Windscreen coating

Discoburg

Anyone have any good recommendations? Seems like i seldom use the wipers but yet have to apply the windscreen coating every 3-4 months.

↡ Advertisement

Came to ceramic works to have my windscreen coating removed and re-coated. Glad that the coating is sprayed on type and not apply and spread to coat.

Thanks post-3626-0-95213000-1522306363_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 1

I usually DIY my windscreen coating. Every 3-4 months too. Doesn't take a lot of effort. Just apply and wipe off with a clean cloth.

Good morning bro. I also used to DIY. However I have to do so every Saturday. What product do you use?

(edited)

I'm using xpert 60 Liquid Shield. I tried several products for windscreen coating and came to a conclusion that this liquid shield last me the longest. In fact, a reputable brand S***x lasted about half the duration compared to this liquid shield.

post-138980-0-06092800-1522634129_thumb.jpg

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 2

Buy from Stamford tyres?

Nope.. Buy online from this website. The rest of their products are quite crappy. Only this liquid shield can be used for glass. My grp of friends and I whom tried out several body coating products, find their body protection products one of the lousiest.

Mods: Hope I'm not infringing any advertisement rights. If I am, kindly remove this post.

(edited)

Thought this is more for paintwork rather than glass?

I thought so too.. I did try it on paintwork and it is a pretty crappy product. In their video demo, it can also be used on glass, so I tried it on glass. To my surprise, it lasted me longest compared to other reputable brands. Comparison is done by coating the driver side of the windscreen with 2 different products and see how long each will last. The winner of the comparison will then be subjected to a "challenger" product and this goes on with another 4 products.

Edited by Buadongdong

For sit cause super to judder?

I thought so too.. I did try it on paintwork and it is a pretty crappy product. In their video demo, it can also be used on glass, so I tried it on glass. To my surprise, it lasted me longest compared to other reputable brands. Comparison is done by coating the driver side of the windscreen with 2 different products and see how long each will last. The winner of the comparison will then be subjected to a "challenger" product and this goes on with another 4 products.

For sit cause super to judder?

Yah.. See which judder first and which layer deteriorates first and have those oily films formed first. It is compared only at the driver side because the driver side will have the same wiper blade throughout the usage. So the wiper conditions are as close as they can be, to make a comparison

Yah.. See which judder first and which layer deteriorates first and have those oily films formed first. It is compared only at the driver side because the driver side will have the same wiper blade throughout the usage. So the wiper conditions are as close as they can be, to make a comparison

Sorry I had a typo. I mean does it cause the wiper to judder?

Sorry I had a typo. I mean does it cause the wiper to judder?

So far no. The oily film will always appear first and I know its time for a re-coat.

Do you happen to have the link to this website that you are talking about?

Nope.. Buy online from this website. The rest of their products are quite crappy. Only this liquid shield can be used for glass. My grp of friends and I whom tried out several body coating products, find their body protection products one of the lousiest.

Mods: Hope I'm not infringing any advertisement rights. If I am, kindly remove this post.

Neutral Newbie

First time see coat the glass by spraying. wont the rest of the body/wiper kena the coating? nv cover?  gave up on all this windscreen coating everytime i see wiper jutter my heart jutter too  [laugh]  feel irritated . i rather wipe weekly myself.

Came to ceramic works to have my windscreen coating removed and re-coated. Glad that the coating is sprayed on type and not apply and spread to coat.

Thanks attachicon.gifC6931230-8263-42D4-9DE1-2DDDB6B6DB09.jpeg

Other parts Kena is ok cause it’s casically coating. The spraying part is for an even coat on the windscreen.

I just hate it when some part of the coating is gone and can see marks of the wiper on the screen.

First time see coat the glass by spraying. wont the rest of the body/wiper kena the coating? nv cover? gave up on all this windscreen coating everytime i see wiper jutter my heart jutter too [laugh] feel irritated . i rather wipe weekly myself.

↡ Advertisement