Which tyre shop do you go to in JB?

Davekiat

Singapore to Ringgit is at an all time high and it makes perfect sense to go to JB to change my tyres.

Anyone has any recommendation for tyres shops for me to get tyres with the profile of 195/50 R15. Budget is RM900 for 4 tyres.

↡ Advertisement

Sorry for not able to provide direct answers but some tips.

If I bother to change tyres in MY, I'd go far away from SG. Secondly, if they are imported tyres, depreciating MYR does not help.

Singapore to Ringgit is at an all time high and it makes perfect sense to go to JB to change my tyres.

Anyone has any recommendation for tyres shops for me to get tyres with the profile of 195/50 R15. Budget is RM900 for 4 tyres.

• Praise 2

i personally do not buy tyres in JB/Msia as 17"/18" are much more expensive there.

for 15", usually quite cheap. U can try Hawk Tayar. They have a few branches in Sentosa area and other areas too. Their pricing is fixed (got price list) so less chance to kena carrot.

They are goodyear dealers. Not sure what other brands they carry.

Your budget of RM900 translates to SGD310 (exchange rate 2.91) for 4 tyres, or about $80 per tyre.

You can get Kumho KU31 for only $70 each, which is very good value for an Ultra High Performance tyre.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=84621

If you prefer to buy from Malaysia, your choices are limited to the local Malaysian made brands like Maxxis, Silverstone etc. and your budget will get you at best the lower end / basic range of comfort tyres.

This thread might help you:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2637404-made-in-malaysia-tyres/page-1

Ultimately, if you really want to save and spend minimal on tyres, can try Westlake China made tyres. This is one of the more established China brands. Westlake SP06 for comfort or Westlake SV308 Ultra High Performance tyres.

If your thoughts is "A tyre is a tyre, why spend so much", then there's brands like Rockstone, Golden Coin, Reding, Triangle to go for. Afterall, if cars in China are using them without any issues, it should be fine to use them here. Just drive with caution.

• Praise 1

Bro, I don't agree with you.

First of all I have to say tyres from Korea, Japan, China and Europe are definitely cheaper in Singapore as Singapore only requires to pay GST which is 7% only.

For our neighbour Malaysia, as long is ASEAN made tyres, it is mostly cheaper as compared to Singapore. Subject to which workshop you patronise.

I personally visit one JB shop that sells Bridgestone 195/55R15 EP200 for only RM180 which includes installation, balancing and GST. That only costs RM720. Set aside the RM50 for custom fees, you still have RM120 saving which can give you a good full tank of petrol at the end of the day.

Besides, you can find any ASEAN tyres range from Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines easily without compromising the quality/ brand of tyres.

Your budget of RM900 translates to SGD310 (exchange rate 2.91) for 4 tyres, or about $80 per tyre.

You can get Kumho KU31 for only $70 each, which is very good value for an Ultra High Performance tyre.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=84621

If you prefer to buy from Malaysia, your choices are limited to the local Malaysian made brands like Maxxis, Silverstone etc. and your budget will get you at best the lower end / basic range of comfort tyres.

This thread might help you:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2637404-made-in-malaysia-tyres/page-1

Ultimately, if you really want to save and spend minimal on tyres, can try Westlake China made tyres. This is one of the more established China brands. Westlake SP06 for comfort or Westlake SV308 Ultra High Performance tyres.

If your thoughts is "A tyre is a tyre, why spend so much", then there's brands like Rockstone, Golden Coin, Reding, Triangle to go for. Afterall, if cars in China are using them without any issues, it should be fine to use them here. Just drive with caution.

I like share my view here

1 share the views here does not expect others to agreed with his view simple just share.

Each of everyone has their own view and perspective on buying anything (now we are talking about SIN vs Malaysia)

As commonly known business cost is such a huge diff btw the 2 places

Products cost also diff from Manufacture plus import duty / GST

product source could be 1 factor too

Some may factor in (at least me) the trouble going in (journey / jam /security etc) is cost to me too

ALso after sales should you have any issue are you going to drive back there for them to rectify or correct it

Last but not least, it boils down to individual expectation

Your saving could be my cost

My cost could be your saving

Just my Persoanl POV

Happy sharing and shopping

• Praise 2

if u are looking at "branded" tyres like continential , then i find SG cheaper

Edited by Robin

I bought 4 Michelin XM2 tyres from Hawk Tayar recently (Thai made).

Price was a good 25% cheaper than SG.

IIRC SG was 180 SGD and it was around 135 SGD in Malaysia.