The controversial topic of premium fuel and FC

Premium fuel is a gimmick.

I always go for 92 in SG

How can you say gimmick when you ALWAYS go for 92.

I've tried cow tax 98, a**hole 98, vpower, shell 98, spc 98 and the Lower grades. And I tried all these different grades on Korean, jap, and German cars.

If u comment gimmick, likely u own a Japanese car. There is not much diff, u pour any thing, a Japanese car just drink.

The diff is more evident in German cars.

To cut the long story short, i give you the petrol ranking:

Vpower

a**hole 98

Cow tax98

Shell do give slightly better mileage, even their 98. Engine runs smoother n quieter.

Companies change Petrol formula time to time, but shell is still the best, and tend to sell at a premium.

But jap cars, stick with drinking 92/95. You don need to ask a kid to drink wine, when a kid is suited for Rebina, follow manufacturer stipulation.

Finding good petrol for good FC..... wrong focus!

1. Go do an engine flush during oil change.

2. Use good synthetic oil

3. Add oil additives

4. Use Sonax or Liqui Moly Fuel injector cleaner, these are good German products that I tried, forget cow tax cleaner.

All things equal, Now go check your FC again!

• Praise 1

3. Add oil additives

4. Use Sonax or Liqui Moly Fuel injector cleaner, these are good German products that I tried, forget cow tax cleaner.

Priority of wanting a good FC is ... ?

You want a car that can gives you longer travel distance per fill up

Which means you don't want to spend money visiting petrol station too often.

And then you suggested spending money on engine flushes, premium engine oils, buying unnecessary additives, injector cleaners..etc

What you didn't realise is, you are actually better off spending those money on petrol, which helps keep your car moving, rather than feeding it with non-mandatory products, which may or may not even really improves your FC.

How can you say gimmick when you ALWAYS go for 92.

I've tried cow tax 98, a**hole 98, vpower, shell 98, spc 98 and the Lower grades. And I tried all these different grades on Korean, jap, and German cars.

If u comment gimmick, likely u own a Japanese car. There is not much diff, u pour any thing, a Japanese car just drink.

The diff is more evident in German cars.

To cut the long story short, i give you the petrol ranking:

Vpower

a**hole 98

Cow tax98

Shell do give slightly better mileage, even their 98. Engine runs smoother n quieter.

Companies change Petrol formula time to time, but shell is still the best, and tend to sell at a premium.

But jap cars, stick with drinking 92/95. You don need to ask a kid to drink wine, when a kid is suited for Rebina, follow manufacturer stipulation.

3. Add oil additives

Yes u r right. I'm driving a Japanese car

I don't see a need to drive a conti car since my job doesn't require me to face clients. And im happy driving my humble jap car that gives me 14-16km/l. My wallet is happy too.

If people have no problems paying for premium fuel I'm sure they have no issues paying extra for premium water.

For me I stick to my usual tap water, boil it, and drink it.

Some cars are tuned for a certain octane of petrol. Especially Japan domestic market cars. 

Follow the owner manual recommendations.

If my car can use anything from 92 to premium petrol, I will pick the grade that gives me the cheapest cost per kilometre travelled. 

• Praise 4

Priority of wanting a good FC is ... ?

You want a car that can gives you longer travel distance per fill up

Which means you don't want to spend money visiting petrol station too often.

And then you suggested spending money on engine flushes, premium engine oils, buying unnecessary additives, injector cleaners..etc

What you didn't realise is, you are actually better off spending those money on petrol, which helps keep your car moving, rather than feeding it with non-mandatory products, which may or may not even really improves your FC.

Don dismiss a thought too quickly, think.... bottomline is to save money correct....

So Benefits must outweigh Total Costs.

To know this, u need to know how much KM/L has your car loss. The KM/L the car can clock when it was new Vs now. If substantial loss of efficiency, time to flush carbon built up. Just by restoring mileage by 10%, it's as good as getting 10% discount on your petrol every time u pump. Other factors, more powerful drive, less pollution, less engine vibration at red lights.....makes your drive more pleasant. These vitamins will have good discount at times.

Same analysis before adding petrol additives for better mileage (if any).

• Praise 1