Battery Brand You Use For Your Car?

kobayashiGT

What battery brand do you use for your car?   

88 members have voted

1. 1. What battery brand do you use for your car?

• Amaron
    • Bosch
    • Boliden
    • Trane
    • Fiamm
    • Exide
    • GS Yuasa
    • Globatt
    • Varta

Internal Moderator

Hi Guys, Like to find out from you guys that which battery brand is the consumer's choice. Kindly share with me the battery you are using and maybe why did you choose that battery! (:  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Currently GS Yuasa (Stock). Will change to Bosch S4 once this goes Kaput!!! My previous car also Bosch S4 and am very happy about the life and performance of it.

• Praise 2

Bosch.

Read positive reviews about their batteries and within my budget (ie, cheap). 

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Amaron, Made in India (dark green ver.). Tok kong lifespan (>4 years), withstand high heat in our tropical climate.

What is made in India? As in the whole battery made in India?

I use stock or OEM brand.

I use Varta, hoppecke, bosch or anyone with IATF16949 if I have a choice. These batteries need to comply to the OE requirements in order to perform with quality and good engineering.

yes, dark green was old packaging for Amaron. Batt made in india.

current packaging is brighter green, source can be from India or PRC.

I use Varta, hoppecke, bosch or anyone with IATF16949 if I have a choice. These batteries need to comply to the OE requirements in order to perform with quality and good engineering.

Which other brands comply with TS16949 or ISO standards?

We all know that automotive makers like Volkswagen or Audi don't manufacture batteries themselves.

Which other brands comply with TS16949 or ISO standards?

We all know that automotive makers like Volkswagen or Audi don't manufacture batteries themselves.

ISO/TS16949:2009 is now replaced by IATF16949:2016

VW and Audi don't manufacture batteries. They source them readily from the market. The common suppliers that pass the VW Formel Q sourcing network which consists also of the IATF16949:2016 (VDA6.1) are brands like Varta and Bosch. You will see Varta and bosch very close to the VAG demands. Just use back the recommended specs as per OE because the cars are designed with consideration of many aspects aftermarket won't have access to those info. Check the OE part number and cross reference to the right one in the market.

yes, dark green was old packaging for Amaron. Batt made in india.

current packaging is brighter green, source can be from India or PRC.

Which part of the battery is made in india?

VW and Audi don't manufacture batteries. They source them readily from the market. The common suppliers that pass the VW Formel Q sourcing network which consists also of the IATF16949:2016 (VDA6.1) are brands like Varta and Bosch. You will see Varta and bosch very close to the VAG demands. Just use back the recommended specs as per OE because the cars are designed with consideration of many aspects aftermarket won't have access to those info. Check the OE part number and cross reference to the right one in the market.

What are the recommended specs for batteries?

What are the recommended specs for batteries?

Follow the OE you have been offered. You can check with the Tecdoc program.

Otherwise, take your chassis number and go to YF or XZ and give it to them. Insist on VARTA or BOSCH or magneti marelli or

Hoppeck or the likes. Remember the chassis number of yours is the DNA number that will help you get the right parts. I use my chassis number too. But batteries are pretty standard items, hard to cock it up.

Bro, I tell u the batt is made in india, y u keep harping on the technicalities?

When I get the battery, I look at the label on it that says where it's made, full stop.

If ur questioning direction is akin to Honda cars with MIJ parts but are assembled in Thailand that kind of thing, then sorry I can't help u.

I'm just a layman - providing my opinion of what has worked for me so far.

Quoting what ISO la, IATF all that...mai lai la...I oso not batt expert or sales-person.

To me I just know when I crank and the car comes to life consistently over the course of X # of days, months or years, the batt is good enough for me!

Edited by Mits_jc
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

I google around and notice that IATF16949:2016 is like an ISO system.

I may be outdated, but I've done a ISO9001 system ( implemented, audited, passed) long time ago. It is a SYSTEM. It likes to provide end-consumer some kind of "continuing quality improvement", but it doesn't guarantee anything, anything in hard numbers.

It doesn't guarantee your battery will not fail in X months. Or when it fails, the system may provide, "oh..back to the drawing board for "better" improvement"

Ok, I know I will get whacked for undermining a SYSTEM. [laugh]

For me, a "good" or "bad" battery is simply field data.

How many of one or such and such a brand fail more than others in a period of time.

But of cuz, this is all very subjective.

I like being able to be subjective. [:p]

Supersonic

We need standards, yes.

Standards in dimensions, height, width, length, post size, etc.

Specifics, that will allow any manufacturers battery to fit in any car battery tray, wiring and terminals.

As a battery seller, I find some weird design somewhere.

Some car manf like to do something special that only their own sourced battery can fit.

Is it to protect their own "market", so you have no choice but to buy from them or their dealers ?

As to quality and longevity of batteries, it's a free market.

Everyone tries to make a relatively lasting battery.

Cost and distribution is a big factor.

You can make the "best" battery, but it's probably too expensive and no one will buy.

You can make the longest lasting battery, but it'll probably kill your own business, when no one is changing out batteries.

So, somewhere in-between, cost, performance, and perceptions, are all we get, which battery is good, which is not.

• Praise 1