Which car will you buy

Kazuya

Hey all,

I further narrowed down my choice to the following 3 choices based on Fuel Consumption, Comfort and Handling after test driving 5 car models (Elantra, Kia K3, Mazda 3, Vezel, Jazz RS).

I eliminated Hyundai Elantra because new model is coming out and high FC. Price is also close to Jap rivals. Eliminated KIA K3 because of same reason with Elantra, plus listed price of $84,999 stated that must trade in existing car, if not its $86,999. My as well get Jap car.

If you clock 30,000km a year and you need to use your car primarily to transport your family to work and school and use it for your work secondarily. Which of these 3 models will you buy and why?

1) Honda Jazz RS
$90,999
Responsive gear box, Best fuel consumption, Interior quite comfy for hatch back, pick up is best as compared to other two. Down side is 2 airbags only, small boot space and small car.

Add Ons
-3 year free servicing
-Solar Film
-Free Road Tax
-Can use own insurance

2) Honda Vezel 1.5X
$94,999
Most comfortable of the 3 cars listed here. Stable and good view when driving. Highest FC among the 3. Most exp among the 3. PI car has its risk.

Add Ons
-3 free servicing only
-Solar Film
-Can use own insurance

3) Mazda 3 Standard
$89,988
Comfort is in the mid range of the 3, FC is also mid range. Good handling just like the Honda RS. Pick up not as good as Honda RS. Most luxurios interior among the 3 with sunroof.
No fog lamps, halogen headlights.

Add Ons
-3 year free servicing only
-Solar Film
-Free Road Tax
-SE giving free Reverse cam + In built GPS for the standard version.

All views welcome please, especially from current car owners driving any of the cars listed.

Edited by Ragingbull
↡ Advertisement

Mazda 3 hatchback. Functional, good size, good handling and sexy. But all 3 are good, just buy the one you like most.

I thought the same - the Mazda 3 (hatchback).

Otherwise the Honda Jazz. I still have difficulty to overcome making a purchase from a PI.

• Praise 2

I thought the same - the Mazda 3 (hatchback).

Otherwise the Honda Jazz. I still have difficulty to overcome making a purchase from a PI.

Don't worry, that is a handicap that most people have...including me.... [;)]

• Praise 1

Buy the Jazz RS 1.5L Contrary to all the PI, this Jazz is made in Japan. U can chk out the Chassis no: which begins with J. Thailand made Honda begins with M in their chassis no.

This car share the same engine as the vezel. But being 200kg lighter (abt 3 adults), the car is really responsive. I have drove it for abt 1 month already and have gone to KL and back and FC is superb. The high roof line at the back means that the back seat row is pushed further back so the legroom for back passengers is great. The trade off is the small boot. On the other hand if u drive north with just yr GF or wife, the back row seats can be folded flat down. That makes for a nice bed. 

• Praise 3

Honda Jazz.

Since your mileage is 30K /year. You will save on the fuel and maintenance on long run. 

Jazz is not bad to drive either.

I assume it has the best power to weight ratio among the 3.

• Praise 3

confirm vezel... since primary use is family...... the more comfortable the better........ what's the point of saving abit of money but family does not enjoy getting into the car

based on 30k annual. let's say jazz is 15km/l and vezel 13k/l. i anyhow plug FC figures from air. difference is 308l per year. based on petrol of $2 is $616 a year. divide by 365 days is $1.70 a day.... your family not worth the additional $1.70 a day to be more comfortable?

• Praise 2

Vezel if u want a taxi liked car on the road, all over white vezels.

Jazz if u want the speed and can make do with interior and exterior styling.

Mz3 if you want a car with sleek interior, exterior and good FC.

Things like FC will run out of "love" after 2-3 months so... just choose one that suits your style and satisfy your needs.

• Praise 2

These three cars are all different type, how to compare.  One is hatch back, one is suv and another is sedan.  TS should ask of these three types of car what type he like or dislike.  Then for that type look at the different options.

Actually if TS main focus is on transport and comfort, the above 3 are surely not the best that meet the objectives.  Mazda3 while it is nice to look at, the interior space and egonormic is poor, i.e cramp and not easy to get in and out.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 2

These three cars are all different type, how to compare. One is hatch back, one is suv and another is sedan. TS should ask of these three types of car what type he like or dislike. Then for that type look at the different options.

Actually if TS main focus is on transport and comfort, the above 3 are surely not the best that meet the objectives. Mazda3 while it is nice to look at, the interior space and egonormic is poor, i.e cramp and not easy to get in and out.

Well, that's because i dont mind driving either Sedan, SUV or Hatchback. My main focus is Comfort and FC followed by Safety.
  • Praise 2

Hey all,

I further narrowed down my choice to the following 3 choices based on Fuel Consumption, Comfort and Handling after test driving 5 car models (Elantra, Kia K3, Mazda 3, Vezel, Jazz RS).

I eliminated Hyundai Elantra because new model is coming out and high FC. Price is also close to Jap rivals. Eliminated KIA K3 because of same reason with Elantra, plus listed price of $84,999 stated that must trade in existing car, if not its $86,999. My as well get Jap car.

If you clock 30,000km a year and you need to use your car primarily to transport your family to work and school and use it for your work secondarily. Which of these 3 models will you buy and why?

1) Honda Jazz RS

$90,999

Responsive gear box, Best fuel consumption, Interior quite comfy for hatch back, pick up is best as compared to other two. Down side is 2 airbags only, small boot space and small car.

Add Ons

-3 year free servicing

-Solar Film

-Free Road Tax

-Can use own insurance

2) Honda Vezel 1.5X

$94,999

Most comfortable of the 3 cars listed here. Stable and good view when driving. Highest FC among the 3. Most exp among the 3. PI car has its risk.

Add Ons

-3 free servicing only

-Solar Film

-Can use own insurance

3) Mazda 3 Standard

$89,988

Comfort is in the mid range of the 3, FC is also mid range. Good handling just like the Honda RS. Pick up not as good as Honda RS. Most luxurios interior among the 3 with sunroof.

No fog lamps, halogen headlights.

Add Ons

-3 year free servicing only

-Solar Film

-Free Road Tax

-SE giving free Reverse cam + In built GPS for the standard version.

All views welcome please, especially from current car owners driving any of the cars listed.

I will choose Jazz because the look is sporty and trendy.

Vezel is too common on the road. The heavy body making the car under power. The aircon vent at the front also looks ugly to me.

Mazda3 is a nice car too. But if you buy, should buy the premium model. Its worth the top up, with the DRL and other features I think its more complete.

Altis is more expensive than the above 3 models but I think if you can stretch a little more. Can consider Altis. Reliability, cheap spare parts, high resales value too!

• Praise 2

Well, that's because i dont mind driving either Sedan, SUV or Hatchback. My main focus is Comfort and FC followed by Safety.

then mz3 can throw out of the window.

no safety features and not comfortable in terms of rear leg room.

Should not compromise safety esp if you can afford it. 

• Praise 1

Actually what's the difference between Vezel and Jazz other dan the higher ride height?

I mean they share the same dashboard and interior. Share the same engine and transmission. Share the same funky rear seats.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1