Buying a imported used vehicle, any advise

Lsflsf

(edited)

Hi i saw some vehicle in carmart that is significantly cheaper than same model / year vehicle. Stated as imported used, i understand that it is previously used in another county BEFORE the reg date in Singapore, other than that is there any other non benefit i should watch out for in such vehicle?

I understand spare part difference may be possible also but the imported i am looking at is japan made thus its likely to be the same compared to a conti as conti have a lot of different variants.

I calculated that i should benefit more from the lower buying price thus lower downpayment, lower monthly installment, less paid for interest also.

Vehicle is stated with a additional info of : Additional Imported Used Vehicle. Eligible for PARF rebate.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you.

Edited by Lsflsf
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Very troublesome,you need to send the car for tests...if fail..then you have to re-export it..

I doubt so. If the car is sold by a dealer, they have to ensure the car pass all the test before it will be allowed to bring into Singapore and get registered.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2696031-imported-used-vehicle/

Hope the above thread helps.

Edited by Sunset73

Hi i saw some vehicle in carmart that is significantly cheaper than same model / year vehicle. Stated as imported used, i understand that it is previously used in another county BEFORE the reg date in Singapore, other than that is there any other non benefit i should watch out for in such vehicle?

I understand spare part difference may be possible also but the imported i am looking at is japan made thus its likely to be the same compared to a conti as conti have a lot of different variants.

I calculated that i should benefit more from the lower buying price thus lower downpayment, lower monthly installment, less paid for interest also.

Vehicle is stated with a additional info of : Additional Imported Used Vehicle. Eligible for PARF rebate.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you.

IIRC, the car has a 10 year COE when it arrives, but the PARF will be 10 years from original registration date. So when you scrap at COE 10th year, you don't get back PARF, it becomes a COE car. It makes sense maybe if you don't drive to the full 10 years (of COE) or you really want that car (then money doesn't matter).

Turbocharged

IIRC, the car has a 10 year COE when it arrives, but the PARF will be 10 years from original registration date. So when you scrap at COE 10th year, you don't get back PARF, it becomes a COE car. It makes sense maybe if you don't drive to the full 10 years (of COE) or you really want that car (then money doesn't matter).

What he said. PARF is counted from original registration date, COE counted from imported date.

Example this car: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=474925&DL=1231

PARF will be gone by 9 June 2018, but car can be used until 29 April 2019. If used until scrap, effective cost is 91,800 / 4yr 3mth = $21,600/yr. If used until 9 June 2018, get 19k back as PARF and unused COE of 10 mths = $650. Effective cost = 72,150 / 3 yrs = $24,050/yr.

What he said. PARF is counted from original registration date, COE counted from imported date.

Example this car: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=474925&DL=1231

PARF will be gone by 9 June 2018, but car can be used until 29 April 2019. If used until scrap, effective cost is 91,800 / 4yr 3mth = $21,600/yr. If used until 9 June 2018, get 19k back as PARF and unused COE of 10 mths = $650. Effective cost = 72,150 / 3 yrs = $24,050/yr.

Can an imported used car renew COE?

If can, has to be before the original registration date or the registration date?

Turbocharged

Can an imported used car renew COE?

If can, has to be before the original registration date or the registration date?

I believe should be based on the COE's registration date. PARF rebate relies on original registration date, however.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1