Driver of SGR2039Z - Accident at SLE Lentor Ave Exit

Boi2uncle

Driver of above car, please contact me if you need help or video footage of your accident with the motorcycle and silver taxi that rammed into you. Happened today at 4.47pm, at the SLE exit to Lentor Avenue / Yishun.

Any bros here know how to extract the rear camera video of dual channel car cameras? It is 1 avi file but I can see the front and rear video using car cam software or VLC player.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 19

Turbocharged

Any bros here know how to extract the rear camera video of dual channel car cameras? It is 1 avi file but I can see the front and rear video using car cam software or VLC player.

Most cams use dual video streams in a single .avi container, so you need either an editor that can read multiple streams within a file, or a demuxing/conversion program.

Unfortunately I don't have a good and free recommendation on hand at the moment.... but your cam software should have an option to export the video somehow.

Edited by 7hm

Turbocharged

Unfortunately the software only allows me to export pictures.

If you want to share de file maybe I can try to split it for you.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Here is the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZHAOj0D_dI

I seem to have made a mistake that I didn't notice until after uploading. The sound continues for a while after the video cuts.

Also there is a video glitch where it shows the wrong frames when video cuts start... this one I can't seem to do anything about. No matter what editor I use. [blush]

• Praise 8

taxi should be mandatory to have their vehicle inspected every 6 months.

I had my previous car boot rammed by a taxi on a clear sunny morning expressway with dry road. I had came to a nice slow stop because of heavy traffic infront, I can see the taxi coming from far behind and still kenna. Lucky I had anticipated the impact and stomped on my brakes, or else would have been a chain collision. After that the Taxi uncle came down to apologize saying he cannot stop in time (despite the long distance from me), I look at his tyres, almost bald.

• Praise 2

taxi should be mandatory to have their vehicle inspected every 6 months.

I had my previous car boot rammed by a taxi on a clear sunny morning expressway with dry road. I had came to a nice slow stop because of heavy traffic infront, I can see the taxi coming from far behind and still kenna. Lucky I had anticipated the impact and stomped on my brakes, or else would have been a chain collision. After that the Taxi uncle came down to apologize saying he cannot stop in time (despite the long distance from me), I look at his tyres, almost bald.

They got do servicing every month or every other month.

Those wear and tear item is at the mercy of their taxi company.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

They always use cheap tires and their tires can be of different brands for all 4 sides.

• Praise 1

If the taxi company is not responsible enough to pick up and change the wear and tear parts during their supposedly month servicing, then LTA should step in to enforce. Stop wasting their resources on window tinting exceeding 5% VLT.....

It is a safety issue to the taxi driver, passengers and all other road users.

If the taxi company is not responsible enough to pick up and change the wear and tear parts during their supposedly month servicing, then LTA should step in to enforce. Stop wasting their resources on window tinting exceeding 5% VLT.....

Yes I agree. But the window tinting exceeding 5% should still continue. It is annoying and dangerous when the car In font tint the windows and you can see through to have a better anticipation of the traffic condition in font. Edited by Joseph22

Coincidentally this topic came up during a convo with a taxi uncle last Saturday. He told me the taxi company workshop refused to change his almost bald tyres when he was there for a regular servicing session, insisting that he only returned as per the agreed upon schedule to change tyres. He only managed to get it changed after creating a ruckus and speaking to the manager. Seems as though the workshops' KPI also includes managing of costs, which includes the costs of new tyres.

Anyone knows bout this too?

• Praise 1

Maybe the taxi driver's brakes weren't working. Most of their brake are probably worn out. Can hear it squeal like crazy when they come to a stop sometimes.

Yeah ... Especially the red ones ...

LTA jiak sai one la... they only know that modification of exhaust system can cause a car to crash.

If cannot see through then keep a longer distance between la. This kind of thing need to teach you meh? [laugh]

Then those boxed lorry or reefer truck without window how? Must install camera in front and LED TV behind to let you see their front view? Need QHD resolution or not? [laugh]

Yes I agree. But the window tinting exceeding 5% should still continue. It is annoying and dangerous when the car In font tint the windows and you can see through to have a better anticipation of the traffic condition in font.

• Praise 2

Yes I agree. But the window tinting exceeding 5% should still continue. It is annoying and dangerous when the car In font tint the windows and you can see through to have a better anticipation of the traffic condition in font.

I don't tint my windows, but I feel window tint is the least of priorities for LTA officers if we look at safety considerations of modifications enforcements.

Your issue with too tinted windows not enabling you to look further ahead should also consider big ass vehicles like large SUVs/MPVs/Buses/Vans and lorries too. Imagine following behind an Audi Q7 or Vellfire and your ride is the normal or lower seated sports car? Even without tinting you will not be able to see ahead due to the bulk of the rear lower sheet metal in your line of sight.

Coincidentally this topic came up during a convo with a taxi uncle last Saturday. He told me the taxi company workshop refused to change his almost bald tyres when he was there for a regular servicing session, insisting that he only returned as per the agreed upon schedule to change tyres. He only managed to get it changed after creating a ruckus and speaking to the manager. Seems as though the workshops' KPI also includes managing of costs, which includes the costs of new tyres.

Anyone knows bout this too?

Time line schedule is obviously the wrong way to determine when to change tyres or brake pads. Brake pads and thread depth can be measured objectively.

LTA jiak sai one la... they only know that modification of exhaust system can cause a car to crash.

If cannot see through then keep a longer distance between la. This kind of thing need to teach you meh? [laugh]

Then those boxed lorry or reefer truck without window how? Must install camera in front and LED TV behind to let you see their front view? Need QHD resolution or not? [laugh]

That is why they are suppose the keep left and not roam on the right.

I don't tint my windows, but I feel window tint is the least of priorities for LTA officers if we look at safety considerations of modifications enforcements.

Your issue with too tinted windows not enabling you to look further ahead should also consider big ass vehicles like large SUVs/MPVs/Buses/Vans and lorries too. Imagine following behind an Audi Q7 or Vellfire and your ride is the normal or lower seated sports car? Even without tinting you will not be able to see ahead due to the bulk of the rear lower sheet metal in your line of sight.

Time line schedule is obviously the wrong way to determine when to change tyres or brake pads. Brake pads and thread depth can be measured objectively.

suv and mpv aren't that bad if they don't tint their window. However there is a reasons why vans bus and lorry should stay on the left most lane.
↡ Advertisement