Reverse Camera but no grid lines

Mtortise

Hi

I am currently driving a 2008 Nissan Murano 2.5L. The car comes with reverse camera and a touch screen. However, whenever I activate the camera by reversing the car, the grid lines (or guidelines) doesn't appear.

Does anyone know how to "activate" it? or infact it doesn't come with the grid lines to begin with?

Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

Hi

I am currently driving a 2008 Nissan Murano 2.5L. The car comes with reverse camera and a touch screen. However, whenever I activate the camera by reversing the car, the grid lines (or guidelines) doesn't appear.

Does anyone know how to "activate" it? or infact it doesn't come with the grid lines to begin with?

Thank you.

Some rev cam have no grid lines... best you ask Tan Chong as this rev cam may be 3rd party installed in SG... without grid lines you can still estimate ma, so not a show stopper...just place some object behind your car and engage rev cam n then u can see the relative distance of the object vis a vis your rear bumper in your touch screen.

Some rev cam have no grid lines... best you ask Tan Chong as this rev cam may be 3rd party installed in SG... without grid lines you can still estimate ma, so not a show stopper...just place some object behind your car and engage rev cam n then u can see the relative distance of the object vis a vis your rear bumper in your touch screen.

Thanks.

I am not sure about your suggestion of placing some object behind the car.. How do you do that?

Thanks.

I am not sure about your suggestion of placing some object behind the car.. How do you do that?

1) Park your car.

2) put a can behind it (lets say 3 m back)

3) start your car, step on your brakes, engage reverse, look into your touch screen, see the can on your screen.. the position of the can on your screen is 3m behind your car... 

4) no need gridlines you can estimate the area behind your car...

• Praise 2

1) Park your car.

2) put a can behind it (lets say 3 m back)

3) start your car, step on your brakes, engage reverse, look into your touch screen, see the can on your screen.. the position of the can on your screen is 3m behind your car... 

4) no need gridlines you can estimate the area behind your car...

5) do same for left n right side.

6) take marker pen and draw left/right boundary lines on screen [:p]

• Praise 4

TS where got use grid lines wan?

Use the Force, you must, to park your car Master Yoda.

i mean really....last time where got these wan... we use our skills of distance perception and judgement.  Sometimes these tools, lead to complacency.

that said, still find it insulting that porsches and the like have rev sensor and all.....insult to the core....

• Praise 1

Did you stole your license from the driving center ? Because I do remember when we took our driving test so many years ago, we blind fold ourselves..

OK joking..

Don't need those lines.. don't be too dependent on those lines.. just make sure you don't hit a lamppost can already.

I can't remember losing count of cars with a straight-lined dent at the bumper's rears because drivers concentrated too much on those cameras , trusting them so much on the beep beep sound , that they didn't see a pole sticking out near the kerb while they reversed.

Edited by TerenceChan_67523
  • Praise 1

6) take marker pen and draw left/right boundary lines on screen [:p]

Haha.. I wanted to write this but dun wan la.. later TS malu...  [:p]

Actually hv reverse camera is good, at least you can look out for blur pedestrians trying to cross behind while you are reversing.. happened more than once liao...

• Praise 1

Haha.. I wanted to write this but dun wan la.. later TS malu...  [:p]

Actually hv reverse camera is good, at least you can look out for blur pedestrians trying to cross behind while you are reversing.. happened more than once liao...

rear cam is useful for looking out for small kids who are shorter than the vertical range of the rear view mirror. Esp for big SUVs. Saw a few news articles abt pple reverse into toddlers in their driveway at home  [bigcry]

a long time ago when I was in NZ, I arrived at a B&B late at night and reverse parked in the unlit carpark, which was essentially an grass field. I got out and went to get bags from the boot and realised I had stopped only an inch or so from a large tree truck that had been sawn off at our knee level... didn't see it before I parked.

I find it handy for reversing out of diagonal parking lots (such as those in Msia)... can easily chk for oncoming cars.

not a need to have, but nice to have in some situations. I prefer reverse cam to rear parking sensor.

i mean really....last time where got these wan... we use our skills of distance perception and judgement.  Sometimes these tools, lead to complacency.

that said, still find it insulting that porsches and the like have rev sensor and all.....insult to the core....

Sometimes must see what car. Big hatchback with lots of rear blindspots, having a rear camera is good...grid lines...not a must. Aiya, you are right last time where got all these fancy stuff. All use judgement and practice.

I turned off all the stupid grid lines and turning guides, etc. in my iDrive view. Just confusing the picture.

If you can't park with a clear view of the rear or the surroundings (as the case may be) without needing the additional help of gridlines, turning lines, etc. - well, better not drive.

• Praise 1

Hi guys

Thanks to all your feedback and comments.  [thumbsup]

Actually I am still quite new to my car and due to it's size, I have difficulty parking in straight and "squarely" into the lot, so I thought having the grid lines will help me park swee swee and at the same time give my neighbouring car drivers sufficient space to open their doors.

Guess what? The idea of drawing lines on the screen did cross my mind!  [:p]

Well, the main reason why I am asking is because if my reverse camera DO come with grid lines on the screen, then I should be able to take advantage of it. If not, then i will just live without it loh... 

Actually I am still quite new to my car and due to it's size, I have difficulty parking in straight and "squarely" into the lot, so I thought having the grid lines will help me park swee swee and at the same time give my neighbouring car drivers sufficient space to open their doors.

I use side mirrors for this.

btw my rear cam oso no grid lines. even if have, I wldn't trust it.

I turned off all the stupid grid lines and turning guides, etc. in my iDrive view. Just confusing the picture.

If you can't park with a clear view of the rear or the surroundings (as the case may be) without needing the additional help of gridlines, turning lines, etc. - well, better not drive.

just mind the cones, pls :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

↡ Advertisement