Worth extending coe for turbo cars

Tukibird

Hi just want to know from old birds and ppl who change cars often .

My car coe ending soon so .... checking 😊

Is it worth buying and then extending coe of use turbo cars like EVO ,WRX,Forester & airtrek ?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

You should be asking which car insurance is willing to insure such cars and ask for quote.

Insurers willing to insure. Is TS willing to pay?

You should be asking which car insurance is willing to insure such cars and ask for quote.

> 10 yrs, very like only got TP liability cover only. Why not?

Turbocharged

Yes I think good to renew bah..my personal opinion..

since got to probably pay an arm and a leg to own cars of similar performance these days..so if the costs works out fine and if one owner type..why not

(edited)

See how much you like that particular car lor. Some of those like MR2 Turbo, Evo 9 type, very unique.

But then again, many dealers/owners asking crazy prices. Like some S15, new cost 120k, after 15 years want 60k.

Evo X and all the Subaru EJ20/25 turbos should be ok. Many on market so can choose good one. Also not that rare or expensive to maintain, many pro workshops specialize in them. Lots of tuning parts.

Drive safely hor.

Edited by Ake109

Twincharged

Hi just want to know from old birds and ppl who change cars often .

My car coe ending soon so .... checking

Is it worth buying and then extending coe of use turbo cars like EVO ,WRX,Forester & airtrek ?

Thanks

You mean buy 9+ years car,& pay PQP.?Can you find good condition unmodified cars.? :wacko:

Evo 6 Tommi Mäkinen Edition, R34, S15 and STI S204 worth it

Other models for eg. Wrx, Golf Gti, Evo etc are more common, not worth it imho

Better buy one that is 7-8 years old instead of left a few months before renewing.
At least you will know if the car is OK without problems and if you really like the car before renewing.

If either answer is no, then you have the option to scrap it.

• Praise 1

Evo 6 Tommi Mäkinen Edition, R34, S15 and STI S204 worth it

Other models for eg. Wrx, Golf Gti, Evo etc are more common, not worth it imho

I think is worth it, because of the high COE prices. Come 10-20 years later, most of these cars are taken off the road due to the COE. If you keep your current wrx, gti, evo, they will become rare.

A brand new WRX STi cost about $180k before CEVS change. After change, CEVs increase by $20k!

This kind of performance is prohibitively expensive in new cars. So if you can get a good conditioned well taken care of sample, I think it's worth to forgo the PARF and extend. For now still plenty of parts around.

↡ Advertisement