Do car models used in PHV helped the sales of private cars?

DACH

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think car models used in PHV helps the sales of these models in the private car market?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Supersonic

Do you think that those car models that are acquired by PHVs actually helped to boost the sales of these models for private car buyers?

i.e.

- Honda Vezel / HRV

- Mitsubishi Attrage

- Toyota Prius

- Toyota Prius C

- Mazda 3

- KIA K3

- Toyota Vios

Does their attributes like riding comfort, fuel consumption, availability of parts, etc, actually helped to boost the sales for the above mentioned models when they are recommended by PHV drivers and riders?

Or does it actually turn off buyers, like too common on the roads, long waiting time at servicing centers, etc?

Say if PHV doesn't exist here, do the above models even sell for private car market?

↡ Advertisement

Do you think that those car models that are acquired by PHVs actually helped to boost the sales of these models for private car buyers?

i.e.

- Honda Vezel / HRV

- Mitsubishi Attrage

- Toyota Prius

- Toyota Prius C

- Mazda 3

- KIA K3

- Toyota Vios

Does their attributes like riding comfort, fuel consumption, availability of parts, etc, actually helped to boost the sales for the above mentioned models when they are recommended by PHV drivers and riders?

Or does it actually turn off buyers, like too common on the roads, long waiting time at servicing centers, etc?

Say if PHV doesn't exist here, do the above models even sell for private car market?

They definitely raised the knowledge of these cars island-wise. For sales-wise, unknown according to your negative factors and positive factors listed. 

I believe knowledge translate to sales. If the car is good.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

to me doesnt matter so much whether its a car model used by PHV, as long as its a good and VFM car...

Supersonic

to me doesnt matter so much whether its a car model used by PHV, as long as its a good and VFM car...

However some people I know die die don't buy Vezels, even they think it is good, because they do not want to drive a car that is too common on the roads. 

Supersonic

Wonder why he start such a topic too.

Well, if these models are not used in PHV, would there be people consider to get these cars?

Thus is PHV a marketing tactic to attract private car buyers to buy these cars, based on their attributes, positive and negative, as the more commonly used PHV cars?

Well, if these models are not used in PHV, would there be people consider to get these cars?

Thus is PHV a marketing tactic to attract private car buyers to buy these cars, based on their attributes, positive and negative, as the more commonly used PHV cars?

You seems obsessed about the car models used by grab? What car you driving anyway?

i.e.

- Honda Vezel / HRV

- Mitsubishi Attrage

- Toyota Prius

- Toyota Prius C

- Mazda 3

- KIA K3

- Toyota Vios

I think price also plays a huge part, and since these cars are quite low in the price bracket, they would sell well in the private market anyway. But it also allows prospective buyers to know and feel more about the car when taking Grab trips in them, especially those PI cars that cannot be testdriven. For example, I always thought Vezel is very good until I took a trip in one and found the suspension to be too bouncy and unsettling for me. Anyway the number of private-hire cars on the road seemed to have decreased, right?

Supersonic

You seems obsessed about the car models used by grab? What car you driving anyway?

Not so, but more curious on how these PHV cars has changed the perception of private car buyers and sales of the models used by PHV.

Just like how comfort started using the Mercedes Benz E class as cabs in the 1990s.

Sales of white Mercedes Benz E class cars actually dropped by quite a lot. 

Current car is Honda Civic.

I think price also plays a huge part, and since these cars are quite low in the price bracket, they would sell well in the private market anyway. But it also allows prospective buyers to know and feel more about the car when taking Grab trips in them, especially those PI cars that cannot be testdriven. For example, I always thought Vezel is very good until I took a trip in one and found the suspension to be too bouncy and unsettling for me. Anyway the number of private-hire cars on the road seemed to have decreased, right?

You brought up a good point. 

And due to this, take the Vezel from your example, because of the popularity of the Vezel, has it prompt KM to bring in its own version as the HRV to boost the sales against the PI model competitor? 

↡ Advertisement