Change when Kaputz ..can't eastimage by mileage imho

• Praise 5

Too many times "happening" in dark places in ride

Change when Kaputz ..imho

Lol duracell rabbit?

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 4

Turbocharged

Any idea how much mileage can they lasts? I heard Engine Mountings can last about 120 K. wonder if its true

About there. By 120K, shock absorbers, wheel bearings, tyre, engine mounting will eventually need to be replaced. It's all wear and tear, just like shoes and slippers.

• Praise 1

Any idea how much mileage can they lasts? I heard Engine Mountings can last about 120 K. wonder if its true

IIRC.

my Chevrolet Optra front shocks lasted > 150k km and rear shocks > 250k km.

The front shocks can actually last longer, I changed out for troubleshooting steering issue.

Can't recall on the engine mountings.

I attribute their longevity to the matching of tyres and rims.

I was on stock sports rims and the tyres I change matches closest to the stock tyres.

• Praise 1

usually last 5 years depend your usage. If your ride is a off peak car, sure your usage of the car is low, hence less wear and tear on the spare parts. My bro's car 200k mileage and has changed several things like mountings, brake caliper pump, shock absorbers and cooling fan etc... can't really remember also....

Edited by Splynx

Life span of shock absorbers depends on the running of vehilce.If your vehicle is frequently in use and has done 50,000 kms or above it requires changing, otherwise it makes stand your vehicle at any time on the road.

How do we know when is the absorbers, suspension is due for a change? Engine mounting easier to detect as the steering wheel will vibrate excessively. Absorbers?? Any indications?

How do we know when is the absorbers, suspension is due for a change? Engine mounting easier to detect as the steering wheel will vibrate excessively. Absorbers?? Any indications?

When the shock absorbers are gone,the car will drive like a 'boat',means,hit a bump,the car becomes unsettle,like riding on :a-confused: waves...

• Praise 1

Its depends mainly on driver, My Vios engine mounting changed around 200K... my absorber? coming to 300K and yet to change...

• Praise 2

Generally if you are continuously driving your vehicle in hilly areas or rough roads because of the nature of your work and while driving your vehicle you feel that it is not running smooth and giving jerks and jumps it might be because of shock absorber and in such cases lifespan of shock absorbers are nearly 8 months to 1 year. Get it checked by mechanic and if needs replacement, replace it for its smooth running. [thumbsup]

The shock absorbers on my Honda stream lasted close to 180K km. First tell tale sign , my exhaust rubbed against the rear curb of parking lot whenever I was carrying full load (6 to 7 person in the car). After some time, when I crossed a bump at speed around 20kmh, I heard metal sound indicating that the base is rubbing against the bump, The verdict come when I did my 12 points check and the mechanic pointed to me a crack shock cover and leaky shocks.

In Singapore, we will typically change out the shock. Interestingly there is a business out there in Malaysia, reworking on worn out shocks. Obviously the weakest link on a shock is the rubber seal which started aging after 5 -7 years, resulting to oil leaking out from the shock and subsequently shock failed.

I spent RM 400 (If I recalled right,which equivalent to S$150 then) to repair my shocks. They are not perform as good as it used to be. I think the number of compression the spring undergone could be the key contributor.

This very much depends on the running of your vehicle. If your vehicle is continuously running it will be better to replace it after doing 75000 kms only if it appears to you that its running condition is going somewhat bad. If your vehicle gets old and it has not run much, then in such case also, shock absorbers condition become worse between 6 to 10 years, because of rust or oil leakage.

It all depends on the abuse that is subjected to the absorbers. Naturally it should last you more than 10K in Sg context 20K as roads are smooth as silk. Do make sure that your bump stop and dust cover is in proper working condition else you may face valve failures and leakages very soon. It is not advisable to reman your absorbers as the sealing force and concentricity of the product may be compromised. These may result in squeaking or knocking noise even though you have a perfectly normal looking absorbers.

It depends on the running of your vehicle and how perfect driver is driving the vehicle. Your vehicle will itself provides you with the indication, when it is to be changed

Supercharged

About there. By 120K, shock absorbers, wheel bearings, tyre, engine mounting will eventually need to be replaced. It's all wear and tear, just like shoes and slippers. 

sorry, wanna ask about absorbers etc..

as I renew my car for another 10years.

150k  mileage..

it served me well and I thought I should reward it.

my lower arms and bush are fine. Had a check and replaced

engine mounting - changed.

bearing just changed..

as for shock absorber - front, used for 10 years.

rear, for 5 years.

absorber mount, need to change?

does spring has a lifespan?

funny is my absorber no leak.. still ok, just the rear tyre will hit when I ferry 2 adult at rear..

using wider tyre.

don't ask me to bring to workshop.. been to a few and they don't even look..

just tell me to change everything as an answer

Edited by Kurty

Questions are:

Is there any noise when moving or going over undulations?

Does the car feel "floaty" when traveling at higher speed?

Does your steering feel "loose"?

If the answers are all "No", save your money and do nothing.

↡ Advertisement