Infiniti just take old Mercedes A Class and Renew It!

Silverkris

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/01/infiniti-q30-interior-frankfurt/

Infiniti is supposed to debut the all-new Q30 hatchback at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show, but as the show is still a couple of weeks away and the company has elected to release yet another image, we aren't sure there'll be all that much to see come Sept. 15. With that in mind, then, we give you the first images of the entry-level hatch's cabin, and they're, um, wow.

We knew the Q30 had a lot in common with the Mercedes-Benz A-Class but as these images show, this is far more than a common platform. The steering wheel, instrument cluster, switchgear, and shifter are direct from the Mercedes parts bin. From the looks of the images, the Q30 will even have a Mercedes-style key.

This might not garner much attention in the budget ranks – take the Scion iA and Mazda2, for example – but this degree of parts sharing in the premium market is sure to raise some eyebrows. It's also a rather bewildering move for Infiniti. The company is, in effect, selling a Mercedes-Benz to any new customers it attracts. That'll certainly make a Q50 a hard sell when it comes time for an upgrade.

Now, in Infiniti's defense, there are some differences in the layout here. The triple nozzle-style HVAC vents have been replaced with a more conventional pair of outlets, and the instrument cluster hood extends over the built-in navigation screen. That design decision, in particular, will certainly appeal to critics of the tacked-on-tablet look offered by Mercedes. The analog buttons for the multimedia system have also been tweaked, with the result looking far cleaner than the mess of buttons offered on Mercedes' products (we wouldn't be shocked to see this layout arrive on a facelifted A-, CLA-, or GLA-Class in the near future, though). Beyond those changes, though, there are multiple Mercedes design hallmarks here, including the location of the controls for the seat adjustments.

So the A class is undergoing for a facelift soon taking on new steering wheels and switches, and Mercedes throw all the old parts to Infiniti?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Can't beat them, join them lah.

Outsource the engineering and focus on the design. But seems to work tho - the Q30 looks [inlove] .

What I prayed for came through.

I always wanted a Mercedes at Nissan money.

What I did not know was a Nissan

here is more expensive

that a Mercedes in Germany.

You just cannot win can you.

:D

• Praise 8

What I prayed for came through.

I always wanted a Mercedes at Nissan money.

What I did not know was a Nissan

here is more expensive

that a Mercedes in Germany.

You just cannot win can you.

:D

Like they say, be careful what u wish for.

Now u get a Datsun for Mercedes money instead.

• Praise 1

muahahaha ... there is no better way to say it

Mercedes price for a Datsun ... lol

Like they say, be careful what u wish for.

Now u get a Datsun for Mercedes money instead.

↡ Advertisement