Peak-hour Parking Charges @ HDB car parks

zipping

Peak-hour parking charges apply at selected car parks with Electronic Parking System (EPS), where short-term parking demand is high. This encourages higher vehicle turnover so that more motorists can park at these car parks. 

My question will be..... if that is the rationale of peak hour parking, how about lower parking rates (<0.60/30min) during some super low peak hours like between 9-11am, 3-5pm, 12-7am? :huh:

• Praise 4

My question will be..... if that is the rationale of peak hour parking, how about lower parking rates (<0.60/30min) during some super low peak hours like between 9-11am, 3-5pm, 12-7am? :huh:

They will tell you, Our parking charges are the cheapest in the (region/world/choose one), thus will not be possible to lower.

• Praise 3

They will tell you, Our parking charges are the cheapest in the (region/world/choose one), thus will not be possible to lower.

Fully agreed, they would not have such policy on their parking charges de since you cannot find such cheap charges in the universe. Lol.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I guess cuz our parking already considered very cheap for a small city. Don't think there is any other similar densely populated city with parking charges as low as ours.

really f up these people. Suka suka increase rate. KNN PCB, what's peak hour? Want to implement peak hour then follow ERP peak hour. If not don't do. Say Taxi surcharge confusing, their peak hour surcharge lagi more confusing.

• Praise 1

So we can drive our cars to say New York or London and pay the highest parking in the world?

My point is, why do we need to  compare to other countries to set our own parking charges?

If it is about the government coffers, say so. Don't hide behind some lame ass excuse and bring grandmother grandfather in to compare when there is no basis of comparison. <_<

*my rant is not against you @Nzy :D

I guess cuz our parking already considered very cheap for a small city. Don't think there is any other similar densely populated city with parking charges as low as ours.

• Praise 3

Wah, majority of the places listed the peak hours last from 7am till 1030pm!!

maybe that's their plan to increase the parking charges to $0.80/half hr in their future... [furious]

The main issue is they didn't announce it. I was shocked to see the "higher parking charges during peak hours" in front of the gantry before I enter the carpark when I went to kovan and hg mall. First thing I thought was "by how much?" and how could I not know about this info.

• Praise 4

Maybe the peak hours parking charges like ERP rates, they can suka suka review and make adjustment accordingly, no need to announce one de. So if a particular carpark always lack of parking lots, they can increase to $2 also can.

• Praise 1

Like that it will not long before we see the same system being implemented everywhere under our dear govt rule:

- Crowded polyclinics?  Raise consultation charges during peak hours

- Crowded MRT/Buses? Raise fare during peak hours (now MRT is the opposite, lower fare during off-peak)

then soon as our private sector takes lead from our leaders...

- crowded food court cannot find seats? Raise food prices during peak hours

Maybe the peak hours parking charges like ERP rates, they can suka suka review and make adjustment accordingly, no need to announce one de. So if a particular carpark always lack of parking lots, they can increase to $2 also can.

• Praise 5

The main issue is they didn't announce it. I was shocked to see the "higher parking charges during peak hours" in front of the gantry before I enter the carpark when I went to kovan and hg mall. First thing I thought was "by how much?" and how could I not know about this info.

Went kovan yesterday and also shocked at the higher charges and lack of information I have.

Lan Lan as already at gantry so just go in.

Fast leg fast hand come out...

• Praise 1

The House always win .. left win, right win, centre also win ...

Win liao lor ...

• Praise 2

Please dont complain on the higher parking charges, cause i believe they surely tell you we have the lowest parking charges in this planet. And count yourself lucky that you are not staying in countries like HK etc where the parking charges is at least $10 an hour, and we are still very far from it lo. Lol.  :a-happy:

tiagong HK no COE/ERP/ARF and what nots.... :D

must ask @Vid

Please dont complain on the higher parking charges, cause i believe they surely tell you we have the lowest parking charges in this planet. And count yourself lucky that you are not staying in countries like HK etc where the parking charges is at least $10 an hour, and we are still very far from it lo. Lol.  :a-happy:

↡ Advertisement