2017 Opel Crossland X

DACH

Opel Singapore has just launched the new Crossland X.

Launch Price at SGD102,888.

Probably replacing the Mokka X.

http://www.opel.com.sg/vehicles/opel-range/cars/crossland-x/index.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw6ZLOBRALEiwAxzyCW1ILCXQTrvI_kHyJxhRfIt6y_wjbCpR6qwbymj0Xb-sgO2ZzG9zHMBoC438QAvD_BwE

https://www.carzone.ie/reviews/new-car-reviews/Opel/Crossland-X/2017/548/

Farewell to Opel ’s family favourite, the Meriva, and hello to the car that replaces it for 2017, the Crossland X . The new Crossland X takes aim at popular cars like the Nissan Juke and Renault's Captur, and it blends downscaled SUV looks with impressive levels of interior space. It’s also the first Opel to be built under the German manufacturer’s merge with Peugeot PSA, so it is based on the same platform as the latest Peugeot 2008. We recently took the Crossland X for a week-long test drive on Irish roads to see if has the recipe for success in an increasingly competitive corner of the market.

2018-opel-crossland-x-0.jpg

The Crossland X shares many styling similarities the popular Opel Mokka X SUV, although it isn’t as rugged from the outside. Features like the front grille and rear lights are recognisable from other cars in Opel ’s range, while its raised ride height and tall bumpers lend it an SUV stance. Choice of specification in Ireland consists of two models, SC and SE, while the base specification SC gets 16-inch alloy wheels and distinctive LED daytime running lights as standard. Our test car is a higher specification SE model, so it gains larger 17-inch alloy wheels and dark tinted windows.

Opel%E2%80%99s-new-Crossland-X-is-a-Mokk

The Crossland X is more spacious inside than you would expect, with excellent head and leg room for front and rear seat passengers. Space in the rear is particularly impressive due to the flat floor, and boot space is respectable at 410 litres, trump rivals like the Nissan Juke. There is also an optional versatility pack which allows the rear seat bench to slide forwards and backwards and further increases boot space. The driving position is high which means it offers a commanding view of the road, and there’s enough support from the seats for comfort during longer drives.

The quality of the plastics throughout the cabin is mostly good, but they are scratchy in certain areas such as beneath the steering wheel and lower doors. It’s nice to note that all Crossland X models have a user-friendly 7-inch colour touchscreen system in the centre of the dashboard as standard, incorporating Opel ’s Intellilink system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Also included is Opel ’s OnStar with a Wi-Fi hotspot, roadside assistance call out and lots of other features too, so it's fair to say that the Crossland X is more connected and smartphone-friendly than many of its rivals.

opel_crossland_x_24.jpg

6464853-vauxhall-crossland-x-first-drive

The Crossland X is available with either a 1.2-litre petrol engine available in two different states of tune (81hp or 110hp), or a larger 1.6-litre CDTi diesel engine in 99hp or 120hp variants. We drove the 120hp 1.6 CDTi diesel with a six-speed-manual gearbox and it offers an ideal mix of performance and economy. 0-100km/h is possible in under ten seconds and it cruises confidently at motorway speeds, while we covered over 600 kilometres of driving in the midlands and managed 5-litres per 100 kilometres of driving in fuel economy (56MPG). 

Crossland-X-fuel-economy_trans_NvBQzQNjv

The Crossland X has an accommodating suspension setup which means it is comfortable out on the road, but it isn’t very agile through corners. Light steering helps during parking, but again, there is little feedback from the steering when cornering. This is unlikely to affect family buyers who will value comfort over driving dynamics. Despite its SUV looks, the Crossland X isn’t available with four-wheel-drive, but the front-wheel-drive setup offers sufficial amounts of grip.

Family buyers will appreciate standard safety features such as lane departure warning, traffic sign recognition, rear parking sensors and hill start assist. Our test car has desirable optional extras such as a panoramic sunroof, front parking sensors and Opel ’s lighting pack, but the asking price is bumped up accordingly and it can get expensive quickly.

The Crossland X is a worthy successor to the Opel Meriva MPV, bringing more style and desirability than its predecessor. Family buyers will appreciate the Crossland’s generous interior space, along with the strong serving of standard equipment. That said, it feels and looks very similar to the latest Opel Mokka X, so differentiating between the two models can be confusing, and it also isn’t as fun to drive as some of its more-established rivals, such as the Peugeot 2008. Taking all things into account, the Crossland X makes for a well-priced alternative to cars like the Nissan Juke with best-in-class space and practicality.

ople_crossland_x_diesel_19.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Its Opel's version of the Peugeot 3008. Only with less interesting styling and a derivative Opel dashboard instead of 3008's remarkable one. The drive ain't great according to reviews.

This marks the beginning to the end of Opel as an independent car maker. Henceforth all Opels will use PSA platforms and drivetrains and systems. Its a sad day for car lovers - one less choice, one less flavour.

• Praise 2

So Opel is now a French car?

Opel is now owned by PSA group which makes it now Europe's 2nd largest carmaker by sales in Europe.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-opel-m-a-psa/psa-moves-swiftly-to-stamp-authority-on-opel-vauxhall-idUSKBN1AH39W

Crossland X shares the same PF1 platform as the 2008 and Citroen C3 .

Grandland X shares the same EMP2 platform as the 3008 and Citroen C4.

Looks like many cars now shares the same platform like Q2, Tiguan, Ateca and Kodiag on the MQB platform, etc.

• Praise 2

French-owned.

The Astra and Insignia will be the last of the real German Opels.

