Reporting Traffic Offence on TP Website

Aventador

1) Anyone made an online report regarding Traffic Offence before? what happens after submitting online?

does the Traffic Police call you - and after how long?

what they require and what was the outcome?

2) In what situations will you bother to make a report to the Traffic Police? or will you close one eye for everything?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I usually report reckless behaviour that almost cause severe injury or death by inches. in other words the really jialat kind.

• Praise 2

After a few days, they will auto-reply with a Case Ref and Officer details. 

Your Ref : 20180322-XXXX Our Ref : APV/18/XXXX Date : 24 Mar 2018

Dear Sir / Madam,

CASE : NON-ACCIDENT TRAFFIC VIOLATION ON : 22 Mar 2018
Thank you for your feedback dated 22/03/18.   2 Traffic Police will look into the matter and take appropriate action thereafter.   3 Please contact Investigation Officer XXX at telephone number XXXXXXX should you require any clarification.

Yours faithfully,

INVESTIGATION BRANCH
TRAFFIC POLICE   (This is a computer-generated message to acknowledge receipt of your submission. Please do not respond to this email.)

• Praise 1

After a few days, they will auto-reply with a Case Ref and Officer details. 

Your Ref : 20180322-XXXX Our Ref : APV/18/XXXX Date : 24 Mar 2018

so recently you just made a report

what was the offence that make you report?

Typically, the IO won't contact you to let you know the outcome of the case unless the other car and you were involved in an accident.

Otherwise they will not reveal the penalties given to the other party. I know this because I specifically asked for an update on the outcome of a particular investigation but the IO emailed to say it's confidential  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Typically, the IO won't contact you to let you know the outcome of the case unless the other car and you were involved in an accident.

Otherwise they will not reveal the penalties given to the other party. I know this because I specifically asked for an update on the outcome of a particular investigation but the IO emailed to say it's confidential  [laugh]

what was your case about?

did they ask you for more info/evidence after the online submission?

Turbocharged

same, they won't reveal, corresponded with an IO before for a report I made

what was your case about?

did they ask you for more info/evidence after the online submission?

usually clear cut cases, like with video clip attached, they will just assess and issue the summon accordingly, won't ask for more info. 

usually clear cut cases, like with video clip attached, they will just assess and issue the summon accordingly, won't ask for more info. 

you managed to attach video clip? seems video files are too big?

You need to down-size the attachment. Just highlight in the report that higher res is available if needed. 

So far, only 1 IO had approached me to ask for the higher res video. 

Other than that, usually get the standard response.

• Praise 1

So far, only 1 IO had approached me to ask for the higher res video. 

Other than that, usually get the standard response.

more than 1 IO deal with you? wa you submit how many reports? what type of issues you feedback?

1) Anyone made an online report regarding Traffic Offence before? what happens after submitting online?

2) In what situations will you bother to make a report to the Traffic Police? or will you close one eye for everything?

1) Yes. Usually 1 week to 1 month. They will never reveal the outcome of their investigation.

2) Those who cause me to take evasive action or queue cutting. If does not affect me, I will not report. If happens in front of me, sure to report.

Just reported one bugger yesterday morning for cutting queue.

post-2654-0-86136500-1522136043_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Just reported one bugger yesterday morning for cutting queue.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180327-SGT8183P left turn from center lane.jpg

i wonder do they penalise for queue cutting? what offence does it fall under? got demerit points?

anyone kenna before?

I see the cairnhill CTE exit, turn right to scotts road before the ERP gantry, always got hero do that

Turbocharged

i think they can't accept mp4, i convert to avi. smaller in size

i wonder do they penalise for queue cutting? what offence does it fall under? got demerit points?

anyone kenna before?

I see the cairnhill CTE exit, turn right to scotts road before the ERP gantry, always got hero do that

likely Forming up incorrectly when turning left or right. 4 points $120

• Praise 2

if there are vague areas of the incident OR if TP sees it as one sided report, he/she may contact you for a longer version of the video or more details.

However, they will only say action has been taken when you call them. They will never say WHAT was the action.

In some cases, it will be an advisory note to the person who drove recklessly into your path.

anyone kenna before?

I doubt so. Else very busy vetting people with minor dispute who "stole" your right to a parking space.

[laugh]

I still like the Malaysian part of the causeway where queue jumper are not frowned upon because of its being a revenue generator during holidays.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Anyone has the exact TP weblink to make traffic offence report?

I thought I did it right but the TP reverted that I’d submitted to their feedback unit instead

anyone kenna before?

Huh? Demerit points for queue cutting?
↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1