2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

This thread is set up for discussions of anything technical, features or functions for the 2014 Corolla Altis.

It is not for the discussion on the price or cost related issues, comparison with other makes/models and similar irrelevances.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Is there a need to start another altis topic?

this one I would support as the altis 2014 is mixed. Leave this for technical as I see the Altis 2014 more of a general thread.

Strictly discussions on issues with Altis as well as the functionalities and all. LEave the COE, ARF, etc, sales comm, sales attitude there.

Engineers issues can also be here.

• Praise 1

I totally support the discussion in functionalities of any cars than the value of them. Thank for starting out this thread.

This thread is set up for discussions of anything technical, features or functions for the 2014 Corolla Altis.

It is not for the discussion on the price or cost related issues, comparison with other makes/models and similar irrelevances.

• Praise 2

I personally find the stock tyres are quite noisy. That's the first item that goes out of the car 1 week after u got it. I have been using Michelin XM 2 tyres and it is really a world difference in performance and road noise. Anyone change tyres? Feedback?

I personally find the stock tyres are quite noisy. That's the first item that goes out of the car 1 week after u got it. I have been using Michelin XM 2 tyres and it is really a world difference in performance and road noise. Anyone change tyres? Feedback?

Planning to change to Michelin PS3 when the stock tyres wear out.

At the correct pressure, the stock tyres seems not to be grippy.

For your Michelin XM2, compared with stock tyres, do you feel the side wall stiffer?

Any change in pressure?

I actually don't drive a lot during the first week with stock tyres to feel the difference. Changed to xm2 on the second week. xm2's sidewall is not the stiffest. Goodyear's stiffness are far superior from Kevlar sidewall but nah... The tyres are too noisy for my liking.

I always pump 33 psi. Not sure if any changes.

Planning to change to Michelin PS3 when the stock tyres wear out.

At the correct pressure, the stock tyres seems not to be grippy.

For your Michelin XM2, compared with stock tyres, do you feel the side wall stiffer?

Any change in pressure?

I always pump 33 psi. Not sure if any changes.

I guess 33psi will work well with the XM2.

The recommended is about 32 front and 31 back.

Any other changes from stock besides tyres?

I am gonna change my stock halogen headlight bulbs (Altis Classic) to philips crystal vision which is whiter.

Aesthetically [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

(edited)

Just to highlight, the power outlet is rated 12V / 120W (10A).

Do take note that some inverters or tyre inflators are above this rating.

Edited by Kklee

Changed cabin, boot and number plate lights to LEDs. Took out my crystal vision from my old car and install on the fog light of the new one. The stock yellow colour fog lights do not complement the state-of-the-art LED headlights.

Any non-OEM exterior lights more than 4500K will risk a present from LTA.

I guess 33psi will work well with the XM2.

The recommended is about 32 front and 31 back.

Any other changes from stock besides tyres?

• Praise 1

The stock yellow colour fog lights do not complement the state-of-the-art LED headlights.

Fog lights are suppose to be yellow.

In fact, never like the stock tyres anyway. Noisy and poor road handling. You can have 10 airbags but when you lose control of your car because of lousy tyres, everything including your airbags goes down. Your money, your lives. I never believe saving money when it comes to good tyres.

• Praise 1

4300K is okay. Anything more will put it to blue spectrum which won't be good if you are driving up north pitch dark or at night in heavy downpour. That's why cars don't come with OEM blue head/fog lights

Fog lights are suppose to be yellow.

Dunlop if I am not wrong

What is the stock tire model ?

4300K is okay. Anything more will put it to blue spectrum which won't be good if you are driving up north pitch dark or at night in heavy downpour. That's why cars don't come with OEM blue head/fog lights

Dunlop if I am not wrong

I see. I have never used Dunlop tire myself, but my fil once changed to a Dunlop and he told me it was bad, as it skidded when new. But of cos there are many factors and also Dunlop has different grade of tires. I have the impression that Dunlop tires like not so popular here.

Is the high dashboard hindering the driver's front view ? I like the interior design and this is one concern.

What is the stock tire model ?

Mine is Bridgestone.

I think I miss the yellowish lights.

↡ Advertisement