Will the Elantra finally dethrone the Altis in 2018?

Browsing through the Elantra thread, it seems that more people are buying this model rather than the Altis. There seems to be more new Elantra than Altis on the roads as well. I can attribute it to the vast price difference between the two models.  VES is one factor that is against the altis. Also, the specs of this Korean made car is superior than the Altis.

Is this the year where the Elantra reign supreme and become the best selling car in Singapore? Is this the time where the Altis is finally dethroned by the Elantra?

Or maybe Altis will still retain its top selling crown? Afterall the Toyota brand has always been associated with reliability.

Lets have a healthy discussion on this.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

(edited)

VES may just kill Altis sales.

What is the VES for Elantra vs Altis? 0 v 10k, 0 v 20k or 10k v 20k?

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 2

Browsing through the Elantra thread, it seems that more people are buying this model rather than the Altis. There seems to be more new Elantra than Altis on the roads as well. I can attribute it to the vast price difference between the two models.  VES is one factor that is against the altis. Also, the specs of this Korean made car is superior than the Altis.

Is this the year where the Elantra reign supreme and become the best selling car in Singapore? Is this the time where the Altis is finally dethroned by the Elantra?

Or maybe Altis will still retain its top selling crown? Afterall the Toyota brand has always been associated with reliability.

Thought 2009 avante best and top seller?

• Praise 1

yes, it will, many going for this car, almost $20k cheaper. 

The crowds from Altis and Nissan swam to  Elantra and Honda. Did newspapers gave fake news about crowed at showrooms? Anw it is dangerous to try for healthy discussion between Jap and K car w/o getting run over. 

• Praise 7

Boy, this thread is going to be hot!!!

Hot as in a lot of heated exchanges and blood boiling comments..

Who want to guess how many "dislikes" will this thread collect, and how long it can last before it gets lock?  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 9

Boy, this thread is going to be hot!!!

Hot as in a lot of heated exchanges and blood boiling comments..

Who want to guess how many "dislikes" will this thread collect, and how long it can last before it gets lock? [:p][laugh][laugh]

That's why I mention let's have a healthy discussion. Hope it will turn out to be really healthy

Healthy is mayb you put elantra and cerato K3 together. 

You put Korean and Japanese together is like eating char kway teow for breakfast, lunch and dinner for a whole year!!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

i am most qualified to comment as i am driving toyota now and sold my AD elantra...

elantra wins hand down la hahahaha

• Praise 3

That's why I mention let's have a healthy discussion. Hope it will turn out to be really healthy

Coming from a serial disliker, you say le

@tianmo

• Praise 7

What Elantra? What Altis?

haven't seen either one on the road for a long while now.... all I see are Mazda 3/Vezel/CHR/Prius/Harrier

Maybe I am driving on the wrong road. :D

• Praise 2

What Elantra? What Altis?

haven't seen either one on the road for a long while now.... all I see are Mazda 3/Vezel/CHR/Prius/Harrier

Maybe I am driving on the wrong road. :D

You high ses la

Oni drive in gvb area... even maids der drive c180

Lol

(edited)

Don't need to guess.

From Lta hor, first 5 month total sedan models for Toyota can't even win Hyundai total sedan models. Some more now Ves surcharge for altis, I wonder who will buy altis when u can pick civic 1.6na

post-162710-0-49624500-1531198822_thumb.png

Edited by Kia7200
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2