2015 Jul, 1st COE Bidding Exercise

yo2020

Will we see a repeat of this?

f29etd.png

Or dealers have a better grasp of their sales order this round.

Wait to see!

(edited)

I will make a guess only have taking a look at the adverts this weekend and situation in the showrooms.

So far, all indicators points to a down, unless car dealers make a big push this weekend.

As explain elsewhere, if you buy, do a guarantee bid order, Don't do a wishy-washy 3 bids or 6 bids non-guarantee,

That only guarantee that you won't get your new car unless you are very lucky. Wishy-washy orders allows backorder to build up and that drives the COEs up again. And bye bye to your new car.

Edited by Limwsv

Guess down.

Papers have been doing their part in the last couple of days to remind of the large supply next year.

(edited)

Guess down.

Papers have been doing their part in the last couple of days to remind of the large supply next year.

Err. Chris Tan doing his round to remind us of Operational Gold Storage in today's paper. Trying to panic everyone to buy.

Edited by Limwsv

(edited)

Long term view is down. However, this round will signal if the rate of decline is increasing. Very likely COE prices will be slightly UP and it will confirmed that the COE price decline rate remains slow and painful for all those who are waiting. Cold turkey (w/o a car) is required for those seeking a great deal.

Edited by Lincoln

Turbocharged

Agree that if you are willing to go a short period with no car you'll get a much better price.

Will be interesting to see if the three week phenomenom is enough to counter balance the dropping price and CEVS

Is also predicted that dealers will absorb part of the CEVS increase - which will offset part of the drop.

That said - I think price will drop this round...

Turbocharged

this coming 1 round is very crucial.. if even after 3 weeks and result drop more than 10%, it will spiral down very quick ahead since more are convinced that with more paper coming, coe will go down more....

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I have to say it will be up for Cat A.but will not cross the 65k mark

Expected from you, you have been predicting it to goes up since 90k era... .Hehe...

• Praise 4

I predict down, last bid exercise shows some weakness in the bidding and the CEVS episode is behind us, who buy now when you know COE are likely to soften? But what do I know. [laugh]

• Praise 1

The coming days are gloomy in both China & Europe. SG is not as good compare previous month economy outcome especially Oil & Gas sectors. My guess definitely down for all category. Contrary to this, More COEs on the way. So,many will hold their purchase. Good luck to those who purchase their ride

I predict down, last bid exercise shows some weakness in the bidding and the CEVS episode is behind us, who buy now when you know COE are likely to soften? But what do I know. [laugh]

I do not know what you do not know. I do know your reasoning is logical.

Hypersonic

Down is good

The next 3 months' bidding will determine how much I m going to pay for coe renewal

😀

↡ Advertisement