Selling car via Wheeldeal vs Quotz vs SGcarmart?

Vratenza

Hi all, doing my homework on selling my cars. I prefer not to trade in.

Any feedback on using the following to sell our cars?

1) Wheeldeal - new player, FOC quote

2) Quotz - need to pay  for service, they help you take pictures and arrange for bidding, can view bidding process "live"

3) List on SGCarmart as owner selling - more control, can sell direct cutting out the middleman, more hassle from the transfer work?

Are there any difference in the method of choice in selling depending on the type and model of cars?

eg. bread and butter popular models (altis, sunny, civic)  just sell to highest and hand dealer

eg. rarer less common and niche models (saab, chryser) list and sell to direct buyers who appreciate such cars

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

2) Quotz - need to pay  for service, they help you take pictures and arrange for bidding, can view bidding process "live"

3) List on SGCarmart as owner selling - more control, can sell direct cutting out the middleman, more hassle from the transfer work?

Are there any difference in the method of choice in selling depending on the type and model of cars?

eg. bread and butter popular models (altis, sunny, civic)  just sell to highest and hand dealer

eg. rarer less common and niche models (saab, chryser) list and sell to direct buyers who appreciate such cars

Thanks!

1) Wheel Deal is the up and coming replacement for SPH classified services (I think), 'cos other than a handful of dealers, who does place ads in ST Classifieds for cars these days? Previously, through them, they quoted me approx 5k above market value. I find their services friendly and sincere 'cos its the SPH personnel working with different dealers to help get you the best price. Furthermore, its free, you do not need to go anywhere, dealer comes your place, price agreed, done deal.

2) Quotz also able to give you market value, rather a range with the top end being the market value. However, there is the hassle of prepping your car (you can choose not to), go to their premises take photos, pay over $100 and wait for them to revert.

3) I find this route the hardest, compounded by inability of ordinary folks to take high loan whom need it. With all the overtrade in the market, you will need to 'team up' with the potential buyer in order to get the 'highest' loan possible when applying to the bank. The paper work is the least of your concern, the ability of buyer to pay for your car is your biggest concern.

• Praise 1

Thanks!

thanks for sharing. didn't know there are more options now

bookmark for future use [laugh]

There's also the lag time of selling off your current ride and not having yr new car arriving on time.

Able to delay selling off til your new car is ready for pick up? 

Selling in sgcarmart gets the best price if u ask me cos it's directly to buyer n hence no middleman fees.

However, as some have pointed out, there are pitfalls as well ranging from buyer unable to secure loan to paperwork (these 2 sgcarmart can help FOC) to timing (this one can negotiate with buyer but everything comes with a price).

If u want hassle free I suppose wheel deal n car quotz will be better n fair dealer price offered since its highest quote from few dealers. Trade in to AD n PI normally doesn't give u good prices but sometimes no choice as the overtrade given is subject to a car being traded in. That said, do bargain hard as its willing buyer, willing seller environment n some ADs n PIs do bend if they are keen to sell a particular model or they have margins, good luck!!

• Praise 8

Idea of selling via Quotz auction is good. But end of the day, its the dealers who is bidding. My previous experience back in 2012/2013 wasn't good. Pictures taken and posted for dealers to bid. After 24hrs (if i remember correctly), you know who is the highest bidder and you can choose to take up the deal or walk away. 

I was ok with the price and went to the dealer. However, the guy claimed that my solar film wasn't done properly (it was done by AD btw) and wanted to further deduct certain amount from the final price. Was quite pissed and walked away from the deal. Complain to Quotz and they got the 2nd highest bidder to match the price. However experience was already bad so I decided not to go ahead. Not sure if they remove errant dealers from their list but I seriously doubt so. End of the day, you are still dealing with 2nd hand dealers so it's just your luck if you meet a honest one or not.

• Praise 1

Idea of selling via Quotz auction is good. But end of the day, its the dealers who is bidding. My previous experience back in 2012/2013 wasn't good. Pictures taken and posted for dealers to bid. After 24hrs (if i remember correctly), you know who is the highest bidder and you can choose to take up the deal or walk away. 

I was ok with the price and went to the dealer. However, the guy claimed that my solar film wasn't done properly (it was done by AD btw) and wanted to further deduct certain amount from the final price. Was quite pissed and walked away from the deal. Complain to Quotz and they got the 2nd highest bidder to match the price. However experience was already bad so I decided not to go ahead. Not sure if they remove errant dealers from their list but I seriously doubt so. End of the day, you are still dealing with 2nd hand dealers so it's just your luck if you meet a honest one or not.

This makes Quotz a joke. Even after you see the final price online, dealer still can slash it when you meet up in person. What is the point of having the auction then?  [furious]

• Praise 1

This makes Quotz a joke. Even after you see the final price online, dealer still can slash it when you meet up in person. What is the point of having the auction then? [furious]

Sgcarmart really need to improve on this

Tried the wheel deal. Got a call from SPH saying the highest bid for your car is $75k. Went down to meet the dealer. the dealer talk and talk. I knew the will try to knock the price. finally offered $71k. Took it coz trade in (checked around quite a few ADs) was $12k lower. If you take this service, request for the 2 highest bid. Meet up with the second highest bidder first. Then at least you know what you can bargain with the highest bidder later.

Sgcarmart really need to improve on this

Get a lawyer. Think you got a case

There's also the lag time of selling off your current ride and not having yr new car arriving on time.

Able to delay selling off til your new car is ready for pick up?

Well I did that. Got $12k more than what ADs trade in dealers were offering. And then cat b Coe down $11k. Why not? Take taxi la for a few months while waiting for new car. Edited by BenTong

i trade in my car to AD everytime

i go to sgcarmart ... look at same car model, age, mileage, dealer car (not pi), etc

then minus $8-10k from the selling price as my trade in price

most of the time i got the price i want ... perhaps, AD already makan me gao gao from the new car price

actually ... give and take ... if i don't trade in to AD ... they also give me lesser discount and no overtrade ... so LPPL

Edited by Wt_know

btw, if sell direct seller-to-buyer ... is it at least $3k-5k lower than what posted in sgcarmart?

0 warranty whatsoever right?

Edited by Wt_know

Supersonic

Walau eh, sibei jiak lat.

They classified me as a professional seller. Want to sell direct also difficult...ð

Below are my emails to sgcarmart:

Hi Admin,

I am the direct owner of all the cars that I have posted.

You means that those who owns many cars or those who drove their car for a few months and decided to sell and change their cars are professional seller!

Regards

Sent: 8 April 2018 11:37 a.m.

To: XXXX

Subject: Re: SFUXXXXJ

Hi,

Due to the number of cars posted, you have been classify as a professional seller.

Regards,

sgCarMart Support Team

www.sgCarMart.com

Sent: Sunday, April 8, 2018 11:15 AM

To: Admin

Cc:

Hi Admin,

In what way the advertisement has past the period, in which sgcarmart has cliam it will be listed until itâs sold?

Which is the term and condition did I not adhere to?

In the first place, sgcarmart did not state the term and condition and on the ad!

Sent: âSundayâ, â8â âAprilâ â2018 â11â:â03â âAM

To: XXXX

Hi XXXX,

The advertisement has past the advertising period. You will need to re-advertise the car again.

Regards,

sgCarMart Support Team

www.sgCarMart.com

Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2018 09:57 PM

To: Admin

Hi Admin,

I thought you have reinstated the advertisment?

I am unable to locate the ad!

Regards

bro, time to call for goddess or koba help