Volvo XC90 Excellence

Michael2828

retailing in Singapore for S$300k.  I love the car but not the price.......at such price, it is on a bumpy road to compete with the bmw x7 where buyers with such budget are generally badge conscious to the likes of beemers.

Volvo is making a very luxurious SUV! anybody getting this?  [:p]

Volvo XC 90 Excellence

Seeing all the features for this model makes me think i rather spend my 300k (if i have) on air flight lo..

Most of the features i can get from a aircraft. :a-happy:

if 1 year fly 5 times (each time say $2k for econ class), i can have the experience for 30 years!!

Throw in some first class trip as bonus, still can have the experience for 20 year lo..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by L23

Seeing all the features for this model makes me think i rather spend my 300k (if i have) on air flight lo..

Most of the features i can get from a aircraft. :a-happy:

if 1 year fly 5 times (each time say $2k for econ class), i can have the experience for 30 years!!

Throw in some first class trip as bonus, still can have the experience for 20 year lo..  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

I bet you cannot bring your first class seat to go orchard road or to eat at the hawker centre..... [laugh]

• Praise 1

I bet you cannot bring your first class seat to go orchard road or to eat at the hawker centre..... [laugh]

Nvm about Orchard.

I go Rome see Totti then go USA lunch with Bill Gate then go China have kopi with Chairman Xi. :a-fun:

Would love too. But sibei ex.

Omv 55k i hear but mark up like a sharp knife. Tink 90k markup selling close to 300k

wow serious? like that can skip this already. haha

Nvm about Orchard.

I go Rome see Totti then go USA lunch with Bill Gate then go China have kopi with Chairman Xi. :a-fun:

PRICELESS! HAHAHAHA

Volvo is making a very luxurious SUV! anybody getting this?  [:p]

Volvo XC 90 Excellence

Volvo SE told me XC90 launched near one year liao, sold less than 50 units,

because 2.0L in line engine used Supercharged + turbocharged hardly squeezed out 320bhp, most parts long term working under overloading,

worry shorten lifespan, same price rather go for Q7 or X5 liao, 3.5L V6 better combination with such body weight

(edited)

because 2.0L in line engine used Supercharged + turbocharged hardly squeezed out 320bhp, most parts long term working under overloading,

worry shorten lifespan, same price rather go for Q7 or X5 liao, 3.5L V6 better combination with such body weight

Hehe Audi Q7 latest model also on 2.0L engine with turbocharging.. no supercharging. But I think new platform + weight saving programme helps the Q7 (100kg or so lighter than base Volvo XC90 T5 model).

But the Volvo have T6 version leh.. 6.5s to 100km/h not bad for a 2 tonne school bus.

Edited by Audi2016

Hehe Audi Q7 latest model also on 2.0L engine with turbocharging.. no supercharging. But I think new platform + weight saving programme helps the Q7 (100kg or so lighter than base Volvo XC90 T5 model).

But the Volvo have T6 version leh.. 6.5s to 100km/h not bad for a 2 tonne school bus.

New Q7 2.0L 250bhp  nothing wrong, only issue is whether squeezed the power, if not for racing purpose, 2.0L turbo 200 to 250bhp is quite reasonable and common powertrain, no harmful to engine and drivetrain parts

because 2.0L in line engine used Supercharged + turbocharged hardly squeezed out 320bhp, most parts long term working under overloading,

worry shorten lifespan, same price rather go for Q7 or X5 liao, 3.5L V6 better combination with such body weight

Only sold 50 units meh? I see quite a number of xc90 in sg

:grin:

Only sold 50 units meh? I see quite a number of xc90 in sg

most probably you saw old xc90, 2.5L T5

My China friend said new xc90 also no market in China,  low capacity squeezed high power, cause noisy/vibration/shorten lifespan,

and no face in front of friends, if they knew "1 million RMB only bought 4 cylinders"   :grin:

Interesting XC90 Vs Q7 

https://youtu.be/34vif7D-Yss

no doubts, Q7 even if I don't like it as well :D

if XC90 equipped V6 engine then XC90

(edited)

New Q7 2.0L 250bhp nothing wrong, only issue is whether squeezed the power, if not for racing purpose, 2.0L turbo 200 to 250bhp is quite reasonable and common powertrain, no harmful to engine and drivetrain parts

I don't think squeezed is the right word lah. It's all about tuning and optimization. The Mercedes AMG A45 can push out 381hp from a 2L turbo, so it can be done. These are branded European cars, I'm sure they know what they are doing and will always factor in some safety margins (so actually is detuned). That is why still can do aftermarket mod chips to boost power further.

If it's from the manufacturer, it's tuned. If aftermarket mod, it's squeezed :)

Edited by Douglam
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1