Special Coolant for Vezel?

GLXi

May I know is there any specific brand of coolant that is recommended for use on the Vezel ?

Which type of coolant do you use.

A lot of important parts is made of plastic on the Vezel if you have noticed  to make the engine lighter. e.g. Manifold , etc..

These plastic parts are not the cover for the metal parts in  engines of the past.

↡ Advertisement

May I know is there any specific brand of coolant that is recommended for use on the Vezel ?

A lot of important parts is made of plastic on the Vezel if you have noticed  to make the engine lighter. e.g. Manifold , etc..

These plastic parts are not the cover for the metal parts in  engines of the past.

I am surprised you are looking to change coolant when Vezel is a new car. 

On a side note, SG must really be Vezel-siao. Even wikipedia image of Vezel is using a SG car picture instead of JPN!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Vezel

Its just a regular car that burns dino juice in atmosphere and puts out CO2 and H2O on the other end - don't overthink it. 

If you want to be picky, realize that the Vezel is a JDM car and has been tuned to use Japanese petrol which is known to be of a better quality and more importantly higher octane. 

The car is your servant - take care of it but don't be a slave to it. 

• Praise 4

cars these days do have platic parts here n there but these are not your ordinary plastic like Toyogo.  Hence, I don't understand the concern re coolant.   When they design n manufacture the car, surely Honda would have considered it already so the best is to use the stock coolant lor, whatever it is recommended.

You should be looking at Honda Type 2, or if not, something compatible EG based.

Had coffee with mechanic friend over weekend, he said usually people would just add water when below MIN. Yes tap water, not distilled.

He laughed when I looked stun like vegetable and complained about scaling. Said that not many drive the car more than 5-6 years to experience the long term challenges.

There are some who see green coolant, top up green coolant that's it, no drain no flush no burp.

There is no factory specified replacement schedule for Honda factory filled coolant. If the FD Civic coolant has no specified replacement mileage or age, the same will apply to Vezel too 

So the coolant is as good as there forever. And bro your car will die in 10 yrs time, the coolant can easily last 20 yrs so why are u worrying?

But if u for whatever reason decdes to sabo your own car by topping up tap water, then its good luck to you.

Just ask for Type 2 original Honda coolant from Honda stockists

coolant capability will degrade over time, its compound chemicals will change, effectiveness will decrease...flush and replace every 2 years is not asking too much i assume. LOL

Germans cars have been using plastic for a long long time Liao bro. Won't be an issue with your car. I believe jap cars run cooler than a bimmer.

Plastic has many grades.

Some plastic you put at home, one or two years later becomes biscuits.

Common plastic problems with cars are bulb holder plastic cui, engine cover legs cui, iggy coil plastic cui, brake reservoir cap cui...wire harness cui...

But the coolant reservoir is very hardy one. Don't worry.

Edited by Kangadrool

coolant capability will degrade over time, its compound chemicals will change, effectiveness will decrease...flush and replace every 2 years is not asking too much i assume. LOL

Im sorry I beg to differ. If the manufacturer didnt list down coolant as one of the consumables, then it is not.

Original Honda coolant are of extreme high quality and they can last almost forever.

Replacing them with cheap aftermarket ones, esp if the techs anyhow whack and mix coolant concentrate AND TAP WATER into it, well u just sign off the death cert for your Vezel radiator

Nowadays many manufacturers strived hard to make as many parts as maint free as possible.

Replacment free coolant also applies to my current Chevy Malibu as well. So please take adv of the new technology fully and don't bother with coolant change anymore.

Japan gasoline is actually only 91 ron :) but better quality because of lower olefins etc ... Coolant is rather standard.. Dun think different unless you buy from Doggy supplier which dope too much water...

Need to flush n change coolant as per schedule will do.. :)

Just remember you should get anything that says LONG LIFE.

Cheap $9 per quarts are not long life... 

Buy something useful, once. 

Not something cheap, thrice.

Japanese makes all have the typical "Long-Life" coolant. It's easily available be it Honda, Toyota/Lexus or Mitsubishi. I think the contents are the same eg. water, anti-freeze and a thin film of oil. The oil content is what makes it "Long Life" to prevent any corrosion in the cooling system, probably lub the water pump or something. Special? No. Most of it is still water and anti-freeze. Simi car? NA 1.5L needs special coolant?  Where you get your info from?

↡ Advertisement