Parking against traffic flow...beware

Hi all bros,

Here something to ponder...

Went to Serangoon area for breakfast and manage to get a parking space along a two way street.

I park my car against the traffic flow and place a valid parking coupon accordingly and happily went to nearby hawker center for Indian dosai..

When back half an hour later and found a parking slip on the car front windscreen.Looking at my watch,still have about 20mins remaining.

So pick up the slip and the offence was "parking against traffic flow" and kena fine $50....first time aware of such offence :wacko::wacko: so next time park your car follow traffic flow :a-m1524::a-m1524:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Think you can find such parking style here commonly, but not often to hear car owners kena parking fine on this?!

same... Of course, they will issue one with the highest penalty. Cannot issue both.

whats the fine like if you dont put ticket and park against the flow of traffic?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

whats the fine like if you dont put ticket and park against the flow of traffic?

Another $30...gone.. :omg:

• Praise 1

Usually if the street is small with no centre marking and little traffic, you will be fine... Not fined.

Perhaps the street where you kena is a busy street?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I thought this was mentioned before in the forum? If I am not wrong, even if you park at free parking area, or some private estate road but against the traffic flow also wrong.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Tough luck. This rule is not commonly enforced.

No excuse though, you should know this rule.

Imagine when you get out of your lot, it is quite dangerous to other cars and yourself too.

• Praise 2

Hi all bros,

Here something to ponder...

Went to Serangoon area for breakfast and manage to get a parking space along a two way street.

I park my car against the traffic flow and place a valid parking coupon accordingly and happily went to nearby hawker center for Indian dosai..

When back half an hour later and found a parking slip on the car front windscreen.Looking at my watch,still have about 20mins remaining.

So pick up the slip and the offence was "parking against traffic flow" and kena fine $50....first time aware of such offence :wacko::wacko: so next time park your car follow traffic flow :a-m1524::a-m1524:

Write to URA or HDB to appeal. Reason you are parking at the same traffic flow but due to some turning, you car ended up parking against the traffic flow. They will waive for first time offender.

• Praise 1

Parking against the flow of traffic is as good as driving against the flow of traffic. So be careful next time. Make the effort to do a 3-point turn and park.

• Praise 3

this one long ago had been implemented already....

try to get a appeal....

I was just hit one for parking at the side with broken centre white line.

but before I appeal they auto waived it off saying due to good record blah blah blah.....

no harm trying to appeal against it.

Think you can find such parking style here commonly, but not often to hear car owners kena parking fine on this?!

a friend got fined @ Jln Besar parked against traffic flow..despite displaying a valid parking coupon..and usually in such cases the driver snatched a available parking lot from another vehicle waiting to park by rushing in

• Praise 3

a friend got fined @ Jln Besar parked against traffic flow..despite displaying a valid parking coupon..and usually in such cases the driver snatched a available parking lot from another vehicle waiting to park by rushing in

yes, I was tempted to do that last weekend when I had cravings for Swee Choon [:p]

• Praise 3