Citroën Ds 5

Tzc

I saw this during motor show... The design really catches my eyes it does look really avant garage... Asking price 160++k.

Anyone here fancy it as well?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I fancy it a lot too and I would buy one if I had that sort of budget and wanted to be frivolous.

But I prefer the old version of the grille that had the Citroën double arrow badge, the new one is just generic.

The facelift has improved entertainment system and better suspension though.

I really think it is a beautiful car with an amazing execution of the shooting brake format for a dose of practicality... plus all the unique DS5 features like the triple zone sunroof... shame the visibility is affected.

It also looks very large to some onlookers due to it being very low to the ground, gives people impression that it is very long despite it being shorter than Toyota Corolla.

The novelty of the gadgets will go away when they start to fail. LoL...

I'm a minimalist when it comes to cars. Less things to distract me from enjoying the driving experience. Too many buttons is a turn off.

Another thing that is out of the norm is the diesel-electric motor "hybrid" system. Not many car makers uses this system. So when a French car maker is bold and uses such a system for the first time you got to be mindful that you may be in for multiple workshop visits and not getting issues resolved. If you are really into it I think it's safer to get the petrol-electric hybrid which I think they will be introducing at a later date.

As for me, my opinion is it's a French so my answer is no if there's a choice and I will skip this one w/o thinking twice.

• Praise 4

Seriously, i think french design is not practical in the cabin aspect.

Though french are excellent in electronic engineering but still, it is the "too much" electronics that fails in most of it car (not generalising)

Spoken to citroen SE who dealt with car service yesterday , he said generally, the engine is durable, just that too much electronic component, it tends to fail.

The novelty of the gadgets will go away when they start to fail. LoL...

I'm a minimalist when it comes to cars. Less things to distract me from enjoying the driving experience. Too many buttons is a turn off.

Another thing that is out of the norm is the diesel-electric motor "hybrid" system. Not many car makers uses this system. So when a French car maker is bold and uses such a system for the first time you got to be mindful that you may be in for multiple workshop visits and not getting issues resolved. If you are really into it I think it's safer to get the petrol-electric hybrid which I think they will be introducing at a later date.

As for me, my opinion is it's a French so my answer is no if there's a choice and I will skip this one w/o thinking twice.

Seriously, i think french design is not practical in the cabin aspect.

Though french are excellent in electronic engineering but still, it is the "too much" electronics that fails in most of it car (not generalising)

Spoken to citroen SE who dealt with car service yesterday , he said generally, the engine is durable, just that too much electronic component, it tends to fail.

It's also that car makers usually source their electronics/electrical components from third party vendors. The car makers usually do not do long term test to see how well the parts perform.

• Praise 2

yes i was worried about all these electronic features...one fails another tends to follow.  

haha it's the design that has the wow factor....but long term wise im not too sure about it. 

Turbocharged

yes i was worried about all these electronic features...one fails another tends to follow.  

haha it's the design that has the wow factor....but long term wise im not too sure about it. 

Every time I see a DS5 (which is very rare), I feel a sort of link to the owner... someone who has outlandish taste and also applaud them for being very brave... [:p]

I wonder why you would fancy a garage car.

Seriously, the Citroen DS series is indeed gorgeous.

I saw this during motor show... The design really catches my eyes it does look really avant garage... Asking price 160++k.
Anyone here fancy it as well?

Hi, could you share your experience of owning a DS5 why the maintenance, wear and tear are high ?

Maintenance, wear and tear quite high as well.

i mean.. any makes.. maintenance wear and tear..all depends on how much mileage you clock also mah.

but yea.. i read and read so many horror stories of Citroen aftersales.

and 1 of my friend is the service advisor there.. lol

If die die muz buy frenchie, make sure u buy pre-loved n let the first sucker take the massive depreciation. Cest la vie.

I had posted the same Q a year back:" Anyone bought a french baguette ? "

Checked SGCarmart, one was gone within a short period of advert though . . . 1st owner lost more.