Brake Pads

Hi guys,

Anyone can recommend where can I change my front brake pads? I believe they need to be replaced. My car is Honda Civic FD4.

And my tyres are producing sounds when I drive at higher speed. Normally the sounds will come out when I drive above 80/90km/h. Is it because it needed to do tyre rotation or alignment? Please share the info if you know. Thank you so much

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i suggest you go stockist and buy the brake pads than ask workshop to install for you. 

are you sure the sound is from tyres and not wheel bearing noise?

• Praise 1

Simi sound? Troubleshooting based on sound is not easy. Somemore your description is so vague. Yours is accelerate to 90km/hr got sound why does it got to do with brake pads?

One thing to do is not anyhow tikum and say brake pads to the mechanic. Not all mechanics are good ppl. You tell them brake pads they will replace them for you. They dun care still got sound or not.

"You tell me it's the brake pads so I change them lo." Based on what you say coz you are the boss.

Your problem not fixed and you go back to them they will continue to [knife] you into little pieces.

Just say there are noise coming from wherever at this speed. Go take a drive with the mechanic if he's available.

• Praise 2

Actually you can check the pads by looking thru your rims. Unless you are using those wheel cap type.. Any workshop can do the change job, quite straightforward.

• Praise 1

Ppl are often too lazy to read and browse the internet they expect instant answers from forums. Even if you expect instant answers you also need to write something descriptive so that ppl can at least understand. There are so many words you can use to describe a noise.

Supersonic

Hi guys,

Anyone can recommend where can I change my front brake pads? I believe they need to be replaced. My car is Honda Civic FD4.

And my tyres are producing sounds when I drive at higher speed. Normally the sounds will come out when I drive above 80/90km/h. Is it because it needed to do tyre rotation or alignment? Please share the info if you know. Thank you so much

best go 2 a reliable ws n hav e guys there chk it out.....

i had some sound issue similar 2 urs not too long ago...as i drive faster e sound gets louder. end up brought 2 a ws to chk, e mech test drv w me to single out e "noise"..end up is wheel bearing worn....

civic wheel bearing worn is pretty common. around 100k need to change. i did mine in jb so its significantly cheaper.

Turbocharged

TS is asking 2 separate things.

1) Which workshop recommended to change brake pad.

2) There is sound coming from the wheels when travelling above 90km/h.

• Praise 1

i suggest you go stockist and buy the brake pads than ask workshop to install for you. 

are you sure the sound is from tyres and not wheel bearing noise?

Well i'm not sure bro..it's just when I speed up, I can hear a sound coming from behind..the faster I go, the louder the sound. So I thought is it because my tyres need alignment or rotation.

• Praise 2

Simi sound? Troubleshooting based on sound is not easy. Somemore your description is so vague. Yours is accelerate to 90km/hr got sound why does it got to do with brake pads?

One thing to do is not anyhow tikum and say brake pads to the mechanic. Not all mechanics are good ppl. You tell them brake pads they will replace them for you. They dun care still got sound or not.

"You tell me it's the brake pads so I change them lo." Based on what you say coz you are the boss.

Your problem not fixed and you go back to them they will continue to [knife] you into little pieces.

Just say there are noise coming from wherever at this speed. Go take a drive with the mechanic if he's available.

I assume brake pads coz last 2 servicing, the mechanic ever mention that my brake pads next time might need to change so since it was like a year ago, I thought may be it's time to change. But the sound that I mention, i do not assume it's from brake pads..actually I don't know what is that, that's why I ask here, and what I know, is it because my tyres need alignment or rotation.

But thanks man for your input, I agree what you say.

Hypersonic

Well i'm not sure bro..it's just when I speed up, I can hear a sound coming from behind..the faster I go, the louder the sound. So I thought is it because my tyres need alignment or rotation.

I also have the same sound.

The faster I go the louder the noise is.

That's the exhaust pipe.

The other source when I go faster and the louder it get

is my MIL in the back seat.

:D  

• Praise 5

best go 2 a reliable ws n hav e guys there chk it out.....

i had some sound issue similar 2 urs not too long ago...as i drive faster e sound gets louder. end up brought 2 a ws to chk, e mech test drv w me to single out e "noise"..end up is wheel bearing worn....

Thank you bro for your info

civic wheel bearing worn is pretty common. around 100k need to change. i did mine in jb so its significantly cheaper.

Thanks for your info bro. Don't mind can share with me where did you do it?did you bring your own or the ws supply all the parts and labour?

Hi guys,

Sound like wheel bearing problem because happen to my car. Noise louder when above 70kph.

Better have it fixed as it can cause car to lose control on wet road.

• Praise 1

Bros, just to update that i went to ws and the mech told me not the bearing problem. Its the rear tyre problem. They asked me to change both rear tyres.The mech said bearings are fine. Anyone can share some input?my tyres changed around 1-2years ago

Supersonic

swap the rear tyres to the front.

if the sound goes to the front or go away, then it's the tyres.

if the sound is still at the rear, it's probably the bearings.

The mech said its useless to rotate so i didnt do it. But he confirm not bearing coz when he rotate the tyre using his hand, he said he can feel rotatting smoothly. If bearing problem, he said he could feel the tyre not rotating smoothly. He just asked me to change the rear tyres. He didnt sell tyres btw, just when i serviced my car he checked for me when i told him i heard sounds from hear tyres

The mech said its useless to rotate so i didnt do it. But he confirm not bearing coz when he rotate the tyre using his hand, he said he can feel rotatting smoothly. If bearing problem, he said he could feel the tyre not rotating smoothly. He just asked me to change the rear tyres. He didnt sell tyres btw, just when i serviced my car he checked for me when i told him i heard sounds from hear tyres

are both your front and rear tyres different brands? also are both the front and rear using same type of size and profile?