Looking for reliable workshops in the west

Ks_88

Anyone got any reliable workshops in the west to recommend? I used to go Autobay for serving, but it's a little far from where I stay. I used to go Motec too, but too bad they closed down.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anyone got any reliable workshops in the west to recommend? I used to go Autobay for serving, but it's a little far from where I stay. I used to go Motec too, but too bad they closed down.

Thanks!

What car you driving?

Be aware car owners!!! If you are going to send yr car for servicing in autobac singapore. According to the marketing manager that the service n checking was done by the machine not by human. The problem we are facing now neither the fault from the human nor the machine, it was our luck for sending the car to their service. Even they are going to give u one time free service, is there anyone dare to go for this free service to allow them to cheat on you and earn more from you by changing the parts unnecessary???

Well, we have learnt a lesson and will never bring the car to service at autobac to be cheated by them as they are big organization and need to pay to the employees!!!

We sent our car first time at Autobacs for regular servicing on 8th July 2017, Saturday (Morning).

We waited for few hours and the car was ready about 3+, We paid for the fees of standard package for cooler and changed whatever recommended by the Mechanic, Andy. We spent $343.80 For the total services and parts changed and drove to Whampoa to visit my parents-in-law. That was appropriately a half hour drive.

After which, we wanted to head home at around 7.30pm. The car stalled and had to be towed to Autobacs Ubi. Please bear in mind that we still had to find our own means of transport to get home from Whampoa to Tampines and next day from home to Ubi for collection of car again.

The next morning, the mechanic called and denied that it was their fault. They claimed that the parts were old and we needed to pay MORE for the parts that were too old. They also claimed that the problem did not lie on the coolant, yet the reason for break-down was because it was overheated (according to them). Fine, we were wary but we still told them to go ahead. We can't do anything much anyway, since the car is with them.

Our car was in perfectly good condition before the servicing. We just brought it for regular checks to make sure everything is fine. However, after the check and change of part, IT BROKE DOWN.

That's not the best part, at 1.30pm, they called us again to inform that ANOTHER PART needs to be changed. Wow. It must be nice to have someone saying "Okay Okay" to everything they suggest right. They gave the same excuse, too old, needs to be changed, while giving a stuck-up attitude, as if we owe them. If we are not going to change the parts, they will put back the part and they won't bear any consequences, at the end, we spent another $348 for the parts which was caused by the overheating which the Mechanic, Andy did not check properly and rush to complete the work.

We went there as customers. Yet, we left feeling dignified and let-down at such poor service. We should have checked the feedbacks and reviews given by other customers on Facebook before actually heading to Autobacs.

After the incident, we went to check the reviews and found out that we're not the only ones that got "conned". Sure, you might argue that it's not explicit conning but constantly taking out money to fix the car AFTER the check felt terrible. Why didn't the Mechanic inform us at the first check? They only told us that our car had SO MANY PROBLEM after it broke down AFTER the check and put the blame on us for driving when the water is leaking?

Go ahead, send your car to Autobacs if you want to experience a rollercoaster of emotions. Go ahead, if you feeling rich and wants to be chop on the cutting board like cabbages. Go ahead, if you want to experience the 'BEST' service.

With that being said, that's the last time you'll be seeing us at Autobacs. Good riddance.

• Praise 2

Be aware car owners!!! If you are going to send yr car for servicing in autobac singapore. According to the marketing manager that the service n checking was done by the machine not by human. The problem we are facing now neither the fault from the human nor the machine, it was our luck for sending the car to their service. Even they are going to give u one time free service, is there anyone dare to go for this free service to allow them to cheat on you and earn more from you by changing the parts unnecessary???

Well, we have learnt a lesson and will never bring the car to service at autobac to be cheated by them as they are big organization and need to pay to the employees!!!

We sent our car first time at Autobacs for regular servicing on 8th July 2017, Saturday (Morning).

We waited for few hours and the car was ready about 3+, We paid for the fees of standard package for cooler and changed whatever recommended by the Mechanic, Andy. We spent $343.80 For the total services and parts changed and drove to Whampoa to visit my parents-in-law. That was appropriately a half hour drive.

After which, we wanted to head home at around 7.30pm. The car stalled and had to be towed to Autobacs Ubi. Please bear in mind that we still had to find our own means of transport to get home from Whampoa to Tampines and next day from home to Ubi for collection of car again.

The next morning, the mechanic called and denied that it was their fault. They claimed that the parts were old and we needed to pay MORE for the parts that were too old. They also claimed that the problem did not lie on the coolant, yet the reason for break-down was because it was overheated (according to them). Fine, we were wary but we still told them to go ahead. We can't do anything much anyway, since the car is with them.

Our car was in perfectly good condition before the servicing. We just brought it for regular checks to make sure everything is fine. However, after the check and change of part, IT BROKE DOWN.

