Transponder key duplication

Advancer

Hi, may I know can you guys recommend a good place to duplicate a transponder key?

No remote control requite, just the simple key will do.

Was quoted by soxxi master at $180.

Heard there is a one arm uncle at ubi that does key duplication.

Anyone knows the shop name or has the contact?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, may I know can you guys recommend a good place to duplicate a transponder key?

No remote control requite, just the simple key will do.

Was quoted by soxxi master at $180.

One key/locksmith in JB Tun Aminah (nearby skudai) had made my Benz and BMW duplicate keys with satisfaction in pricing and functional specifications as compare with KL and SG vendors.

If you do need further informations to make your initial enquiry and later for decisions, please PM me for his mobile contact to made your inquiries.

Toa Payoh Central. A push cart uncle operate there everyday till around 10pm. Not sure about the blk number but its beside/near KFC. Just recce around there, u will see him. Did mine around 2 years ago and rate around $100

Edited by Wishxsr
  • Praise 1

Huat Soon Enterprise at Blk 302 Ubi Ave 1 #01-45 S(400302)

Just went there last week [;)] I think I have his name card in office, I go search tmr

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Just went there last week [;)] I think I have his name card in office, I go search tmr

Thanks man. Can't find his contact online.

How do you rate the skills and price?

Edited by Advancer

Newton Auto Key..I think I paid $80 for my VW van key.

Soxxi wants $180.

Called Newton auto at ubi.

They quote me $180 also leh.

Supersonic

Called Newton auto at ubi.

They quote me $180 also leh.

Try the one at Turf City, that's where I did mine.

Visited the shop already. Quoted me $120 but have to wait 2 weeks for the chip to come in.

Turbocharged

probably abit too far for u, but I was at Central Festival mall in Hat Yai (south Thailand) today and the key shop guy in the basement quoted

1) 700baht to cut a new key without transponder (using his key blank). 15min job

2) 500baht to cut a new key without transponder, using a key blank I brought (i.e. he only had to do the cutting.). 15min job

3) estimated 1500 baht to provide key blank, cut key, and install transponder. Need time to order the transponder for my Subaru. Probably half day job.

Twincharged

I ordered the transponder from taobao for $5 for my car. They have most models available. Need to have one working transponder with you though cuz the transponder comes unprogrammed. Got to use your original one to program the duplicate. Comes with the blank for the key and I brought it to the key shop at juntion 8 and duplicated the key for $12.

I ordered the transponder from taobao for $5 for my car. They have most models available. Need to have one working transponder with you though cuz the transponder comes unprogrammed. Got to use your original one to program the duplicate. Comes with the blank for the key and I brought it to the key shop at juntion 8 and duplicated the key for $12.

Can share the link please?

Twincharged

Can share the link please?

Don't have the link already. Bought long time ago. But they are all over taobao. Just do a search. Only downside is they can't help you much if your car got immobilizer. They can't duplicate that. You got to transfer the chip over from the old transponder to the new one.

Don't have the link already. Bought long time ago. But they are all over taobao. Just do a search. Only downside is they can't help you much if your car got immobilizer. They can't duplicate that. You got to transfer the chip over from the old transponder to the new one.

Then no point because I am making a 3rd key and not transferring anything.
↡ Advertisement