Tyres shop in Bedok or Ubi?

nazerath

can anyone please recommend me at tire shop? Going to have it changed. Going for Michelin or Bridgestone. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

can anyone please recommend me at tire shop? Going to have it changed. Going for Michelin or Bridgestone. Thanks.

What size are you looking for?

Will be pleased to present you with a quote

There are a few around that area, you can try the following:

- South East Tyres

- Leong Seng Tyres

Michelin tyres are normally more expensive than Bridgestone ones depending on the range.

• Praise 1

uni?

south east tyres

Agree bro.. south east tyres for bridestone for me.. uncle ming nice guy as well as his workers... workmanship and equipment is [thumbsup]

• Praise 3

Agree bro.. south east tyres for bridestone for me.. uncle ming nice guy as well as his workers... workmanship and equipment is [thumbsup]eqiu[

equipment ? I thought machine for tyre changing is quite a standard one

how nice they can buy a Robot to do the job,100% perfect

workmanship I believe is subjective.

(edited)

equipment ? I thought machine for tyre changing is quite a standard one

how nice they can buy a Robot to do the job,100% perfect

workmanship I believe is subjective.

Yup. everytime i kena deep nail puncture, i will only do the mushroom plug internal tyre repair done by South east tyre.. uncle ming and his supervisor explains to me in detail the repair process and I can see for myself the meticulous repair job they do (same process as the youtube video).. so I'm confident of their workmanship.. as for equipment, they look well kept and the workplace is tidy and organised.. so they look more professional than some of the tyre shops i been to.. to some, the cost of repair seems a bit higher, but i believe in 1 cent worth 1 cent quality = safety... the tyres they sell are non- too expensive too..

Edited by Lurpsexx
  • Praise 1

Yup. everytime i kena deep nail puncture, i will only do the mushroom plug internal tyre repair done by South east tyre.. uncle ming and his supervisor explains to me in detail the repair process and I can see for myself the meticulous repair job they do (same process as the youtube video).. so I'm confident of their workmanship.. as for equipment, they look well kept and the workplace is tidy and organised.. so they look more professional than some of the tyre shops i been to.. to some, the cost of repair seems a bit higher, but i believe in 1 cent worth 1 cent quality = safety... the tyres they sell are non- too expensive too..

thanks for sharing your positive encountered .

I do believe 1 cent worth 1 cent quality = safety (particularly car tyre and brake )

seems like the repair job to you is very important.

most common way of repair I had heard/seen is insert or push some sticky stuff into the punctured hole. which most workshop./tyreshop said is Good enough (even car AD did the same thing to their premium car tyre [smash] )

thanks for sharing your positive encountered .

I do believe 1 cent worth 1 cent quality = safety (particularly car tyre and brake )

seems like the repair job to you is very important.

most common way of repair I had heard/seen is insert or push some sticky stuff into the punctured hole. which most workshop./tyreshop said is Good enough (even car AD did the same thing to their premium car tyre [smash] )

Thanks bro.. sharing good info is good for all, particularly on safety issues...

Tyre and brake repair jobs cannot be taken lightly bec they are the contact points to the road and if they go wrong, all lives will be lost... so cannot play play..

As for the worm repair process, I dun trust it bec I had it done before and the uncle just use a long needle to poke in the worm and in the process may cause another puncture hole (next to the original one) bec he has to forcibly push in the worm deep to close the original puncture.. then he will inflate the tyre.. This worm repair can last only some time bec overtime as the tyre is rolling and heating, the puncture holes will expand and air will escape from the worm too.. Thats why I only do the mushroom plug repair at South east, where they take out the whole tyre from the rim and I can see the other puncture hole from the inside, that was caused by the worm repair... this mush room plug repairs from the inside and seals the original puncture hole from the inside out to the tyre surface, so to me will be much more reliable repair and safer too.. of course, this method is more complicated than the worm repair, and so will take more time and $$, but as safety goes, its worth it to save precious lives...

Thanks bro.. sharing good info is good for all, particularly on safety issues...

