Left 6mths before scrap, need to svc car?

SafeCar

My Altis is due for servicing, not sure if minor or major, can I forgo since the car is going for scrap in Oct?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Change oil and filter will do.

Those ding ding dong dong sound, if u can bear with it, then Dont need to change.

Provided it is not endangering yr lifelife

Cheapest oil+ filter + labour will cost less than 80.

Edited by Mcf777

That must be the reason why i saw so many cars on fire nowadays! Mostly those older vehicles due for expiry. Do let us know your plate so that i will avoid haha...

Edited by Kenomi

My Altis is due for servicing, not sure if minor or major, can I forgo since the car is going for scrap in Oct?

Don't need to service la. If it breaks down then just get it towed and scraped slightly earlier.

That must be the reason why i saw so many cars on fire nowadays! Mostly those older vehicles due for expiry. Do let us know your plate so that i will avoid haha...

Do you really believe that those cars catch fire because they miss one scheduled servicing instead of some other more insidious fault?

I think it is way more likely that they had some illegal(or even non-illegal) modifications done and it was not up to standard.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

depends on the mileage you are going to cover in the next six months.

If it's going to to less than 10k, just top up the oil level if it is low.

:D

Supercharged

my regular servicing is almost once every 2.5 months..

if you don't cover 10,000 km in that 6 months, might as well scrap early..

6 months still have sometime away, esp if you still drive the car regularly everyday, still need to service the car if it is due now. Just change engine oil will do.

Just look for those $28 or $38 cheap car servicing from goupon.sg.(Synthetic Oil & oil filter plus 31 pts check)

I just did mine last saturday.

After 3yrs warranty over,i have been using these type of servicing til now the car is 7yrs old.