Cheap panel beating and paint spray for a single panel

Saviourwu

Recently wifey got into a little parking accident and scrapped a rear passenger door against a pillar. Two mass stretch of lines and the door got indented like an mini inverted wok. Only 1 single door was affected.

Guess will need some panel beating and re-spray of the affected door. Anyone any recommendations where to do repairs? Got quoted $380 from a workshop recommended by a friend. Is it considered reasonable?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Answering my own question in case anyone looking for answers here.

There's a workshop in Ubi area called Hoe Meng Spray Painting Service. Workers and boss are nice, quoted me half the price as compared to my friend's recommended workshop, and completed the repair in just one day.

Even opened late till 7.30pm to wait for me to collect my car.

Need to wait for a few months to really test out the paint quality, but the panel beating and service is good. Recommend you guys to give it a go if ever need any repair services or painting job.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

There's a workshop in Ubi area called Hoe Meng Spray Painting Service. Workers and boss are nice, quoted me half the price as compared to my friend's recommended workshop, and completed the repair in just one day.

Need to wait for a few months to really test out the paint quality, but the panel beating and service is good. Recommend you guys to give it a go if ever need any repair services or painting job.

paint quality and clear coat used can make a huge difference. you can always tell of short cut jobs a few months down the line. but cheap lor. for paint, prep is the most important and you really need time to do it right.

• Praise 1

More than a year old thread but comes in handy.

My side mirror hit the corner of a van while reverse parking today. Not a very serious dent. Still, I owe the van driver to do good as the van belongs to his employer. Will look up for Hoe Meng on Tuesday

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

More than a year old thread but comes in handy.

My side mirror hit the corner of a van while reverse parking today. Not a very serious dent. Still, I owe the van driver to do good as the van belongs to his employer. Will look up for Hoe Meng on Tuesday

Hi I m looking for someone to do some touch ups to my car. How was your experience with Hoe Meng? How much did it cost you?
  • Praise 1

Hi I m looking for someone to do some touch ups to my car. How was your experience with Hoe Meng? How much did it cost you?

I did not look up for Hoe Meng. Instead, I relied on the reviews at sgcarmart. I located one with lots of praises but in the end got slaughtered $150 for the job. I was quoted $50 when I went to the workshop getting a quote upfront by showing the photos that I took of the van.

I did not look up for Hoe Meng. Instead, I relied on the reviews at sgcarmart. I located one with lots of praises but in the end got slaughtered $150 for the job. I was quoted $50 when I went to the workshop getting a quote upfront by showing the photos that I took of the van.

Have not come across $50 spray job, as spot spray will have unevenness so normally by panel that cost $150 to $200.

• Praise 1

Have not come across $50 spray job, as spot spray will have unevenness so normally by panel that cost $150 to $200.

yeah, good quality spray job do not come cheap, if there's ws out there charging even lesser than $150 then you must enquire on the paint they use.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Nowadays, $150 for spray painting job is reasonable, IMO. Anything less is the ws try to entice you and anyhow quote low low.

BTW, I'm not a ws owner or anything like that, but I'm willing to pay $150 for a good spray painting job.

I'm also looking for a ws for re-spray my re-newed COE car. Also OC got the scratch right side at the rear door above the wheel.

Edited by kennytansk
  • Praise 1

yeah, good quality spray job do not come cheap, if there's ws out there charging even lesser than $150 then you must enquire on the paint they use.

Using him on my 2 ride so far the finishing and the paint still going strong after 3 yrs and now coated with pps.

Nowadays, $150 for spray painting job is reasonable, IMO. Anything less is the ws try to entice you and anyhow quote low low.

BTW, I'm not a ws owner or anything like that, but I'm willing to pay $150 for a good spray painting job.

I'm also looking for a ws for re-spray my re-newed COE car. Also OC got the scratch right side at the rear door above the wheel.

and i'm working at a ws, and paint dun come cheap, especially ws using sikkens brand of paint. But the quality of paintwork is really top notch i must say. Nothing comes cheap and good, you have to sacrifice one.

and i'm working at a ws, and paint dun come cheap, especially ws using sikkens brand of paint. But the quality of paintwork is really top notch i must say. Nothing comes cheap and good, you have to sacrifice one.

Nice..... so since you work in a ws, can quote me on the panel beating and painting for a slight rear door dent and above the wheel some scratches. Black color. PM me. [;)]

Thanks.

I thought also dependsbon color ? Black is the most difficult in terms of spray job... True ?

Bummer!!! Mine is a black color one... Really meh?

(edited)

Was quoted $200 at Sze Kang for a dent on the bumper.

Didnt knw there is cheaper. As mentioned by bro here, cheap comes with a cost. Wavy line, bubble and holes. Send in at 10am and got it back by 4pm in the same day.

Fast job comes with a price. Haiz. Gng back next week gor respray again

Edited by Sglanevo
  • Praise 1

bought a second hand car from direct buyer who sold me cheap.

interior and engine super condition.

only thing is the 2 dents on the bonnet.

ask around and finally decided on the workshop below.

Zhongcheng at Yew Tee Industrial

Contact is Winson.

straightforward guy, friendly. was quoted $320.

send in 10am, ready at 4pm.

no bubbles no unevenness... for me im satisfied.

just to share.

post-4941-0-47471300-1464771850_thumb.jpg

post-4941-0-32815800-1464771860_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2