Need Advice on Retaking Driving Licence

SGCMRichman

Hi everyone

My one-year driving suspension is ending in 2 week time.

I have called a driving centre to make enquiry on retaking my class 3 licence. I was told that I have to start all over again from zero from eyes test, basic theory onward.

Also, I could not enrol for any lesson or book for any test date now; must wait till after revocation period. The centre got express course for people like me. The package includes 6 driving lessons and 1 test date.

Need advice & tips here. What are the alternatives available for me besides the driving centre package? Any other useful information for me in my journey to regain my licence will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

Stanley

↡ Advertisement

Register at a driving centre as a private candidate so that you can book and sit for the basic theory and final theory tests. You still need to register at the centre because the theory and practical test bookings are done via their systems, even though you will not be a student there. This is the self-study route.

Find a private driving instructor. He/she can tell you when need to come and find them and how many sessions you need with them. Most of them want you to come to them after you pass your final theory so that you can book a practical test date first and do the sessions while waiting for the practical test (sometimes 2-3 months waiting).

Depending on your requirements, you can go all-private, all-school or half-and-half. I have seen before those bo tak chek ahpeks tio licence kantong then got problem passing theory test, in the end sign up with the school for theory classes only (cos school can offer theory classroom session in other languages).

Hi everyone

My one-year driving suspension is ending in 2 week time.

I have called a driving centre to make enquiry on retaking my class 3 licence. I was told that I have to start all over again from zero from eyes test, basic theory onward.

Also, I could not enrol for any lesson or book for any test date now; must wait till after revocation period. The centre got express course for people like me. The package includes 6 driving lessons and 1 test date.

Need advice & tips here. What are the alternatives available for me besides the driving centre package? Any other useful information for me in my journey to regain my licence will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

Stanley

My advice is

do everything from scratch

and don't bother with any short cuts.

The safety of everyone in this forum

and our insurance premiums is

in your hands. Best of luck.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 9

Agreed with Jamesc...

You don't need the express but the cruise course.

Yeah cruise course

and no crash course.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My advice is

do everything from scratch

and don't bother with any short cuts.

The safety of everyone in this forum

and our insurance premiums is

in your hands. Best of luck.  [thumbsup]