LTA probes recent spate of Sonata taxi accidents

Stooky

most of the time it's just human error, but people are unwilling to admit their mistakes. in the end, all just say SUA as it's a cheap way to get out of trouble.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Personally, I don't feel comfortable of having so many things decided by electronics. Don't we want to drive the car or we want electronics to drive it?

Personally, I don't feel comfortable of having so many things decided by electronics. Don't we want to drive the car or we want electronics to drive it?

Since it is not self-driving, isn't we decide how it is driven?

Turbocharged

Since it is not self-driving, isn't we decide how it is driven?

Not when electronics decides when to stop or move faster or slower. Imagine you are stuck in a rail track and the train charging at you but the electronics says cut off engine to save fuel haha

Not when electronics decides when to stop or move faster or slower. Imagine you are stuck in a rail track and the train charging at you but the electronics says cut off engine to save fuel haha

How can electronics decides what to do unless there is input from driver?

Personally, I am not surprised. Have been noticing many previous model Sonata taxi having some form of brake light failures. Be it the third brake light kaput of either left or right light blown or all 3 lights very dim when braked.

You guys observe my finding when you are on the road next time. Have told my wife to stay far far when following one of those old Sonatas.

(edited)

Cable operated still the best. You see Mr Bean... He stringed up and used broom sticks to steer his effectively dyfunctional mini clubman. :D

If MRT train, sure can use cable ties to tie over...

Edited by Kangadrool

Supercharged

maybe must equip all cars with a low-light cam in the footwells. :a-fun:

Yes. The most kiasu car in Korea has 5 cams. Front, back, left, right and ... driver's foot.

My colleague from Korea asked us the question before. Where is the 5th camera?

Turbocharged

Some of my projects at work also mysteriously have SUA, also almost got me killed. 

I better tell LTA.

(edited)

Personally, I am not surprised. Have been noticing many previous model Sonata taxi having some form of brake light failures. Be it the third brake light kaput of either left or right light blown or all 3 lights very dim when braked.

You guys observe my finding when you are on the road next time. Have told my wife to stay far far when following one of those old Sonatas.

normal wear and tear rah, brake light switch faulty need to replace with so high mileage,is a normal wear and tear items. Brake light bulbs are BA15D mostly with 2 filaments. One turn on when you switch on head lights another is when you brake both filaments will light up tgt for the maximium brightness. Its all part of the maintenance thingy rather then car issue. It happens to all car. For unintended, i guess is mostly due to throttle body sticking, should have  a maintenance schedule to included  the throttle body cleaning as well.   

Edited by Ivanpaseo

stupidest post so far. congratulations.

Well... can't it be the number of Sonata taxis on the road, coupled with the kind of mileage they cover, simply make the probability of a Sonata being involved with a careless driver even higher?

↡ Advertisement