Anybody else tried Meta Oil 5W40?

singaporego

Saw this new brand made in Singapore in Carousell recently and decided to try. Bought 2 bottles and got my workshop friend to change for a small labor cost.So far after a week all good. Went back and bought 2 more bottles to standby. Apparently the boss said they are doing some soft launch promo price now and will be selling off the shelves in supermarkets soon. When asked him if price will increase he just said enjoy the promo price first.

4L bottle fully synthetic api sn/sm $17.90 

mtm53a.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 5

Did you buy? Care to share if the oil is legit?

buy what? you mean turtle oil? use before on old car when left few months wanna scrap the car off. i would say just any cheap oil can tahan a few months before scrap.

buy what? you mean turtle oil? use before on old car when left few months wanna scrap the car off. i would say just any cheap oil can tahan a few months before scrap.

As in this Meta oil. Turtle oil now 24.90 in giant so looking for cheaper alternatives to tahan for the next 1.5 years

• Dislike 2

As in this Meta oil. Turtle oil now 24.90 in giant so looking for cheaper alternatives to tahan for the next 1.5 years

nope never buy Meta oil before. not sure of it reliability

Supercharged

wow tried just this oil on my audi, gear change feels damn smooth now. All at a fraction of the usual fuchs/motul/castrol oil :a-m1212:

you pour engine oil into the gearbox?
  • Praise 1

I tried this oil on my Civic 1.8, about 2000km, FC from (previous Shell Oil) 12.5km/L to near 13km/L, significantly improved 

If the fuel economy improves, then it is likely to be a thinner grade of oil that allows the pistons to move more easily.  I'm concerned whether the oil breaks down easily if used for 10,000 km.

In addition, there are some car workshops that charge only $60 for very basic car servicing that includes Shell Ultra Helix 5W40 and oil filter.  The engine oil itself has a market value of about $35, so these workshops seem to be value for money.

I'm thinking of utilizing the saving to do serious maintenance like changing spark plugs or cleaning the oxygen sensor more regularly etc.

↡ Advertisement