That's not the best part, at 1.30pm, they called us again to inform that ANOTHER PART needs to be changed. Wow. It must be nice to have someone saying "Okay Okay" to everything they suggest right. They gave the same excuse, too old, needs to be changed, while giving a stuck-up attitude, as if we owe them. If we are not going to change the parts, they will put back the part and they won't bear any consequences, at the end, we spent another $348 for the parts which was caused by the overheating which the Mechanic, Andy did not check properly and rush to complete the work.

We went there as customers. Yet, we left feeling dignified and let-down at such poor service. We should have checked the feedbacks and reviews given by other customers on Facebook before actually heading to Autobacs.

After the incident, we went to check the reviews and found out that we're not the only ones that got "conned". Sure, you might argue that it's not explicit conning but constantly taking out money to fix the car AFTER the check felt terrible. Why didn't the Mechanic inform us at the first check? They only told us that our car had SO MANY PROBLEM after it broke down AFTER the check and put the blame on us for driving when the water is leaking?

Go ahead, send your car to Autobacs if you want to experience a rollercoaster of emotions. Go ahead, if you feeling rich and wants to be chop on the cutting board like cabbages. Go ahead, if you want to experience the 'BEST' service.

With that being said, that's the last time you'll be seeing us at Autobacs. Good riddance.

Sorry to hear your bad experience at Autobacs.  I have had one experience many years ago when I sent my previous car there for a standard service and after collected my car, I noticed that the brake fluid cap was missing and I have to drive back to get it back  :a-bang: 

Well, we have learnt a lesson and will never bring the car to service at autobac to be cheated by them as they are big organization and need to pay to the employees!!! .......................

Dear Maggie, I do not go there and would not ever consider going Autobacs or Spark for any car service/repair works.

But your story very vague. It could be true that over-heating can be due to a few reasons ........ FYI, even my regular mech has changed my thermostat first (overheating) cos its the cheapest and less time-consuming repair to do. After that it turned out to be the radiator....... Just your luck, but hey damage isn't great. 

Lastly, your words might be construed as Libel unless you have concrete evidence to backup what you said. Recently a forummer was forced to backtrack ............... so think about it.

Dear Maggie, I do not go there and would not ever consider going Autobacs or Spark for any car service/repair works.

But your story very vague. It could be true that over-heating can be due to a few reasons ........ FYI, even my regular mech has changed my thermostat first (overheating) cos its the cheapest and less time-consuming repair to do. After that it turned out to be the radiator....... Just your luck, but hey damage isn't great.

Lastly, your words might be construed as Libel unless you have concrete evidence to backup what you said. Recently a forummer was forced to backtrack ............... so think about it.

I believe I m not the only one that facing these problems, i just want to warn others and not getting any unnecessary treatment from autobac. I shd have raise this matter to CHASE for them to check on autobac. You can see that the damage is not great, but after the service, I have consumed more petrol than usual, I do not know wat have they done, they still wan me to go back for free service to allow them to change n charge further, now I hv to bear all costs n wait for few months will need to change a new car, don think I will wan to drive this car anymore

Sorry to hear your bad experience at Autobacs. I have had one experience many years ago when I sent my previous car there for a standard service and after collected my car, I noticed that the brake fluid cap was missing and I have to drive back to get it back :a-bang:

That is why I m writing in this forum to warn other car owners not to fall in their trap anymore. If I m not wrong few years ago, they are quite good and responsible but as they grew n expand, they become not so professional.

I left one n half yrs to buy new car, I went there thinking one stop for all n it is time to svc e coolen, I m just to ignorant or naive.... too bad paid to buy a bad experience :(

Well, sometime it's paid to learn smarter :(  I am one of them before :)

Agreed!!! So better to keep everyone informed in e forum. Next time search forum on how ppl review abt something based on their experience n not to be cheated any further

Yes. I agreed with maggie. At your own risk to go there servicing. Was recently kena chop when their mechanic said all my wheel disc brake and brake pad is thin. Told me it is not safe. All this is their scare tactics. Told me original honda oem brake pads and branded disc rotors all for $2k.even told me got this branded only as they do not carry other cheap one.

During installation, i was looking and asking what brand is it and whether it looks sporty but kena brushed off n said customer not allowed at servicing area as it is not safe.

In the end, it just looked like normal brake rotor not exactly matches the price being paid. I asked for the brand and to indicate in the receipt. The mechanic don't even know what brand they carry and need to ask around. And told me that it is TRW and it is from Japan. You can google check that it is from US.

• Praise 1

You may try Stamford Tyre at Bukit Batok, Mid-view Building.

Yes, I recommend them as well.. Just went there this week to check Brake warning & they found rear drum brake leaking in 5 minutes. I decided to give them business & replaced the front brakes & rotor as well.. Quite young chaps but honest & knowledgeable.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1