Appeal for video footage of accident - Junction of Cuscaden

Adrianli

Not me, just helping @j0ewhite to post.

APPEAL FOR VIDEO FOOTAGE OF ACCIDENT - JUNCTION OF CUSCADEN RD & TOMLINSON ROAD.

Accident between a black Toyota Vellfire and black Mazda 3. Happened on Wednesday 17 May 2017 around 2.50pm.

Details in the pictures:

http://i.imgur.com/W6vMSFx.jpg

W6vMSFx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qrzn3Fc.jpg

qrzn3Fc.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

No need video lah.. the vellfire is in the wrong...

Maybe need video to due to injury to human blah blah blah.. can claim more injuries if footage can show the impact or whatsoever..

Hypersonic

Got video no need talk so much. No need u say I say.

But this case no need video la. Toyota at fault. The driver must be those cockanathan who don't know the purpose of double broken white lines...Knn.

GIVE WAY Arsehole!

• Praise 2

Supersonic
(edited)

I'm not sure why all of you seem so confident it's an open-shut 100% liability sort of case.

It all depends on who was on the "major" road at time of impact.

I agree the more likely scenario is that the Mazda had already turned onto the major road (Tomlinson road), which puts the fault on the Vellfire for not giving way.

If however, the Vellfire had already checked it was clear, then started moving into the road and *then* the Mazda came barreling down Cuscaden road and turned hard into Tomlinson road, then it's a lot less clear cut. For one thing, if the Vellfire had already come out of the slip road and put part of its body into Tomlinson road, that would put at least part of the blame onto the Mazda because the Mazda failed to ensure that traffic was clear on the lane it was turning into.

Yes, there was a "give way" broken line the Vellfire had to cross, but there was a *stop* line at the junction where the Mazda turned. It really all depends on positions, timings and speeds. And if one party was clearly speeding, that would be a mitigating factor for the other as well. I doubt this will be a clear cut case. Video is very important.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

The exact point of damage or collision will give a strong indication of which vehicle is in front.

What if (hypothetically), the Mazda turned while the Vellfire was crawling (tortoise-like) out of the slip road (but Vellfire had already partially cleared the give way line), tried to do an avoidance maneuver but failed to clear the Vellfire, causing the Vellfire to hit its rear quarter panel?

Naive interpretation would be that the Mazda had made it onto the major road and Vellfire failed to give way, hitting the rearward side of the Mazda.

The real story is quite different.

We know there are drivers that drive very fast, and there are drivers that make tortoises look like F1 cars. A scenario like the one I posited can actually happen.

This shows the importance of video footage.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Yes, there was a "give way" broken line the Vellfire had to cross, but there was a *stop* line at the junction where the Mazda turned. It really all depends on positions, timings and speeds. And if one party was clearly speeding, that would be a mitigating factor for the other as well.

I believe the stop line has nothing to do with this case. Vehicle have to stop totally before a stop line, check and go if it is not a traffic light controlled junction.

But if it is a traffic light controlled junction, vehicle only have to stop before the stop line when its red light and can just go without stopping when its green light.

If you read the description (dont know how accurately described thou), the mazda was hit by the vellfire and not the other way round, that means the mazda should have passed the give way line 1st.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1