Vezel 1.5x Vs Vezel Hybrid

Hi

What is your view and any PIs to recommend?

My advise get from Kah Motor Honda agent! 5 years unlimited mileage warranty and 3 years free servicing!!! The few thousands extra you can cover back through servicing but you get 5 years warranty!

Most importantly is RECALL!!!! Recently a lot a Vezel got problem. Remember JDM cars are normally 1.5 years ahead of export version is to test out teething problem and in recall Situation JDM cars are meant for Japan and Japan climate,thus manufactur only responsible for JDM in Japan.

Just my 2 cents opinion, for the few thousands extra, not worth to go PI, and you dun really lose the few thousands by buying from Kah Motor. It like insurance, people only wish they buy or buy more when shit happens, but sunny day all believe they won't need to spend the extra money and get themselves cover.

http://www.------.com/news/10782/honda-vezel-recall

http://www.singaporeuncensored.com/honda-vezel-being-recall-due-catching-of-fire/

• Praise 1

But but Vezel is assembled in Japan vs HRV is assembled in Thailand.

1.5L engine DOHC vs SOHC

More airbags vs less

Why ppl want to get Vezel over HRV I think it's kinda obvious.

• Praise 1

1.5L engine DOHC vs SOHC

More airbags vs less

The current HRV is the same as vezel. Same engine , same specs , same Made in japan

My opinion is , if Kah motor is selling the HRV $5k more than Vezel, get the HRV. Anything above $5k more for the HRV , get the vezel.

Get the vezel from a reputable PI.

If you are going for hybrid because you can save $ , my message to you is.. you won't save a lot. You may even spend more on the hybrid model during the 10 years of ownership. However , if you are going for the hybrid because of the gearbox , then go for it.

• Praise 3

1.5L engine DOHC vs SOHC

More airbags vs less

Current HRV from AD is made in Japan.

Won over by the sincerity of the SE serving me. Booked 1st June. Got my COE on first bid, no need guaranteed package.Will be collecting this week. Totally different experience from C&C Kia previous.

• Praise 1

My advise get from Kah Motor Honda agent! 5 years unlimited mileage warranty and 3 years free servicing!!! The few thousands extra you can cover back through servicing but you get 5 years warranty!

Most importantly is RECALL!!!! Recently a lot a Vezel got problem. Remember JDM cars are normally 1.5 years ahead of export version is to test out teething problem and in recall Situation JDM cars are meant for Japan and Japan climate,thus manufactur only responsible for JDM in Japan.

Just my 2 cents opinion, for the few thousands extra, not worth to go PI, and you dun really lose the few thousands by buying from Kah Motor. It like insurance, people only wish they buy or buy more when shit happens, but sunny day all believe they won't need to spend the extra money and get themselves cover.

http://www.------.com/news/10782/honda-vezel-recall

http://www.singaporeuncensored.com/honda-vezel-being-recall-due-catching-of-fire/

What does the free servicing cover?

My current car, at 10 years old and recently renewed COE, only serviced once at Kah Motor, the very first service in case I need to claim warranty..

After that, no more, been servicing outside. Waiting time is shorter, about 30 min for standard servicing if no queue and best is you don't get carroted.

Most of the ADs are using apprentices while servicing at my usual workshop, I get the same mechanic throughout.

Overall, still cheaper than going back AD.

• Praise 1

(edited)

What does the free servicing cover?

My current car, at 10 years old and recently renewed COE, only serviced once at Kah Motor, the very first service in case I need to claim warranty..

After that, no more, been servicing outside. Waiting time is shorter, about 30 min for standard servicing if no queue and best is you don't get carroted.

Most of the ADs are using apprentices while servicing at my usual workshop, I get the same mechanic throughout.

Overall, still cheaper than going back AD.

Not sure as I dun own a Honda now. I know this cause I follow my BIL to take a look. But base on my experience free Servicing mean drop you car, pick up later without paying a cent on standard schedule servicing. Not wear and tear. This is the case for my current new car AD offer 3 years free servicing when I bought last year and this year AD offer 5 years free servicing Edited by D3badge
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

why is there a need to start a new thread on this? [confused]

there are countless discussion on this already

• Praise 7

Not sure as I dun own a Honda now. I know this cause I follow my BIL to take a look. But base on my experience free Servicing mean drop you car, pick up later without paying a cent on standard schedule servicing. Not wear and tear. This is the case for my current new car AD offer 3 years free servicing when I bought last year and this year AD offer 5 years free servicing

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

why is there a need to start a new thread on this? [confused]

there are countless discussion on this already

That one is general while this thread is more specific perhaps ?
  • Praise 1

The current HRV is the same as vezel. Same engine , same specs , same Made in japan

My opinion is , if Kah motor is selling the HRV $5k more than Vezel, get the HRV. Anything above $5k more for the HRV , get the vezel.

Get the vezel from a reputable PI.

If you are going for hybrid because you can save $ , my message to you is.. you won't save a lot. You may even spend more on the hybrid model during the 10 years of ownership. However , if you are going for the hybrid because of the gearbox , then go for it.

I feel if is hybrid, buy from Kah motor , if buying petrol, PI is ok. Vezel out in market for a few years.Those kanna recall is the 1st batch.

I feel if is hybrid, buy from Kah motor , if buying petrol, PI is ok. Vezel out in market for a few years.Those kanna recall is the 1st batch.

Kah Motor got hybrid vezel/HRV meh...?

I'm wary of this free servicing. On my previous ride (Jap brand, but not Kah Motor), it does offer free 1st servicing.

Before sending in, I took a look at the oil colour of the dip stick and the oil looks blackish. I did not send in at 5000km as recommended, but at 8000+km.

Guess what, when I collected my car half a day later, the oil colour is still the same. Fresh oil would be golden in colour.

Brought this up to the SE and he said it was normal. I would agree if it is a little black.

Demanded him to change out the oil again immediately which he did after giving a lot of excuses.

The oil that's flushed out was almost black. After replenishing the oil, we checked the dip stick again. Needless to say the colour is golden.

I don't really have much faith in sending to AD. In the 90s, Kah Motor's waiting area is at level 2 and there's a window where you can look into the workshop to see them service your car.

I can only trust my outside mechanic to do a better job.

Yes.. I have to agree.

Appointed PI workshops are best.

They have few cars to manage and very fast servicing.

You can book time slot easily. For AD, it's harder to book timeslot & also the servicing take very long.

Kah only have petrol

Driving the hybrid, much better in petrol in 3 factors below. 

1) FC, extra 5 to 7km per l

2) Extra sound insulation padding and quieter engine due to lesser strain on engine as assisted by electrical motor

3) 150bhp and around 250nm of torque, 0 to 100 in around 8.5 seconds.

In addition, goes for the Honda Sensing option that Kah Motor does not have. http://automobiles.honda.com/sensing

Driving the hybrid, much better in petrol in 3 factors below.

1) FC, extra 5 to 7km per l

2) Extra sound insulation padding and quieter engine due to lesser strain on engine as assisted by electrical motor

3) 150bhp and around 250nm of torque, 0 to 100 in around 8.5 seconds.

In addition, goes for the Honda Sensing option that Kah Motor does not have. http://automobiles.honda.com/sensing

250NM of torque? Serious bro?

250NM of torque? Serious bro?

unlikely can churn out such a high figure if not turbo charged. Non turbo charged car won't have high torque unless they are diesel.

↡ Advertisement