Appeal for witness/video - Accident @ HG Ave 4 & HG St 51

oleandero

All bro & sis,

I know this is a long shot but if you were at the junction of hougang ave 4 and hougang st 51 around 12noon on 13 May 2017 (Saturday) and witnessed/recorded the accident that my family was in, much appreciated if you could contact me.

Long story short, my family was on right turn lane on hougang st 51 turning into hougang ave 4 towards imh when BM came (from opp direction on hougang st 51) and hit my family's car VW on the left back passenger seat which caused the car's left side airbag to be activated (this showed the intensity of the impact).

We have no idea what BM's story is and dont want to speculate. My family's car does not have a in-car cam (yesyes, i know, we should get one and we will!)

Any help given will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

(pictures attached. BM stopped at the place where i took the picture and VW was not moved at all after the impact. We were so grateful that VW did not hit the divider. The end result of that would be nasty)

post-147193-0-33344600-1494728256_thumb.png

post-147193-0-90372200-1494728299.png

post-147193-0-19043900-1494728315_thumb.png

post-147193-0-27045300-1494728452_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

Germany Vs Germany....BMW Vs VW,see who is tougher in crash..

Edited by ER-3682

Hi TS,

Just to be clear, does the below rough sketch match your description of what happened? 

That the BM allegedly came from the direction of Hougang St 91 towards Hougang St 51 while your family VW was turning right from Hougang St 51 to Hougang Ave 4 around noon time on 13 May 2017 (Sat) when the accident happened?  

post-5981-0-73688500-1494835256_thumb.png

• Praise 3

Front hit side at a junction.. doesnt that automatically mean the instigator of the accident will bear more responsibility?

Since that essentially how our traffic laws deem a driver guilty for not keeping a ''proper'' lookout 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Don't mind - do you remember seeing a right turn arrow when you were making the turn? 

Depending on the above, might want to consider if submitting a video would actually be advantageous to your case.

Wishing you a favourable claim and a good week ahead  [nod]

Edited by Misoz

Don't mind - do you remember seeing a right turn arrow when you were making the turn? 

Depending on the above, might want to consider if submitting a video would actually be advantageous to your case.

Wishing you a favourable claim and a good week ahead  [nod]

not sure if my bil saw right turn arrow but if the road is cleared on the other side, its okay to make the right turn isnt it?

If your VW not moved at all, that means the BMW is driving towards you, against traffic.

VW not move but due to the impact from the hit caused the car to spin and point in the direction in the picture.

(edited)

Hi TS,

Just to be clear, does the below rough sketch match your description of what happened? 

That the BM allegedly came from the direction of Hougang St 91 towards Hougang St 51 while your family VW was turning right from Hougang St 51 to Hougang Ave 4 around noon time on 13 May 2017 (Sat) when the accident happened?  

this is a rough sketch of what i was told happened. BM moved out behind Car 1 and sped through the junction. (chose the word sped was the impact caused VW to point in another direction) My bil saw a clear road as BM was behind car 1 and made the right turn. Who knows BM decided to move out from behind car 1 and shortly after, accident happened. 

post-147193-0-72086800-1495004508.png

Edited by oleandero

this is a rough sketch of what i was told happened. BM moved out behind Car 1 and sped through the junction. (chose the word sped was the impact caused VW to point in another direction) My bil saw a clear road as BM was behind car 1 and made the right turn. Who knows BM decided to move out from behind car 1 and shortly after, accident happened. 

Yes the sketch was exactly what I depicted earlier but the presence of car 1 was not mentioned in your earlier post.

A screenshot of the BM driver's possible view then is shown below: 

post-5981-0-79535100-1495075637_thumb.png

Without a witness or best a video footage of how it actually happened, its your or the VW driver's word against the Beemer driver's. 

Maybe you can appeal for the driver of car 1 to step forward if you have his licence plate no.

Good luck.

