Volvo IW03V-N23 HD Link

Tommisan

Hi,

Have any of the Volvo owners installed the HD Link IW03V-N23?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDoizlKbT7c

https://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/863470/file/HDLINK-VOLVO-manual.pdf

Would like to know your feedback (pros and cons) from all Volvo owners, though particularly for S60 owners.

Thank you and appreciate your feedback.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

Have any of the Volvo owners installed the HD Link IW03V-N23?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDoizlKbT7c

https://car-solutions.com/nfs/product/863470/file/HDLINK-VOLVO-manual.pdf

Would like to know your feedback (pros and cons) from all Volvo owners, though particularly for S60 owners.

Thank you and appreciate your feedback.

looks good .. yours comes with a 7" LCD?

looks good .. yours comes with a 7" LCD?

Yes, 7” LCD. Am contemplating of purchasing it and installing. Just would like to hear it first hand from those who might have installed it.

Waste money lah... just stick a $3 magnetic mount and it is faster to mount/dismount.  An you have 2 screens instead of only 1, with one (the phone!) being touch screen.

Very le ceh to plug and unplug the micro USB to the phone every time going into the car.

Waste money lah... just stick a $3 magnetic mount and it is faster to mount/dismount.  An you have 2 screens instead of only 1, with one (the phone!) being touch screen.

Very le ceh to plug and unplug the micro USB to the phone every time going into the car.

Hi,

In the current setup, there is no other option of playing video via the screen other than via dvd source. And I do not have the nav package in the car.

I would like the possibility of playing video via the phone as I am equipped with a wifi router for video streaming.

The next step will be to add an overhead screen for the back passengers. Hence am considering this HD link box..

Another option will be just to mount an Ipad for the same purpose. However, with the hd link box, I intend to achieve these displays:

1. Nav screen via phone link

2. Streaming video on screen via wifi

3. Reverse cam, view on screen while reversing

4. Front cam on screen

5. Lastly explore media player box with the hdmi connection. By using the cig socket, I can run DC power to AC power the media player. This is just for long distance trip.

Just something I am very interested to explore.

Hi,

In the current setup, there is no other option of playing video via the screen other than via dvd source. And I do not have the nav package in the car.

I would like the possibility of playing video via the phone as I am equipped with a wifi router for video streaming.

The next step will be to add an overhead screen for the back passengers. Hence am considering this HD link box..

Another option will be just to mount an Ipad for the same purpose. However, with the hd link box, I intend to achieve these displays:

4. Front cam on screen

5. Lastly explore media player box with the hdmi connection. By using the cig socket, I can run DC power to AC power the media player. This is just for long distance trip.

sounds cool but do note that if your ride is still under warranty, it may void your warranty as AD is pretty strict 

btw PM-ed you.

I think having a wifi dongle which could share data to all mobile devices will solve your problems and it cost lesser too. 

Hi,

4. Front cam on screen

Time has changed, now everyone prefers playing with their own phones.  Mine has screens at the back - no one turns it on!

Also it is illegal to watch video while driving, not to mention it is outright dangerous and irresponsible.  From experience, my previous and current car has navigation, but I prefer to have the car screen displaying radio/media info etc and a seperate handphone for navigation.  Of course also because the navi maps are outdated.

One solution for reverse cam is those LCD rear view mirrors.  Some are even android-based, so practically a mobile phone/tablet by itself.

Whatever you do, enjoy your mods!

Time has changed, now everyone prefers playing with their own phones.  Mine has screens at the back - no one turns it on!

Also it is illegal to watch video while driving, not to mention it is outright dangerous and irresponsible.  From experience, my previous and current car has navigation, but I prefer to have the car screen displaying radio/media info etc and a seperate handphone for navigation.  Of course also because the navi maps are outdated.

One solution for reverse cam is those LCD rear view mirrors.  Some are even android-based, so practically a mobile phone/tablet by itself.

Whatever you do, enjoy your mods!

My kids are still young, I have not allowed them to have a phone. 

The front screen is for watching while car is stationary, not on the move. Like you said, the nav. map has to be updated to be useful and hence mobile phone nav. maps are quite useful in that context.

Do understand from Strat that the car is under warranty and this would be kind of risky to do. I will only be installing once I am 100% certain of the installation works.

Yes, I do take abit of risk, but I would rather do it now then wait to do it 3 years later.

Thanks for all the advice!

↡ Advertisement