Hyundai Kona

Sdf4786k

Turbocharged

Looks kind of strange relative to the rest of the line up

Like it doesn't fit in, just trying to throw in a 'different looking' model to bite into the hip mini XO segment

Face reminds me of the Juke and Citroen Picasso somehow.

with so much light coming into the rear view mirror, I bet the road hogged will get the F#$% out of your way when you high beam.

Supercharged

If KMC priced it well, with good specs and features, I think it will do better than CX-3 (heard that it's not selling well) but cannot confirm when compared to Vezel/HRV (lots of them on the roads) or CHR (small rear seats)

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yes but IMO its nicer than both of those. 

hard to be worse than the juke  [laugh]

• Praise 2

Maybe will come with 1.4T instead (hopefully not more than $120k). If come with 1.6T it will cannibalise Tucson 1.6T. 

Yesterday ST reported most likely comes with the 1.6T.

If it does and is cheaper then the VW tiguan, maybe a worthwhile consideration.

Yesterday ST reported most likely comes with the 1.6T.

If it does and is cheaper then the VW tiguan, maybe a worthwhile consideration.

Will most definitely be cheaper than Tiguan ($163k+, almost Q3 territory). And Tiguan is more of a Tucson-size car.

As for pricing, let see some internal and external competitors:

Veloster 1.6T is $122k (don't think this is a sustainable price)

Tucson 1.6T is $119k (base model)

Mazda CX3 2.0 is $110k (base model, crazy cheap due to promo, list price $130k)

Honda HRV is $110k (not using vezel to keep it AD to AD comparison)

C-HR is $120k++ (overpriced if you ask me)

QQ 1.2T is $106k 

So for Kona i guess will be around $110k to around $118k for the full version...and maybe down the road they will bring in a "base" version and price it $5k cheaper. After all it was supposed to compete with HRV, C-HR and CX3. And although Kona design quite interesting somehow if the pricing too close to the Tucson i think people will still buy Tucson for more space and more road presence.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Will most definitely be cheaper than Tiguan ($163k+, almost Q3 territory). And Tiguan is more of a Tucson-size car.

As for pricing, let see some internal and external competitors:

Veloster 1.6T is $122k (don't think this is a sustainable price)

Tucson 1.6T is $119k (base model)

Mazda CX3 2.0 is $110k (base model, crazy cheap due to promo, list price $130k)

Honda HRV is $110k (not using vezel to keep it AD to AD comparison)

C-HR is $120k++ (overpriced if you ask me)

QQ 1.2T is $106k 

So for Kona i guess will be around $110k to around $118k for the full version...and maybe down the road they will bring in a "base" version and price it $5k cheaper. After all it was supposed to compete with HRV, C-HR and CX3. And although Kona design quite interesting somehow if the pricing too close to the Tucson i think people will still buy Tucson for more space and more road presence.

If really priced at 110 to 120k, the price will be too close to Tucson. Max price should be around 115k. Too bad I already got my car, if not this car might be into my consideration (due to the size and power). 

If really priced at 110 to 120k, the price will be too close to Tucson. Max price should be around 115k. Too bad I already got my car, if not this car might be into my consideration (due to the size and power). 

Yeah agree but the thing is based on sgcarmart info, Veloster Turbo total cost (before profit) is around $99k. For Tucson 1.6T is $102k So i don't think Kona will be much less than that since its a newer model with newer/better features than Veloster. So with around $100k cost, if they sell at $115k their profit per car is a bit low especially for a new model. Of course i hope it will be as cheap as possible as I am planning to change ride next year and this is high on my list. Also waiting to see if got next gen Sonata 1.6T and maybe even Elantra turbo.

• Praise 1

Prius is ridiculous.

Toyota is really trying too hard.

I think the current altis is a very good balance

the new camry also quite nice looking. 

Wonder why they dont bring in the Mark X 2.0T to replace the Camry.. that would give the VW passat a run for the money.. rear wheel drive 2.0T and jap reliability.. 

the new camry also quite nice looking. 

Wonder why they dont bring in the Mark X 2.0T to replace the Camry.. that would give the VW passat a run for the money.. rear wheel drive 2.0T and jap reliability.. 

Mark X is JDM... Japan Domestic Model only... so not available through official channels... the Japs like to segregate their markets...

↡ Advertisement