Just booked my car - what type of PPS to recommend?

Mycar008

Hi All,

I just got my 1 Week old Honda Civic WHITE. Planning to go for PPS CF-II By UNIQUE1995.com

Any recommendations? Should i do it? As after reading some posts here, some commented that doing PPS will leave Swirl Marks etc.

Hope you can advice :)

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

search around the threads for PPS. there's already alot of discussion. PPS is not a one off thing, you have to go back and check and if necessary, re-apply.

We all love our cars and if you can afford it and don't have the time, you can go for it. Just remember, it's not a 1-off thing. Maybe you want to consider maintaining it yourself (by joining our detailing sessions) or leave it as it is and respray a few years down the road.

do u understand the process?

why would PPS leave swirl mark?

the intermediate steps wld remove instead of create swirl marks.

briefly it entails washing the car with chemicals to rid dirt and dust, further smoothening and refining the "spaces" between paint cells, to narrow it, thereafter your vehicle becomes 'raw' - very clean like baby skin. then u apply wax and sealant subsequently, this seals the paintwork and so without dirt and whatever possible paint hurting stuff. weather and whatever other things in future will 'eat' away the sealant instead of paintwork hence maintaining the paint's gloss and shine.

the company will provide monthly to use solutions to enhance the sealant or rather maintain it cos the sealant applied can be worn off without reapplication. Perhaps once a year bring back for a touch up by them at low cost will go a long way to maintain further tt shine.

this is PPS.

regards.

just remember this is not a car paint.. it is a layer of "film" that does not really adhere effectively to the paint. when rain and shine, the thing will slowly detoriate, not visible but slowly. so u need to touch up. even sk-II also need to regular apply.

mot car wax n wat hv you also need to re apply even though some say no need, can sign and confirm but best u buy 2 tin of salt to eat if u really wanna wanna believe them. so good apply one time no need then they make $$ fr wat?

Neutral Newbie

White is a tough colour to maintain. If not well taken care of, may discoloured over time ... Swirl marks is more of the applicator's issue than the PPS used.

Neutral Newbie

agree with Apollo...just think why all the major car paint manufactureres, automobile manufacturers etc still uses the traditional wax/sealant? don't you think they have the resources to produce these technology or even to buy up company producing these stuff?

As we know, the clearcoat is the layer used to protect and enhance the gloss of the car paint...if you ever go to a spray paint shop and look inside their spray paint booth, talk to the spray painter and see how their lung suffer because of the prolong contact with the hardener used in the clearcoat, then think how some chemical pour out of a bottle and apply by a simple hand or machine process (and we are not talking about over baking yet) and yet can claim miracle protection...think these spray paint guys can all start eating grass liao.

Bottomline is while these PPS (or Teflon, Quartz, Glassplaxin etc) snakeoil do work to a certain extend, their claims are grossly over-exaggerated and is just another marketing scheme to sell a generic product at extraordinary price. [shakehead]

dun worry... white is the best color. just remember, when it become yellowish, u got a new color without respraying. how many other colors can do tat, go figure.

dizzy.gif

Hi all,

I am Sherine from CS-II and hope you guys here won't mind i share some of the technical advice here ya [:)] .

Wat is PPS?

PPS= Paint Protection System known by bros & Sistars here.

Wats the benefits of appling?

Retains its shine, easy maintenance, Save $$...

Wats the diff between Polishing & Get your car protected with the PPS Product?

Polishing=Strip off a layer of clear coat from our car paintwork in each session

PPS product= Coated a layer on top of our car clear-coat to protect it, so dat when harmful element attacks or hairline scratches cause by car wash, it will stay on-top of the sealant and allows you to have sufficion time to clean it, remove or repair without hurting your car clear-coat.

Alot of us have the misconcept that having those protection on the car paintwork will be anti-staining or even anti-scratches. With the protection, self-maintenance is still needed and with it, it helps maintenance of your car to be easiler.

Cheers [flowerface]

I have done CS-II Teflon with Unique about 2 weeks ago.

New car Purplish Gray, got some shine but when u place under light u will see the light is not reflected clearly.

after the polishing, grooming and waxing and sealing by CS-II the gloss/shine is good. That said, one still has to do some maintenance, i.e. wash weekly with water; once a month use the conditioner they give to maintain the sealant.

car care is NEVER one off, but of consistent effort. Products like CS-II does help to reduce quite a fair bit of work. think of it this way, i used to spend hours from washing to claying to drying to waxing to sealing. now i dun haf to and it maintains the paintwork, considering the route i take to work is a dusty muddy long stretch in the east.

of cos, once a year i will return to Unique to have it touched up. Dun forget new cars have 24mths warranty like mine...more than 1000km cars have 18mths warranty. The best assurance the boss gives me is...if within this yr gloss falls bring back i do for you FOC. for a consumer what more can i ask for?

i think the contact person Sherine is in this thread with nick Sealant. speak to her for more details.

Dont waste time on all these stuff.

All these stuff cant protect your car from scratches,door ding

& stone chips.

My ex-car go for amazing glaze $300 for 12 months shine.So what?

Door scratches send for respray.After respay still must go to

amazing glaze to apply the protection for $50.

i dont see any difference with or without protection.You still

get scratches everywhere.

Hi There...

Thanks for the advice.

Sktan10, How much to repray car, i'm having Metalic White, is it expensive to repray? Just doors or whole body?

I went for the Unique CF-II yesterday, it's great! Given 2 small bottles Shampoo & Preservation Solutions. I was given 24 Months Warranty for my 1 wk old car. And the GLOSS LEVEL is 95, any 10% below this level will be given FOC Touch up.

The staff said, I can always bring in the car for Wash/Apply Preservation Solution for $10 including vacuum. I think it's quite reasonable price, considering doing it once every 2 weeks.

And furthermore, 40% off for re-applying PPS 2 yrs later.

Correct me if I'm wrong....

↡ Advertisement