Lotus Spark Plug

Acewin

Hi Everyone,

Anyone driving Latio/Sylphy1.5 who has use Lotus Long Life Spark Plug please provide your feedback.

Went for servicing and W/S recommended Lotus Spark Plug instead of the Denso Iridium spark plug. Cost is only 1/3 of the Denso Iridium but I am seeking feedback from anyone whom have use or heard of this Lotus Spark Plug before please any feedback is welcome. 

Thanks

Edited by Lightsabre
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

lotus could be buying from denso, check the marking on the plug

I have seen the packaging the brand is Lotus Spark Plug looks is swee swee but don't know once install will my G11 engine like it?

"Lian Huay" brand spark plug?  I thought they only make joss sticks [:p]

Ok, neber heard of this brand.  For plugs, best to use original plugs IMO.  Otherwise, stick to good brands like Bosch, NGK, and many say DENSO for jap cars.

• Praise 1

"Lian Huay" brand spark plug?  I thought they only make joss sticks [:p]

Ok, neber heard of this brand.  For plugs, best to use original plugs IMO.  Otherwise, stick to good brands like Bosch, NGK, and many say DENSO for jap cars.

Hi Bro,

I like your 'Lian Huay" plug phrase hoping my G11 is willing to accept it.

Anyway can see the link

http://www.lotusplug.com/

Hi Everyone,

Anyone driving Latio/Sylphy1.5 who has use Lotus Long Life Spark Plug please provide your feedback.

Went for servicing and W/S recommended Lotus Spark Plug instead of the Denso Iridium spark plug. Cost is only 1/3 of the Denso Iridium but I am seeking feedback from anyone whom have use or heard of this Lotus Spark Plug before please any feedback is welcome. 

Thanks

http://www.lotusplug.com/

Edited by Acewin

looks like china lotus....

I still will go for denso  / NGK / bosch for avante

Hi Keithchue,

Why I am tempted to try cause its $88 (Include installation) as compared to $240 for Denso Iridium.

Hi Keithchue,

Why I am tempted to try cause its $88 (Include installation) as compared to $240 for Denso Iridium.

most likely they are an OEM, so have own brand. 

$88 is for Iridium ? Spark Plugs can last very long, Iridium prob 80-100k km ? I wouldn't do it tbh. I usually just get copper plugs and change every year or so

most likely they are an OEM, so have own brand. 

$88 is for Iridium ? Spark Plugs can last very long, Iridium prob 80-100k km ? I wouldn't do it tbh. I usually just get copper plugs and change every year or so

I was told $88 is for Lotus Long Life can last for 60K.

I was told $88 is for Lotus Long Life can last for 60K.

Hi Acewin,

All spark plug can last - only concern is the performance is still there or not ?

If they says last 60K - safer to use till 45K and start to change in next servicing. 

Denso guarantee that can last till 100K but performance drop when it reached 65-75K mark

"Lian Huay" brand spark plug? I thought they only make joss sticks [:p]

Ok, neber heard of this brand. For plugs, best to use original plugs IMO. Otherwise, stick to good brands like Bosch, NGK, and many say DENSO for jap cars.

Yes agreed. Use only manufacturer recommend plugs. Many many fakes and crap plugs about. A copper plugs can easily last 30k km and platinum or iridium type easily 100k km.

Many are penny wise pound foolish to stinge on plugs

Edited by Mkl22

I change all 4 spark plugs every servicing at 10,000km intervals.. Only about $30 for 4 normal denso spark plugs..never use iridium before. Is iridium provides alot better in performance?

I think Latio use iridium because access is from the back

and very time consuming to change and that's why they

don't use copper if I remember correctly.

:D

I would stick to Denso, NGK or Bosch. 

The earned their reputation.

Spark plug gives out spark. That's it.

Do a blind test on a SP with 90k and a brand new set, chances are you would not be able to tell the difference.

my friend once told me, to light the fuse of a stick of dynamite, use lighter or use flame thrower, the dynamite will give the same bang

The power of the engine came from the air/fuel charge, not the spark that lighted it up

• Praise 1

Personally use ngk. Lian Huay brand later the porcelain chip n jiggle inside the cylinder then u know. Surely denso or ngk are not so ex?

TS driving an il4 engine right? So hard to reach?

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 1

Hi Keithchue,

I think 88-240 is a cause of concern for me.

↡ Advertisement