AD Warranty

Junesh1983

Hi Bros

Just got a new ride from Toyota with 5 year warranty. Does installation by wiring third party items like DVR recorder and Leg Room LED tied to door switch void the warranty under BM? I requested them to add on wires instead of tampering with the original wire in car. When I call BM they say anything you don't do with BM is void warranty. 

Any bro experience servicing from them? Will they inspect all these and be quick to indicate your warranty is voided? Planning to go next week.

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

that's standard reply

what do you expect them to say

if you are BM ... do you allow others to "modify" or "install" things especially involve wiring and connection to junction box

When I call BM they say anything you don't do with BM is void warranty.
Edited by Wt_know

Hi Bros

Just got a new ride from Toyota with 5 year warranty. Does installation by wiring third party items like DVR recorder and Leg Room LED tied to door switch void the warranty under BM? I requested them to add on wires instead of tampering with the original wire in car. When I call BM they say anything you don't do with BM is void warranty. 

Any bro experience servicing from them? Will they inspect all these and be quick to indicate your warranty is voided? Planning to go next week.

Thanks in advance.

Anything not done by AD during warranty period is subject to the mercy of AD.

Hi Bros

Thanks in advance.

Best to not do to avoid potential warranty issues down the road.

Unless you get it in writing, in future if you have warranty claims; how to ensure they don't go back on their word as the warranty claim officer maybe a different person.So do get a written assurance that installing your items will not result in warranty being void but you think Borneo will do this for you?

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Hi Bros

Thanks in advance.

Add-on or not, it is still tampering with the electrical circuit for the car. AD has the right to void the warranty. It is not worth to play with the warranty if it is a NEW car

Hi Bros

Thanks in advance.

Good that you told me. I am due to get my Wish sometime this month, and now I know their bullsh*t policy.

Out of curiosity, did you ask them how much they charge for installation of the DVR at BM? Can you buy a DVR from outside and get them to install it while preserving warranty?

yes ... if you got sound from brake or wheel eeee eeee sound when moving ... they will blame rims and tyres

of course if your headlight up lorry ... they cannot blame rims and tyres right?

How about changing to after market rims and tyres? 

Will AD void warranty? 

Edited by Wt_know

Warranty in Singapore is all bulls**t.

Changing oil etc are all owner functions in all other countries. But in Singapore, if you miss one free* oil change by the dealer your warranty is voided.

*Free = but you pay for materials. Typically $150 for a $50 job if you do it yourself or add $20 if you get someone to do it for you.  And as part of the free servicing, they will highlight to you that you must change this and that for $500 or $1000.  If you decline, warranty void.

• Praise 1

Actually what does the warranty really means? Do we need to pay for the parts still? Like for example, coolant leaking. Need to repair, if vehicle still under warranty, do we still need to pay for the repair?

yes ... if you got sound from brake or wheel eeee eeee sound when moving ... they will blame rims and tyres

of course if your headlight up lorry ... they cannot blame rims and tyres right?

They want they can.

"You upsized to non-standard rim/tyre size and weight. You subject your car to increased shakes and vibrations. That result in the headlight bulb connectors becoming loose and the frequent micro-fluctuation in the electrical supply all contribute to the early failure of your headlights.

As a gesture of good-will (ie. no fault of ours), you just have to pay for the part and we will provide you with complimentary labour.

oh, btw, your whole car warranty is void"

:slow:

Changing oil etc are all owner functions in all other countries. But in Singapore, if you miss one free* oil change by the dealer your warranty is voided.

*Free = but you pay for materials. Typically $150 for a $50 job if you do it yourself or add $20 if you get someone to do it for you.  And as part of the free servicing, they will highlight to you that you must change this and that for $500 or $1000.  If you decline, warranty void.

Bulls**t or not, the rules are there and as we live here, we got no choice right?

So either you gung ho by ignoring the rules and hope no warranty claim or you LL abide by it like what most of us do. 

• Praise 4

They want they can.

"You upsized to non-standard rim/tyre size and weight. You subject your car to increased shakes and vibrations. That result in the headlight bulb connectors becoming loose and the frequent micro-fluctuation in the electrical supply all contribute to the early failure of your headlights.

As a gesture of good-will (ie. no fault of ours), you just have to pay for the part and we will provide you with complimentary labour.

oh, btw, your whole car warranty is void"

:slow:

i change suspension, brake , wheel, tyre, led, air filter, coding, CF trim, bodykit, steering wheel, gear knob, dvr recorder, etc

still can claim warranty - heng ah!

anyway, my next car would be lock stock barrel

changing things very sian and tiring ... hehe

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Bulls**t or not, the rules are there and as we live here, we got no choice right?

So either you gung ho by ignoring the rules and hope no warranty claim or you LL abide by it like what most of us do. 

Roll over and die?

You can buy a Japanese car*, made in Japan**, and meant for the Japanese customer***. By probability, if a problem really crops up, the cost to repair will be lower than the forced donations you make quarterly to the dealer's workshop.  Anyway, the list of exclusions in the "warranty" is so long as to make the "warranty" a non-warranty. What are included are mainly things that hardly or cannot break. And if a covered repair is really needed, what's to prevent the workshop from saying it's due to wear and tear?

* Example: Toyota, Honda, etc

** Must be made in a factory in Japan, not a Toyota factory in Indonesia for example.

*** Therefore must be a model that is on actual Japanese roads, ie not meant for outside Japan use only. 

Edited by King_Kong

Roll over and die?

You can buy a Japanese car*, made in Japan**, and meant for the Japanese customer***. By probability, if a problem really crops up, the cost to repair will be lower than the forced donations you make quarterly to the dealer's workshop.  Anyway, the list of exclusions in the "warranty" is so long as to make the "warranty" a non-warranty. What are included are mainly things that hardly or cannot break. And if a covered repair is really needed, what's to prevent the workshop from saying it's due to wear and tear?

* Example: Toyota, Honda, etc

** Must be made in a factory in Japan, not a Toyota factory in Indonesia for example.

*** Therefore must be a model that is on actual Japanese roads, ie not meant for outside Japan use only. 

I've seen warranty claims before and trust me not small amounts. That said, I do agree that for the majority of us, unlikely to have anything to claim esp since Jap cars are reasonably reliable so you likely end up paying more. 

My point though is that no point quibbling over whether warranty in Singapore is bull or not. If you want peace of mind then have to swallow it and abide by the rules. If you feel it is bull then by all means go through a PI or other means where you are not restricted to these warranty rules though other rules from PI may come about which can classified as bull as well.

Anyway to each his own. No need roll over and die, go the route you feel is best for you, good luck!!

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

*Free = but you pay for materials. Typically $150 for a $50 job if you do it yourself or add $20 if you get someone to do it for you. And as part of the free servicing, they will highlight to you that you must change this and that for $500 or $1000. If you decline, warranty void.

Old story la.

Hi Bros

Thanks in advance.

Not Sure about The door light thingy. But there's a work around for the dash cam. Don't hook it to the battery but hook it to the USB ports or the cigarette lighter port for charging. The warranty issue arises if you rigged it to the battery on off but if you use the cigarette port or have your own external power back then shud not be a problem