But the Astra is closely related to the Chevrolet Cruze and the Insignia to the Buick Regal. So there's also debate as to how "German" these cars really are.

• Praise 1

But the Astra is closely related to the Chevrolet Cruze and the Insignia to the Buick Regal. So there's also debate as to how "German" these cars really are.

Opel is part of GM. Astra and Insignia were designed in Germany, and the cars were subsequently adopted by the other GM brands like Chevy, Holden, Vauxhall, Buick etc.
  • Praise 1

1.2litre with 81bhp. This car gonna be a guzzler and super underpowered considering it's size and weight.

Probably another Nissan qq that's underpowered but you get the space. Can't imagine driving this with a full load.

• Praise 1

1.2litre with 81bhp. This car gonna be a guzzler and super underpowered considering it's size and weight.

Probably another Nissan qq that's underpowered but you get the space. Can't imagine driving this with a full load.

Is a 1.2L Turbo with 200Nm of torque. The same engine brought over from Peugeot

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 1

at this launch price it will sway buyers with a budget over from 3008....

its ok its practical and its got basic tech all in....and looks like it will come with collision detection also

Opel together with AG were very aggressive to push 20 new models by 2020.....hopefully PSA follows up with this plan.

anyway nowadays really see alot of new astras on the road and in carparks....slowly becoming popular

• Praise 1

Just became a new owner of a Crossland X! Was thinking of getting either the Vezel or the Crossland and was pleasantly surprised to hear that Crossland price is actually lower than Vezel. Went for a test drive and for the price I got(89K), I would say it's very well equipped. Comes with lane departure warning, start stop, auto dimming rear mirror, auto folding side mirror, 6 airbags, DRL, and more. The 5 star Euro NCAP rating was what won me over as well as it will be my family car. OMV is above 21k, which means my yearly depreciation is slightly less than 8k. Managed to get extra freebies from my SE as well. 

Size wise, it looked the same when I parked next to my colleague who drives a HRV. Still on my first tank of fuel and average about 6.9l/100km for my driving which is about 70% highway. Pick up is surprisingly perky for a 1.2l car, but so far I find that the cabin is nosier compared to my previous car. Got the quantum grey colour car. Anyone here are also crossland owners?

Edited by Shuaige12345
  • Praise 1

Just became a new owner of a Crossland X! Was thinking of getting either the Vezel or the Crossland and was pleasantly surprised to hear that Crossland price is actually lower than Vezel. Went for a test drive and for the price I got(89K), I would say it's very well equipped. Comes with lane departure warning, start stop, auto dimming rear mirror, auto folding side mirror, 6 airbags, DRL, and more. The 5 star Euro NCAP rating was what won me over as well as it will be my family car. OMV is above 21k, which means my yearly depreciation is slightly less than 8k. Managed to get extra freebies from my SE as well.

Size wise, it looked the same when I parked next to my colleague who drives a HRV. Still on my first tank of fuel and average about 6.9l/100km for my driving which is about 70% highway. Pick up is surprisingly perky for a 1.2l car, but so far I find that the cabin is nosier compared to my previous car. Got the quantum grey colour car. Anyone here are also crossland owners?

Hi shuaige12345. I just got mine over the weekend during the expo sale. Care to share what are the freebies u got?
  • Praise 1

Hi shuaige12345. I just got mine over the weekend during the expo sale. Care to share what are the freebies u got?

Didn’t get much freebies as I went for the classic package. Managed to get leather seats thrown in as well. But more importantly, my SE managed to help me get a very good deal for my old car. Have you collected your car? There’s a FB group newly set up for Opel SUV owners... do join in if interested. Hope to see more crosslands on the roads soon!

Didn’t get much freebies as I went for the classic package. Managed to get leather seats thrown in as well. But more importantly, my SE managed to help me get a very good deal for my old car. Have you collected your car? There’s a FB group newly set up for Opel SUV owners... do join in if interested. Hope to see more crosslands on the roads soon!

Hi Shuaige. Thanks for the reply. Sure, will add the group once I get the car end of this month. My friends and family has been asking, why the hell I bought Opel. Cause its a stigma, that conti cars are expensive. Have you had any problems so far? 

I got 5 yrs warranty and 5 yrs servicing. And I got mine at 94k. 

Hi Shuaige. Thanks for the reply. Sure, will add the group once I get the car end of this month. My friends and family has been asking, why the hell I bought Opel. Cause its a stigma, that conti cars are expensive. Have you had any problems so far? 

I got 5 yrs warranty and 5 yrs servicing. And I got mine at 94k. 

So far so good. Did my 1k servicing and everything is fine. It's a more agile car compared to my previous MPV and pick up is not bad and it's pretty quiet once you cruise on highways. Can live with the start-stop function as well as it doesn't tremble as badly compared to Mazda 3 when I test drove the car.

The main reasons why I decided to go for it was the 5 stars Euro Ncap ratings as well as the good FC. A lot of cars have 5 stars rating, but their airbags would be reduced to 2 only when sold in Singapore. Ours is not stripped down. The amount of equipment at the price point I paid for also can't be matched by other cars. 

Have clocked 1.3k mileage so far. My FC reading on the meter is 6.5l per 100km. Did my own measurement by dividing the total distance traveled by the past 3 full tanks of petrol amount. Real time FC is 14.9km per litre, which is not too far from the meter readings.

The only drawback is that I can't find much accessories as the model is quite new. Have to indent from Opel accessories Europe and while I have not found out the pricing locally, seems like their accessories are not that cheap when sold in Italy. Hopefully, can find more Crosslanders and do mass buys in our FB group next time. 

Next time we can all meet for supper together somewhere. =)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1