Cars without COE

Anybody came across a car without COE meaning the driver has been driving the car since before COE is implemented?

These cars can be on the roads forever without COE?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Anybody came across a car without COE meaning the driver has been driving the car since before COE is implemented?

I learn something new everyday.

• Praise 3

I don't think so. I think I remembered reading somewhere that when COE was implemented even existing cars have to bid for one to continue driving.

• Praise 2

well ...... as long as you dont drive or move it. :XD:

too much Vodka :a-SOS:

• Praise 4

Supercharged

when COE was implemented, car which was more than 10 years then were given 2 years to consider whether to continue driving their car by paying the price of the PQP at the time of renewal or scrap the car if they think the car condition is not worth the renewal.

• Praise 3

Cars driven by handicaps......will require doctor's letter and approval from NCSS......These cars are normal cars, but will have some modifications to cater for the handicap driver. 

actually, government regularly rents limousines for its VIPs, since it's not economical to keep a large fleet of luxury cars.

this S-class is most probably rented - the 1MID plate looks like it's tied on its regular plate with rubber bands. the government's own cars are white, and i don't think they keep many of those.

1+MID+blog.JPG

• Praise 1

Those cars with special number plates lor like High commission, embassy cars

S 1234 CD

No need COE and insurance.

Not sure about road tax though

I understand one embassy bought A8 with special discount given by their domestic dealer then ship to SG.

The price can barely buy an Altis here.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1