Supersonic
(edited)

Unless the BM ran a red light, it is fully your BIL's fault as the onus is on him to keep clear since he is turning right. 

BTW, from your BIL's position, it is not easy to see the 2nd lane unless he edges out quite a lot. If that is so, how likely is it that the BM managed to accelerate so quickly that your BIL could not clear the road in time? I also don't think your use of "sped" is accurate - the speed limit at the junction is likely to be 50km/h. I don't drive think the BMW can easily accelerate to 50km/h in such a short distance...

Sadly, even with video evidence, I would say that a claim against your BIL is likely to succeed. Unless of course the BM ran the red light.

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

not sure if my bil saw right turn arrow but if the road is cleared on the other side, its okay to make the right turn isnt it?

Errrrr ... no offence but if the road is clear on the other side, the BMW would not be there. Hard to claim that your BIL has no fault in this accident.

Unless TS can prove that the BM driver dashed the red light, the BM which was travelling straight should have right of way over the VW, which was turning right.

Unless the BM ran a red light, it is fully your BIL's fault as the onus is on him to keep clear since he is turning right. 

BTW, from your BIL's position, it is not easy to see the 2nd lane unless he edges out quite a lot. If that is so, how likely is it that the BM managed to accelerate so quickly that your BIL could not clear the road in time? I also don't think your use of "sped" is accurate - the speed limit at the junction is likely to be 50km/h. I don't drive think the BMW can easily accelerate to 50km/h in such a short distance...

Sadly, even with video evidence, I would say that a claim against your BIL is likely to succeed. Unless of course the BM ran the red light.

he saw a clear 2nd lane on the other side and hence he made the turn right? 

speed limit may be 50km/h but doesnt mean that people dont speed from time to time on roads like this? if BM did not travel at high speed, how did VW end up in the awkward angle by the road divider?

thats why i said in the first post, i dont wish to speculate, since its always driver A vs driver B's words.

so i guess now is see who's lawyer is better? 

Supersonic
(edited)

he saw a clear 2nd lane on the other side and hence he made the turn right?  If that's the case, why didn't he manage to clear the junction before the BMW arrived? BMW has to turn out from behind car 1 then drive onto the junction whereas your car is just clearing the junction.

speed limit may be 50km/h but doesnt mean that people dont speed from time to time on roads like this? if BM did not travel at high speed, how did VW end up in the awkward angle by the road divider? If BMW came out from car 1 and accelerated towards the junction, he has barely 10m to accelerate before reaching the point of impact. I don't drive a BMW but I don't think it accelerates like an F1 car so how to hit 50km/h? And this is assuming the BMW owner is a heavy footed siaolang who just step the pedals all the way down.

thats why i said in the first post, i dont wish to speculate, since its always driver A vs driver B's words. Yes, it is really A's word against B's. Except if the BMW had a car camera which is highly likely these days. Best bet is to see if traffic police has any cameras at that junction as well.

so i guess now is see who's lawyer is better? Doubtful it will reach this stage unless the payout is HUGE. Insurance company probably just allocate 50-50 if there is no proof and then load both parties and remove their NCD.

Edited by Kusje

Your situation is under below BOLA chart scenario 5. Car going straight can claim 100% against right-turning car. It's a very straight forward case.

Almost no chance to win unless there is video to proof BMW went through the red light.

barometer-of-liability-chart-v3-dated-1-

• Praise 3

3rd Gear

Please remove that metal hook hang on the head rest post.

Lack of safety, if rear pax forgets to wear safety belt in a e stop, will cause serious injury.

Consider the use plastic one.

Twincharged

Please remove that metal hook hang on the head rest post.

Lack of safety, if rear pax forgets to wear safety belt in a e stop, will cause serious injury.

Consider the use plastic one.

It's so obvious it can cause injury. Don't bother la. People won't learn till they Kenna jialat. I subscribe to evolution of natural selection.
↡ Advertisement