Appeal for video, reckless driving Middle Rd 16/5 9:20PM

Nostalgia

I was crossing the junction at Middle Road/Queen Street towards Rochor on the pedestrian green light, and was already on the second lane when a white car came at full speed on Queen Street from Rochor and turned right without slowing or stopping into Middle Road, forcing me to jump out of the way for safety.  At that point this happened there were still 20+ seconds counting down on the green pedestrian light. AFTER passing the junction, he finally reacted and slowed down when he realized that I had whipped out my handphone camera, and raised a hand out of his window.  When I finally turned around and finished crossing, there were still 10+ seconds on the green pedestrian light.

The car looked like a white Mitsubishi Lancer, (SGW1384_).  It would be great if the cars stopped for the light on both sides of that junction had dash cams running,  and could contact me so that I can submit the video together with my police report.  Or even just post them to this thread.

↡ Advertisement

apparently he didn't do it on purpose and realised his mistake, and apologize in a way. Not saying whay he did was right, he probably get fine and 6 points if caught on the spot.

there will be hundreds of such video everyday if everyone were to post them on social media.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

TS, you are lucky you are unharmed, you should thank your angel who is watching over you and the good reflexes that is given to you.  Go give yourself a treat and celebrate.

• Praise 1

I ever kena one young chap driving a Jag.

I approached a zebra crossing, pause and looked to my right (one way road) the Jag slowed down and I waited for him to stop which he did.

Started to cross and when half way, the driver stepped on the accelerator and Jag lurged forward at me, I jumped back instantly and almost immediately he jammed brake. We looked at each other stunned!  [laugh]

I gestured "what you doing?" and he "sorry sorry" back at me.  [grin]

I was crossing the junction at Middle Road/Queen Street towards Rochor on the pedestrian green light, and was already on the second lane when a white car came at full speed on Queen Street from Rochor and turned right without slowing or stopping into Middle Road, forcing me to jump out of the way for safety.  At that point this happened there were still 20+ seconds counting down on the green pedestrian light. AFTER passing the junction, he finally reacted and slowed down when he realized that I had whipped out my handphone camera, and raised a hand out of his window.  When I finally turned around and finished crossing, there were still 10+ seconds on the green pedestrian light.

The car looked like a white Mitsubishi Lancer, (SGW1384_).  It would be great if the cars stopped for the light on both sides of that junction had dash cams running,  and could contact me so that I can submit the video together with my police report.  Or even just post them to this thread.

Based on the licence plate no. (without the last alphabet) you have provided, the only culprit is as follows: 

post-5981-0-16959000-1495093145_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1