Tyre and brake repair jobs cannot be taken lightly bec they are the contact points to the road and if they go wrong, all lives will be lost... so cannot play play..

As for the worm repair process, I dun trust it bec I had it done before and the uncle just use a long needle to poke in the worm and in the process may cause another puncture hole (next to the original one) bec he has to forcibly push in the worm deep to close the original puncture.. then he will inflate the tyre.. This worm repair can last only some time bec overtime as the tyre is rolling and heating, the puncture holes will expand and air will escape from the worm too.. Thats why I only do the mushroom plug repair at South east, where they take out the whole tyre from the rim and I can see the other puncture hole from the inside, that was caused by the worm repair... this mush room plug repairs from the inside and seals the original puncture hole from the inside out to the tyre surface, so to me will be much more reliable repair and safer too.. of course, this method is more complicated than the worm repair, and so will take more time and $$, but as safety goes, its worth it to save precious lives...

thanks again for your personal view

from what you described basically the concerned is the hole properly/permanently sealed.

I remembered read or heard this inner method of tyre repair the key rational behind is the repaired tyre still sound(SAFE) to put back on service.

correct me if I am wrong , without removing tyre from the rim they are unable to carryout internal inspection of the punctured tyre for any hidden damaged.

I can imaging simply insert the sticky worm and seal the hole which we do not know any internal injury which may lead to sudden tyre failure when on the running.

Just cant understand why Workshop do not think of all this Safety issue for the Customer.

may be next time request for the inside repair and tell them you does not mind paying him extra.

thanks again for your personal view

from what you described basically the concerned is the hole properly/permanently sealed.

I remembered read or heard this inner method of tyre repair the key rational behind is the repaired tyre still sound(SAFE) to put back on service.

correct me if I am wrong , without removing tyre from the rim they are unable to carryout internal inspection of the punctured tyre for any hidden damaged.

I can imaging simply insert the sticky worm and seal the hole which we do not know any internal injury which may lead to sudden tyre failure when on the running.

Just cant understand why Workshop do not think of all this Safety issue for the Customer.

may be next time request for the inside repair and tell them you does not mind paying him extra.

No problem bro.. good to help when i can..

Yes you're right that without removing the tyre from the rim, you cannot see the extent of the puncture and any inner damages.. so this is the safest but more taxing process.. I think most tyre shops will do the worm method bec its the fastest, cheapest and so to the customer the betterest way to repair a puncture.. but the risks are higher of a tyre failure in my opinion.. South east the uncle also told me if my puncture was 1-2 cm closer to the sides, he will not repair for me as it is at the sidewall area and not safe to patch.. only way is to change the pair of tyres for safety.. ya, so to me safety is paramount above $$.. money used a bit more is less costly than a life lost...

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When I was at another tyre shop fixing new tires, a merc driver come and have a worm repair done on his front tyre, I was surprised n asked the boss how much for a plug and internal patch, former is 10 n latter is 15. Don't stinge on tires is my view. Should patch from inside.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

I used to think like you too.

Now I just repair the puncture myself. It depends on where you worked actually. I worked in a factory area where there are always screws and nails on the floor. I can get at least a puncture every month.

Used to drive to SE tyres to repair until gave up.

I used to think like you too.

Now I just repair the puncture myself. It depends on where you worked actually. I worked in a factory area where there are always screws and nails on the floor. I can get at least a puncture every month.

Used to drive to SE tyres to repair until gave up.

Its bad your working environ got so much tyre hazards.. but everytime the tyre get compromised, safety is reduced.. so while I understand your frustration in getting the tyres punctured so often, I would do otherwise than to repair it expeditiously to get it over with.. a tyre blowout at 80KMH is no joke... but as you've mentioned bro, different environment has its own sets of hazards and its up to ourselves to decide how to deal with it... take care and drive safe.. cheers..

When I was at another tyre shop fixing new tires, a merc driver come and have a worm repair done on his front tyre, I was surprised n asked the boss how much for a plug and internal patch, former is 10 n latter is 15. Don't stinge on tires is my view. Should patch from inside.

so the masili customer do the internal or insert way?

↡ Advertisement