiator utilize just one big fan to do the cooling. The aircon condenser could be mounted in front or behind the radiator.

My previous Honda used to be a separate system but when the smaller fan failed I didn't realised it until I kept things running and open the hood. Strangely the aircon is still churning cool air though. For the integrated system if the fan fails you will see the engine temperature go up as well as the aircon churning out hot air. This is the no good thing about it. Or rather there are pros and cons on these 2 type of system.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Does a picanto have a condenser fan?

The one i take note of is the big fan behind the radiator. lol.

↡ Advertisement